• 6. Iron Butterfly
    • 7. AC/DC
    • 8. Black Sabbath
    • 9. Backstreet Boys
    • 10. White Zombie

of what you have there:

1) Led Zeppelin

2) Black Sabbath

@ creep: I agree, the Beatles were a "boy band" and a gimmick band, although very good at what they did.

but I am going to have to disagree about AC/DC....cheap gimmick band...a cool riff does not a song make.

of what you have there:

1) Led Zeppelin

2) Black Sabbath

@ creep:  I agree, the Beatles were a "boy band" and a gimmick band, although very good at what they did.

but I am going to have to disagree about AC/DC....cheap gimmick band...a cool riff does not a song make.

Actually they made many songs with the same riff, by their own admition.

After 33 years they still have record ticket sales all over the world. They're the kind of band you go see in concert for the big nostalgia factor.

And the naked women. :D

Most of their albums are iffy with only 1 or 2 songs really worth a listen but they 're used to promote concert tickets sales and Live is where this band is at.

You haven't seen a rock concert until you've seen AC/DC.

I like ACDC but i don't know their songs... would TNT be one of them?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

WTF? Where's Queen?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

dont' get me wrong, I actually like some AC/DC tracks just as I like some KISS tracks or Motley Crue tracks...but I know a good band from a gimmick band.

of theirs, my favorites would have to be:

TNT

Hell's Bells (love that opening riff)

She Shook She (love the intro)

AC/DC's best song is Money Talks, no doubt. I could never hit the notes well enough to do a decent cover though, without really damaging my throat.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

KISS > Ac/Dc

(and 'A Perfect Circle' is rubbish. MJK alone does not a Tool make )

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

16 Horsepower

Black Flag

Can

Dead Can Dance

Dredg

Kyuss

Minutemen

Melvins

Mr. Bungle

Nomeansno

Top 10.

I like your list better, most of the bands on the original poll always seemed a little overrated to me...well with exception to iron butterfly :p

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

It's silly to have bands like Beatles (or Rolling Stones) on these kind of polls, since their influence on music and the whole rock-culture to this day. My choice would be between Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

But ofcourse, nothing beats Pink Floyd.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Voted Iron Butterfly accidentally, misread to be Iron Maiden.

My favourite band is nowhere to be seen but that is understandable as you can't exactly type them all out.

So if there was the option: RUSH :p:)

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Yep.

There are:

Dirty Deeds

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Fly on the Wall

Back in Black

Money Talks

Thunderstruck

Just to name a few...

4 Albums AC/DC fans need :

1- Back in Black

2- Highway to Hell

3- Powerage

4- AC/DC Live(Any)

I would add "For those About to Rock". I think it's a good album, just not anywhere near "Back in Black" level.

And thats one of those overrated albums. The real masterpieces are "Wish you were here" and "Animals"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "