A Fanboy Intervention

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What relevance is this?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

And it's not about the price. If that's the issue, we shouldn't be sitting here talking about buying a next-gen machine this year. Just take the money you were going to spend on a next-gen machine and buy a second current machine instead. I keep hearing from Nintendo loyalists how cheap the Revolution will be. Well, it's not as cheap as a PS2 or an XBox (both $149 right now, probably $99 this fall) and both of those machines have libraries 100 times larger than the Rev will have on opening day.

This goes for any single-console fan. If you're an XBox guy, you're probably saving the $600 it'll cost to get a 360 and two games. For that amount of money, you could put down $149 for a PS2 and pick out the ten best games they ever made for it. There simply aren't ten games that good on the 360 right now. Which way would get you more gaming bang for your buck?

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And it's not about the price. If that's the issue, we shouldn't be sitting here talking about buying a next-gen machine this year. Just take the money you were going to spend on a next-gen machine and buy a second current machine instead. I keep hearing from Nintendo loyalists how cheap the Revolution will be. Well, it's not as cheap as a PS2 or an XBox (both $149 right now, probably $99 this fall) and both of those machines have libraries 100 times larger than the Rev will have on opening day.

This goes for any single-console fan. If you're an XBox guy, you're probably saving the $600 it'll cost to get a 360 and two games. For that amount of money, you could put down $149 for a PS2 and pick out the ten best games they ever made for it. There simply aren't ten games that good on the 360 right now. Which way would get you more gaming bang for your buck?

:lol:

True.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I have one of these, they're brilliant!

namco.jpg

But unless you have infinite money - and if you do, you shouldn't be reading this and should be out on a jet ski somewhere - there is no reason in the world to line up to buy a gleaming new game machine on opening day. Honestly, if the reason you're out trying to win converts to your console is because you're afraid it's going to fail, why not spare yourself the anxiety? Wait and see.
:lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am waiting for the new-gen consoles to come out so that I can buy the ps2 and the gamecube a lot cheaper. Moreover, PS2's best games are sold in platinum versions which is a very good think for my wallet.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Moreover, PS2's best games are sold in platinum versions which is a very good think for my wallet.

No.

Popular games?

Yes.

Best games?

No.

Tell me more. What games do you think are unpopular and good? (Should be cheaper, too.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Tell me more. What games do you think are unpopular and good? (Should be cheaper, too.)

Unpopular? No

I'm just saying that looking for "platinum or greatest hits" games and assuming they're the best isn't wise.

Take Disgaea.

Fantastic game on a lot of levels... but you won't see a greatest hits version of it. And the game did very well, so well in fact that the game alone caused Altus to open a NA branch.

Or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

An excellent, and very mature game.

But you won't see it either, unless you blow a lot of money on ebay.

Greatest Hits does not equal best.

But they are the greatest hits!

Or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Pokemon for grown ups.

I'm getting Atlus' latest Trauma Center as soon as it's released. I've still got a lot of their Disgaea type games that I havnt played yet.

Not flash but they make some fantastic stuff.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Nope.

In Pokemon, the goal is the creature gaining "THAT" is the point of hte game.

In the SMT games it's just a way to recruit characters as you move through the storyline.

The point is to beat the elite four. Or the frontier brains. :lol:

Pokemon is much the same, you swap new ones for old ones (and evolve them) as you get further into the story.

478327[/snapback]

Nope.

In Pokemon, the goal is the creature gaining "THAT" is the point of hte game.

In the SMT games it's just a way to recruit characters as you move through the storyline.

The point is to beat the elite four. Or the frontier brains. :)

Pokemon is much the same, you swap new ones for old ones (and evolve them) as you get further into the story.

I've played Pokemon, so I can say that no it isn't :lol:

if anything, Pokemon is SMT for kids :lol: (if you want to keep at this)

SMT came out on the SNES long before Pokemon was invented :p

I've played Pokemon, so I can say that no it isn't :lol:

if anything, Pokemon is SMT for kids :lol: (if you want to keep at this)

SMT came out on the SNES long before Pokemon was invented :p

The catching them all isnt the point of the game. I mean you cant even do it unless you trade anyway. The point of the game is to beat the eite four and the champion :)

Thats fine by me. I'm just pointing out that they have a lot in common.

Pokemon is 10 years old this year.

478327[/snapback]