NWN2 official release date

funcroc

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...477040&forum=95

While the official press release does not go out until tomorrow, I promised I'd have some big news this week that has been asked many, many times.

The official release date for NWN2 is September 2006.

There you have it!

-Shane

Shane K. DeFreest

Maverick Public Relations

Neverwinter Nights 2 Community Manager

http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=16610

COLUMBIA, SC
Edited by funcroc

No delay! (w00t)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Want to bet? I could bet money on at least one delay, probably two.

well we've already had one delay as the target was Q2. Hopefully we won't get anymore. OK now what the heck do I do for 5 months :(

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I'ii be in the army... :(

Been there, done that. Now bring me the game!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I wish I was was more interested in NWN2, considering its developers, but I'm not. I couldn't get into the originals mods--they always felt like a waste of time to me and the main campaigns were like a snack rather than a full-course meal. I'll still be buying it around the release date though I bet. :p

I didnt know it was delayed in the first place. This completely ruins my plans for spending my summer freetime doing a design demo with the NWN2 toolset. And is sure as hell wont have time to do that when the autumn semster starts in late August.

But I hope theyre actually working on polishing the game this extra time and not just sit around while the lawyers and accountants of the publisher>distributor>retail chain grind their coggs.

Sometimes the publisher will decide that a game should be released at a later date because it wants to have the market clear for other title launches and the game just sits on the shelf that time.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

SEPTEMBER!?!?!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

What am I suppose to do for a PC CRPG til then?!?!?!? *twitch* *twitch* >_<

Well, I guess its best delayed and working than than unplayable early. Besides that will give me more time to get my uber computer together for it.

Well, I guess its best delayed and working than than unplayable early.

Id guess that this delay isnt because the game needs more polishing, but because ATARi doesnt want NWN2 to affect sales of D&D Online.

I just hope they will let OE work on NWN2 until September and not just put it on ice.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I haven't been quite so rabidly following NWN2. I'm still, even now, a bit leery of it. However, I am going to pre-order. If there is a collector's edition, I will pre-order that one. I'll probably enjoy it quite a bit, even if it's not as great as I hope. In the meantime, Obsidian has provided me with the game I play more often than any other over the long haul: T.O.M.B.S. For that, I will support their games and hope I enjoy the rest of them as much as I did KotOR2.

EDIT: Furthermore, I might even gift a couple out to friends.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!