Heres

I would release some Tetris clone called Quatris, done in Visual Basic (by myself) in five hours.

Then I would spend the

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The type of game would be a hardcore cyberpunk near future thriller with a detailed turn based combat system, multiple starting points depending on what type of character the player created, all set within a full Los Angeles sized city where the player could go anywhere. I would have it use a radial menu system, similarly done in ToEE and have it cross platform for the PS3 and the PC.

PC-style RPG, free creative reign on original IP; focused on storytelling *within* a roleplaying setting. Turn-based, party-based.

Chris Avellone and Tom Hall to work on story/writing.

JE Sawyer to work on gameplay mechanics.

Tim Cain to work out various roleplaying tidbits.

And whoever they suggest for other roles.

Feargus for premium coffee, I guess.

John Romero as scut monkey.

In terms of production values, I want Andreas Waldetoft (Hearts of Iron II composer) or maybe Inon Zur or Jack Wall. Of course, full orchestra.

Ideally, I'd actually love a Wuxia setting, but I don't really see that as possible; instead, you get Westernized hybrid stuff like Jade Empire. Meh.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

As for staff I would see to bring in some new blood to the industry. I live next to a fairly large university who has a large gamer community, hell even a computer sci club that dedicates itself to making computer games. I would draw the staff from these people.

Well, you managed to type three dots every time. I wouldn't be worried. It's when you keep whacking the same button and wondering why otr letters except q won't appear when you should be worried. :)

I'm trying to play as Bactria in RTR. Decent fun if I let my rig rest every hour or so.

I shall re-assemble the original members of Westwood to finish the C&C series. The music composer could be none other than Frank Klepacki :huh:

A survival horror game with semi-rpg elements such as stets and skills that you can raise as you complete certain objectives.

The game would be open ended and with multiple endings based on the path you took as well as "good" and "evil" endings. Plus the "let's get the hell out of here" endings no survival horror game (except Haunting Ground) has done.

There would be the ability to choose from multiple characters and starting points, and you'd be able to play through with each and not miss anything. (i.e. no exclusive events)

Also the game would be on an event based timer, so as you progress through the game time would be moving forward so it would be possible to miss events as you trigger others (woo woo more playability)

I'll add more later as I think of it :-

The type of game would be a hardcore cyberpunk near future thriller with a detailed turn based combat system, multiple starting points depending on what type of character the player created, all set within a full Los Angeles sized city where the player could go anywhere.  I would have it use a radial menu system, similarly done in ToEE and have it cross platform for the PS3 and the PC.

Have you watched Ghost in the Shell before? There's a 56 episode anime that continues too.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

MCA and Josh, after that they can choose their own team, only requirements are that it has to be and RPG, and has to be Steampunk, or at least contain heavy steampunk elements. It should also have a town of some sort that the player can build on throughout the game. Something to spend his/her money on and such. Should be as big of a game as BG2.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd have the dudes from BIO, OBS and the ex-TROIKA (now Obs?) get together in a Survivor-Big Bro (but not as lame as big bro - just the urban setting etc) reality show. It'd be broadcast live on the internet. Watch out for the special edited version on the weekend. People'd vote for the team and there'd be much anguish and rejoicing (from the audience).

Imagine the fun!

Tim Cain: We used to be Troika! Give me the butter knife!

Feargus : But you're with Obsidian now! Give the butter knife to Sawyer!

Ideally, I'd actually love a Wuxia setting, but I don't really see that as possible; instead, you get Westernized hybrid stuff like Jade Empire. Meh.

It dosnt have to sell so feel free.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Myself, I'm completely torn (no pun intended) between a Giant Stompy Robot game or a Dragon based game.

Lair could well turn out to be the game I would have made. Which would be both amazing and just ever so slightly creepy.

An RPG set around Macross or The Invid Invasion with mile long ships and huge mecha combats. Lots of open ended pathways where even your most innocuous action could have huge consequences. Nothing so basic as choosing good or evil from a menu.

As for who would do it. I'd have to think on that.

Have to be on the PS3 no other system would have a large enough storage capacity.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

An RPG set around Macross or The Invid Invasion with mile long ships and huge mecha combats. Lots of open ended pathways where even your most innocuous action could have huge consequences. Nothing so basic as choosing good or evil from a menu.

"Oo, I wonder what this button does..."

Edited by Atreides

Yep I was thinking about tossing the player out in a mecha without a control scheme so they could share the panic with the character.

Maybe lable some buttons according to the characters talents.

And then just to be really evil, randomise the control scheme every time you reload.

(only until you work out how it functions of course).

478327[/snapback]

Dragonriding.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It dosnt have to sell so feel free.

No, it doesn't have to sell, but getting Western developers working on it? Haha. Japanese devs wouldn't be that much more different, then you'd end up with anime-esque stuff. Chinese devs still have some ways to go, I guess.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

^That, except with dragons. Battle of Britanesque scenes where you take part in huge air battles, facing foes both dragon and machine. Throw in a off-the-hook soundtrack and the obligatory rpg-elements. :)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've had this idea in my head(and on paper) for a while:

Without going into details, it's comparable to Fallout tactics, except in first-person and in real-time.

A First-Person Tactical Shooter RPG.

The story starts with a threat of a nuclear attack, followed by the failure of preventing it and finally, the climax in a post apocalyptic world.

A fictitious planet.

The look is very cartoony, almost childish, with bright colors, cutesy-looking little characters and creatures but the rest is serious and violent.

I like contrasts.