China

Jorian Drake

Possibility about a revolution in china, or a war with democrats?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Possibility about a revolution in china, or a war with democrats?

• It is very possible that there will be a war.
    • There can be a revolution, yes.
    • A revolution is not possible, too strong police and propaganda.
    • No, no war, they are our friends.

China doesn't need to start a nuclear war. All it has to do is, like, buy tonnes of US dollars to scare the US economically, aggressively trade with them to offer a positive incentive to avoid war. Then it can act serruptitiously by arming all potential other opponents of the US so the US has to spend a fortune around the world trying to protect its interests while the Chinese get richer.

Hey, waitaminute...

That works both ways.

Even though the current US foreign policy is not very liked by us Euros, I'm pretty sure most of us would rather see the US as the world super power instead of China, not just because they are our allies and friends, also due to the fact that they are not a onepartycommunistwannabecapitaliststatewithnoconcernforhumanrightswhatsoeverohan

theygotnukestooOMG. :)

At any rate, y'all should just send Chuck over to kick Chinas red ass.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Even though the current US foreign policy is not very liked by us Euros, I'm pretty sure most of us would rather see the US as the world super power instead of China, not just because they are our allies and friends, also due to the fact that they are not a onepartycommunistwannabecapitaliststatewithnoconcernforhumanrightswhatsoeverohan

theygotnukestooOMG.

;)

Chuck is laready the worlds creator, owner, and ruler.

ERGO: Chuck is the secret Ruler of China! :D

...ummm...I like chinese food. Really, I'm not suire witch one would I vote fro: chinese or US rule. <_<

I think I would not go to that voting. :cool:

IB1OsQq.png

China doesn't need to start a nuclear war. All it has to do is, like, buy tonnes of US dollars to scare the US economically, aggressively trade with them to offer a positive incentive to avoid war. Then it can act serruptitiously by arming all potential other opponents of the US so the US has to spend a fortune around the world trying to protect its interests while the Chinese get richer.

Hey, waitaminute...

Domestically, people in the US might not care a whole lot if the value of their dollar goes up because China buys tons of US dollars. Though I suppose it would hurt exports.

As for a trade embargo on China.....it worked so well with Japan :-"

theygotnukestooOMG.

:-

Which is exactly why China is building up its military. It knows that the West cannot be trusted, and that even if it were to make amends to please the US or Europe, it can never be a true superpower in a world where the West sets the rules of engagement.

And really, it's not at all about the one party communist wannabe capitalist etc. etc. etc. Political excuses are nice and all but deep down under, human beings are racists - we stick to those who look like us. European rhetoric is exactly that: words spoken out of dislike for American arrogance, not love of China. When push comes to shove, East and West are innately antagonistic and will remain so. Consequently, idealists (on both sides) who think that everything would be so much better if China simply bowed down to US/European demands and adopted Western democracy are kidding themselves. All that'll ever do is make the East the eternal subordinate of the West.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

Bold, but very true, I think. I don't subscribe to the Nazi notion of race war and genocide being the expected outcome of history, but nor do I think that everyone can simply put aside their differences and live in harmony. The Self is always defined in terms of the Other, and even if interracial copulation one day homogenizes the color line, we'll just find some other aspect of difference to "racialize" various groups.

There are doors

Don't think the bountiful raw materials and huge open spaces haven't attracted the lustful gaze of other countries ... :devil:"

If they did want the Uranium we have I don't think they'd ever get the chance/time to make use of it

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Aside from Brazil, to who else is China selling defence stuff?

I know China sells arms to Pakistan and Israel. (Though I might have read about it here, so it is not that reliable... :D )

Racism will never die since prejudice is part of human nature, but prejudice among nations can be eliminated. One day, Chuck Norris will unite us all. :devil:

Edited by julianw

Yeah Meta get your quotes right. Mr. Stalin would be most displeased.

stalin.jpg

That's obviously what happened to Stalin, then: chuck round-housed him for trying to take the credit for his quip.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just saw on CNN that, if China and the US continue on there respective economic expansions, that China wouldn't pass the US till 2036. However, the likelihood China continues at such a pace for 30 more years is slim.

They wouldn't pass us, in terms of quality of life, till the end of the century.

So, found that interesting