Brothers in Arms 3!

Krookie

It's strange, but I seem to be the only one on the forum to like the games.  :ermm:

Apparently so.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

The combat seemed way too sluggish for me....and the command interface didn't feel at all intuitive.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I liked the first two games but alas the lack of a multiplayer game with wide appeal (despite the game being quite engaging it only supports 4 players maximum - a deathknell for online games) meant that it never took off like MOH or COD online.

I'll certainly give episode 3 a whirl.

I do wish that developers would take the time to give PC titles a quicksave option though - repeating large sections because of console saving restrictions sucks.

I liked the first two games but alas the lack of a multiplayer game with wide appeal (despite the game being quite engaging it only supports 4 players maximum - a deathknell for online games) meant that it never took off like MOH or COD online.

I'll certainly give episode 3 a whirl.

I do wish that developers would take the time to give PC titles a quicksave option though - repeating large sections because of console saving restrictions sucks.

If you read the article at goes along with the screens, you'll see their new look on multiplayer. Players are devided into squads, the highest ranking player can give commands and the others will or will not listen, depending on if your playing with a group or arses. Clans are grouped into small units like squads, or you can from huge clans like platoons. 32 player mulitplay isn't bad.

I should probably be more exited than I am right now.

I should probably be less excited than I am right now, but then again I'm not looking at the game's pics.

It seems to me that World War 2 shooters tend to present incremental improvements over the winning formula without trying much else. Of course, they are winners. From Medal of Honor to Call of Duty they all seem to bring out great interpretations of that particular war. But I'd really wish other wars were equally well reflected, or presented in different ways. Pick up on the formula of games like Hidden and Dangerous or even Brothers in Arms and show other war theaters, for instance, would probably be a good thing.

Quicksaving is lame.

It's cheating, plain and simple.

I'd rather cheat then repeat the same field of enemies thirty times because I got sniped right before the next checkpoint. Games should give the player the choice to save anywhere he wants, so if you don't want to "cheat", you don't have to.

I should probably be more exited than I am right now.

I should probably be less excited than I am right now, but then again I'm not looking at the game's pics.

It seems to me that World War 2 shooters tend to present incremental improvements over the winning formula without trying much else. Of course, they are winners. From Medal of Honor to Call of Duty they all seem to bring out great interpretations of that particular war. But I'd really wish other wars were equally well reflected, or presented in different ways. Pick up on the formula of games like Hidden and Dangerous or even Brothers in Arms and show other war theaters, for instance, would probably be a good thing.

Oh yeah, btw, did you play H&D in coop?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I did, and it can be a LOT of fun, but VOip or LAN only, playing it without realtime communication is pointless.

I havn't gotten to play it yet, but H&D2 (addon needed) seemed to improve on the original in coop by not being quite so anal.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I never got around to playing Hidden and Dangerous's coop... Then again, I rarely if ever get around to playing any multiplayer modes of games I own because I don't care much for multiplayer, and even if I find good people to play with I've yet to have a fully stable system that would enable me to spend a considerable amount of time playing online. Someone whose computer faints repeatedly is a hassle in multiplayer games.

• 2 years later...

Loved the first game, the second wouldn't run on my Xbox because of some horrendous bug they didn't catch. Was really looking forward to the third one until I found out they made it more "accessible", which means take out a lot of the stuff that made the first one good and make it into Gears of Duty in Arms. Third person cover, regenerating health, less realistic iron sights, lots of gore, in-game advertisement. The reviews have also been fairly negative. Still, I'll probably try the demo once it's out.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

WW2 shooter?

I've been over that since CoD3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"