Revan's fate...

Guest The Architect

What do you think has happened to Revan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened to Revan?

• Revan is dead, he/she has been killed by the 'True Sith...
    • Revan has been captured by the 'True Sith'...
    • Revan still has not discovered the 'True Sith' and is still looking for clues concerning there whereabouts...
    • Revan's ship was attacked in the unknown regions causing his/her ship to crashland on an unknown planet in the unknown regions, resulting in Revan being stuck/stranded in the unknown regions...
    • Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected...
    • Revan has discovered the 'True Sith' and is simply spying on them and trying to obtain information concerning what there plans are, etc...
    • If you set Revan as LS in KOTOR III perhaps Revan fell to the DS once again and has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • None of the above. If you have any other suggestions, please clarify,

Guest The Architect
As far as the voices go, didn't KotOR have voices for Revan with their aknowledgement monologues ie: mine set & ready ? They could just use the same voice actors. The difficulty i see with putting a voice to them though is how hearing Revan would be strange for the player. Revan's tone, whether s/he was being sarcastic or not, all that stuff was up to the player. With it being voiced, it would be strange. Not that it shouldn't be done, just they would have to do a good job.

And yeah, other than a few technical issues, it really wouldn't be that difficult to bring 'em back.

Hmm, while I do agree that it wouldn't be that difficult to bring Revan and the Exile back in K3 it seems Obsidian doesn't. If it wasn't that difficult, then I reckon they would have brought Revan back in K2 but they didn't, I know it was because Revan has gone off into the unknown regions to fight the 'True Sith' but Obsidian deliberately created that plot in the first place to keep Revan out of the game and also tie in the four gender/alignment combo's that Revan had.

By the way who says Revan and the Exile need voices anyway? You could make Revan and the Exile's lines scripted in K3, but at some point in the game if the main character is talking to Revan and/or the Exile instead of hearing Revan and the Exile reply to you with their voices just like every other non playable character you talk to after your main character has said his/her line it could simply switch to Revan/Exile and you either choose their lines or say what their gonna say so their voices are still muted, does anybody understand what I mean?

So it would be as if your controlling Revan and the Exile again, but your actually not, your only switching to them temporarily to say their lines so it's muted and it still feels like your character, is this a good idea or not?

Hmm, while I do agree that it wouldn't be that difficult to bring Revan and the Exile back in K3 it seems Obsidian doesn't. If it wasn't that difficult, then I reckon they would have brought Revan back in K2 but they didn't, I know it was because Revan has gone off into the unknown regions to fight the 'True Sith' but Obsidian deliberately created that plot in the first place to keep Revan out of the game and also tie in the four gender/alignment combo's that Revan had.

By the way who says Revan and the Exile need voices anyway? You could make Revan and the Exile's lines scripted in K3, but at some point in the game if the main character is talking to Revan and/or the Exile instead of hearing Revan and the Exile reply to you with their voices just like every other non playable character you talk to after your main character has said his/her line it could simply switch to Revan/Exile and you either choose their lines or say what their gonna say so their voices are still muted, does anybody understand what I mean?

So it would be as if your controlling Revan and the Exile again, but your actually not, your only switching to them temporarily to say their lines so it's muted and it still feels like your character, is this a good idea or not?

Yeah, I understand what you are getting at. It's like you are in complete control of the conversation. You would need to build quiet a bit of text of course because it's like:

Main PC gets 4 lines:

A - B - C - D

Revan get 4 options for A, 4 for B, 4 for C, 4 for D.

Then your PC get another 4 for the 16 answers of Revan total lines are 64 for a 3 lines conversation. Could easily make a 500 lines for one conversation. Any volunteers to write a lot of lines for a Revan / Exile etc. conversations etc.

It will be very complicated when your PC talks to both Revan and the Exile. But its a nice idea no doubt.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect
Yeah, I understand what you are getting at. It's like you are in complete control of the conversation. You would need to build quiet a bit of text of course because it's like:

Main PC gets 4 lines:

A - B - C - D

Then your PC get another 4 for the 16 answers of Revan total lines are 64 for a 3 lines conversation. Could easily make a 500 lines for one conversation. Any volunteers to write a lot of lines for a Revan / Exile etc. conversations etc.

It will be very complicated when your PC talks to both Revan and the Exile. But its a nice idea no doubt.

Well you wouldn't necessarily have to have dialogue choices for Revan and the Exile but if it is possible then do it devs. All I'm saying is that Revan and the Exile will still feel like your characters if it switches to them while they say something. So even if Revan and the Exile don't get dialogue choices, so what?

There were some rare, brief occassions in K1 and K2 where Revan and the Exile didn't get dialogue choices, they were forced to say one line, well I'm sure of it anyway, but the point is their voices will still be muted and it would still feel like your character.

Instead of forcing voices for Revan and the Exile on us, make them mute again, but instead of listening to Revan and the Exile say something but it's muted, actually switch to Revan and the Exile whenever they are going to say something 'on-screen' when their talking to your K3 main character.

Instead of forcing voices for Revan and the Exile on us, make them mute again, but instead of listening to Revan and the Exile say something but it's muted, actually switch to Revan and the Exile whenever they are going to say something 'on-screen' when their talking to your K3 main character.

Actually, I'd rather accept fixed voices for Revan and Exile than have them be mute, because otherwise it seems like a severe limitation on what you can use them for plotwise. Sure, some people may be put off by that, especially in the Exile's case who had no voice before (whereas Revan had some 'ready'-comments). I might even be one of them myself. But I'd rather overcome that than have them be silent and not significant in the plot. They are significant characters - that's why I want them in K3.

Guest The Architect
Actually, I'd rather accept fixed voices for Revan and Exile than have them be mute, because otherwise it seems like a severe limitation on what you can use them for plotwise. Sure, some people may be put off by that, especially in the Exile's case who had no voice before (whereas Revan had some 'ready'-comments). I might even be one of them myself. But I'd rather overcome that than have them be silent and not significant in the plot. They are significant characters - that's why I want them in K3.

I know where your coming from but I fail to see how giving Revan and the Exile muted voices in K3 would severley limit what you could use them for plotwise. Even in cutscenes or events in which Revan and the Exile are not talking to the main character you could make it that whenever Revan and the Exile speak your in control of them (only when they speak), this doesn't necessarily mean they will have dialogue choices.

Bah, it's difficult to explain for some reason but giving Revan and the Exile muted voices does not necessarily mean their roles in the plot of K3 would be limited or that they would have less lines, so, what makes you think that their roles would be limited plotwise?

Main PC gets 4 lines:

A - B - C - D

It wont be quite that extreme because only a few conversations will have that many options. It's still enough to make it worth avoiding though especially when every line has to voiced.

Which is why I either want them significant but very dead. Or just off doing something else and nothing to do with the story.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Guest The Architect
Which is why I either want them significant but very dead. Or just off doing something else and nothing to do with the story.

I understand that killing Revan and the Exile off would make things a lot easier for the devs but it's just unfair to the fans, it would be anti-climatic, disappointing and overall, it would just be poor, lazy writing to kill of Revan and the Exile, that's a cowards way out.

There is a way to bring back Revan and the Exile in K3, I can't be bothered typing a marathon of words so to be brief I'd bring them back exactly the same way as Jediphile brings them back in his story.

Also, you don't have to give Revan and the Exile fixed genders, alignments, appearences, classes etc in order to bring them back, you should be able to choose all that (well my signature tells the story) but as long as you give them set, definitive roles in K3 without ruining what YOUR Revan and Exile did in the past then they can return, but NOT as the main character(s).

I know that it's pretty much impossible to tie in sixteen possible gender/alignment combo's of Revan and the Exile but...Look, just read Jediphile's story and you'll get an idea of the point I'm trying to make, if you ask him, he should provide you a link to his story, it's not a detailed story (but that's alright since you don't want to post a ten thousand word essay on a chat forum because no one will read it) but his story is pretty close to what I'd like K3 to be about and what I'd like to see/do in K3.

Edited by The Architect

maybe kill exile but not revan. ok, maybe kill exile at the beginning and revan near the end or somthing like that...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Enough with the one line comments allready.

Sure, I guess you should be able to kill Revan and/or the Exile depending on how you set their alignments and how your own alignment will be. LS versus LS isn't exactly how it works right.

On the other hand, I think that only we think it is difficult to bring in Revan and the Exile in a possible Kotor III. I mean, Obsidian truely choose to make Kotor II not being based upon Revan.

IMO, when Obsidian developed a story for Kotor II they allready kept in their minds that it should be followed up by a Kotor III and they hoped they could build that game as well. Now, if Obsidian did a bit of planning ahead (which I believe they did) they would know that you have two characters from your previous game to bring back. And if they don't understand that fans will be pissed off if they decide to simply kill them then they don't deserve to build another game and LA should then go looking for another Developer good enough to bring back the previous two PC's.

Why build a new character in Kotor II (the Exile) when you could simply take your good old character Revan for Kotor II. Sure, they made Revan go away to the Unknown Regions and he/she could choose to be DS or LS but they could have made an import character thing right?

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect

Sure, I guess you should be able to kill Revan and/or the Exile depending on how you set their alignments and how your own alignment will be. LS versus LS isn't exactly how it works right.

On the other hand, I think that only we think it is difficult to bring in Revan and the Exile in a possible Kotor III. I mean, Obsidian truely choose to make Kotor II not being based upon Revan.

IMO, when Obsidian developed a story for Kotor II they allready kept in their minds that it should be followed up by a Kotor III and they hoped they could build that game as well. Now, if Obsidian did a bit of planning ahead (which I believe they did) they would know that you have two characters from your previous game to bring back. And if they don't understand that fans will be pissed off if they decide to simply kill them then they don't deserve to build another game and LA should then go looking for another Developer good enough to bring back the previous two PC's.

Why build a new character in Kotor II (the Exile) when you could simply take your good old character Revan for Kotor II. Sure, they made Revan go away to the Unknown Regions and he/she could choose to be DS or LS but they could have made an import character thing right?

I tend to think Obsidian was planning ahead. I reckon they'll bring back Revan and the Exile in K3, I reckon we will be able to choose their genders, alignments, etc but regardless, they will be DS with their masks on in K3, this is what the storyline of KOTOR II suggests to me, there's more to the story than Revan not wanting to endanger his/her companions.

I'm going to assume that Revan knew the Republic/Jedi or the Sith were in no position to defeat the 'True Sith' and I reckon he/she developed a master plan to start a civil war amongst the 'True Sith' and weaken then, it is the only way they could be 'beatable' so I reckon sacrificing himself/herself to the DS (LS Revan) or just being DS (DS Revan) was part of the plan to start a civil war and I think Revan went alone not just because he/she didn't want to endanger his/her former companions, but because he/she didn't want anyone interfering in his/her plans.

In K3, this is what we have to know about the 'True Sith'...

A) Who they are

B) What their plans/motives are

C) How long have they existed for

D) Their role/actions (if any) during the Mandalorian Wars/Jedi Civil War/Shadow War

E) How many people know about the True Sith Empire

F) Their links to the Mandalorians (cut-content tells me that Canderous (Mandalore) told Visas that it was never the Mandalorians choice to go to war, that they were tricked, deceived by a lie. In K1 Canderous said that 'The Sith came to us with an offer. To fight against a worthy foe in a battle that would never be forgotten.' I think the True Sith's link to the Mandalorians needs to be elaborated on more...

G) Why they didn't attack the Jedi/Republic while they were weak during the Jedi Civil War/Shadow War

H) What Revan discovered in the outer-rim/unknown regions and when he/she discovered this, where did Revan go? Does he/she have any link or association with the True Sith? I think Revan should, otherwise the 'True Sith' would just attack and probably kill Revan and Revan needs allies in the unknown regions to recruit in his/her civil-war against the 'True Sith'...

When I have the time, I think I will work on my backstory and post it on these forums and then I can see what you guys think of it, I probably won't do this for some time though...

Edited by The Architect

We know TS's motives. They are

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

But regardless, Obsidian, IF you develop K3, make sure you carefully take these type of things that need to be explained or covered into consideration before you make up your story.

I don't think people will have complaints with K3's story (OE has an amazing writing team) and I'm sure they will factor in all the various permutations into K3. My only concern is BUGS!

go with me on this, im partially brainstorming...

What if the opening sequence was that u c both revan and exile wherever the new sith are, fighting the sith as LS, and becoming surrounded. It switches to a holocron, and you are only a little kid. Your parents tell you a story about both the exile and revan, while you "correct them" (this chooses the elighnments, genders, party members, and such). This is a bedtime story, and as you sleep your parents are killed by a sith assassin. you never see ur parents faces up until this point, and they are either Mira and Disiple, Visas and Disiple, or Handmaiden and Atton (depending on whether exile was male or female, LS or DS). U learn that ur parents were jedi and the first jedi couple because exile taught them that u could indeed love as 1. Your 2 droids, HK-47 and T3-M4, explain the situation to u, and unlock all the jedi/sith holos they can find, and u "teach" urself to use the force. finally, HK gives u a lightsaber of ur own, and u set off to find ur parents killers and find revan and exile. You find neary all of the old companions of KOTOR l and ll, each giving u more info on their whereabouts. You can be LS or DS, and in the end u meet up with them 2 either:

A: kill both (DS) and rule the sith

B: ally w/ both and kill sith

C: kill the evil 1, either revan or exile

or

D: do part B, but at the last moment, revan and exile are killed in some really cool way and u have 2 fight 1 last massive battle against the entire sith empire on your own (ULTAMITE!!!)

What do u think???

i think it is also important to look at the function/roles each of the main characters played and what they then bring to the future. Just as companions are important to the protagonist for how the protagonist changes and grows because of their influence, so it could be looked at what Revan and Exile bring to the galaxy. Revan is said to be the heart of the Force, and Exile to be the death of the Force. That yin-yang aspect of their function would suggest creating a balance. So if the story that remains to be told is about the role the 2 main protagonists have, than it would make sense to pursue that story. And you're right, it shouldn't be difficult to bring them back. Revan is the catalyst of this whole story, so unless Revan passes that mantle onto someone else, Revan has to go on with what s/he is doing. Exile's addition then would either compliment or contrast Revan's doings.

We know TS's motives. They are

Guest The Architect
go with me on this, im partially brainstorming...

What if the opening sequence was that u c both revan and exile wherever the new sith are, fighting the sith as LS, and becoming surrounded. It switches to a holocron, and you are only a little kid. Your parents tell you a story about both the exile and revan, while you "correct them" (this chooses the elighnments, genders, party members, and such). This is a bedtime story, and as you sleep your parents are killed by a sith assassin. you never see ur parents faces up until this point, and they are either Mira and Disiple, Visas and Disiple, or Handmaiden and Atton (depending on whether exile was male or female, LS or DS). U learn that ur parents were jedi and the first jedi couple because exile taught them that u could indeed love as 1. Your 2 droids, HK-47 and T3-M4, explain the situation to u, and unlock all the jedi/sith holos they can find, and u "teach" urself to use the force. finally, HK gives u a lightsaber of ur own, and u set off to find ur parents killers and find revan and exile. You find neary all of the old companions of KOTOR l and ll, each giving u more info on their whereabouts. You can be LS or DS, and in the end u meet up with them 2 either:

A: kill both (DS) and rule the sith

B: ally w/ both and kill sith

C: kill the evil 1, either revan or exile

or

D: do part B, but at the last moment, revan and exile are killed in some really cool way and u have 2 fight 1 last massive battle against the entire sith empire on your own (ULTAMITE!!!)

What do u think???

First of all, I don't think Revan and the Exile would be single-handedly fighting the 'True Sith', I mean come on! Two against, well I don't know, lets assume there is at LEAST one hundred 'True Sith', it just doesn't add up.

Revan isn't stupid, he/she knows that he/she can't single handedly take on the 'True Sith' by himself/herself and Revan knew the Republic/Jedi or his/her Sith Armada were not strong enough to take on the 'True Sith' at the time he/she departed into the unknown regions so Revan had to weaken them to make them beatable and the only way I think Revan could of done this was to start a civil war amongst the leaders of the 'True Sith' but the only way for Revan's plan to work is if he/she turns to the DS (if your Revan was LS) or your already DS (if your Revan was DS).

But enough of my views, I won't elaborate any more on my ideas, I'll save that for another time, this is about commenting on your idea, so...

Look, the idea of Mira/Disciple, Visas/Disciple or Handmaiden/Atton being your parents IMO is quite ridiclious because Mira, Disciple, Visas, Atton and the Handmaiden can all be romantic interests for the Exile, not the couples that you suggest because it just doesn't add up or make sense, it's a what the?

Also, why would the child (your main character) correct your parents who should know about Revan and the Exile's genders and alignments when the child shouldn't have a clue who they are? And even though you don't see your parents faces, who is talking to you during the scenario where you correct your parents?

Remember, you said your parents would be determined by the Exile's gender/alignment and that you don't see your parents faces but if your parents are telling you the story about Revan and the Exile then they have already been determined, do you know what I mean?

By the way, Mira/Disciple, Visas/Disciple or Handmaiden/Atton are not the 'first' Jedi couple ever, also, what if your Exile was DS? You said that a LS Exile told his/her 'Jedi' companions that they were allowed to love, but what about the Sith's views on love? I thought that the Sith fight against each other and don't beleive in love either, so what happens there?

Also, it's kind of weak how your parents who are fully trained, powerful Jedi/Dark Jedi and all of a sudden they are killed by just one Sith Assassin? Is this assassin some uber-powerful Dark Lord? Who is the assassin?

Also, how does a child teach himself/herself how to use the force? I know the child learns from holocrons, etc, but even the likes of Anakin Skywalker and Palpatine needed at least one 'Master' to teach them how to use the force, is a Master going to find you and train you? What's the story there?

And how the hell do HK-47 and T3-M4 end up being in your possession? Why, are they your droids all of a sudden? Also, you say that you'll meet most of Revan and the Exile's former companions from K1 and K2 and they tell you info about their whereabouts but this is the thing, how do they know where they are? If they know where they are, why haven't any of them gone to help or find out what has happened to their old-allies or what exactly is happening in the unknown regions?

Also I don't think option 'D' is a good idea, yeah, taking on the whole 'True Sith' Empire by yourself is a good idea, aha, that's really smart isn't it? I don't mean to come off as offensive, I'm just giving you my honest opinions and I'm trying to offer you constructive criticism that might help you improve your story.

On the positive side I like the fact that you go a NEW main character and that you can choose Revan and the Exile's genders and alignments, those two things are a DEFINITE MUST with K3 and it's good to see that you seem to recognize that.

Edited by The Architect

I thought of all that and typed it up late at night, tired. and its just brainstorming. :"> maybe we could construct a "K3 brainstorm" section and when we get enough "info" on the game, someone send it all 2 obsidian as a jumpstart????? o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)

I thought of all that and typed it up late at night, tired. and its just brainstorming. :"> maybe we could construct a "K3 brainstorm" section and when we get enough "info" on the game, someone send it all 2 obsidian as a jumpstart?????  o:)  o:)  o:)  o:)  o:)

There is allready a tread like that: Here. Sending it to obsidian however: you could click the contact button and they will write this:

*Please note: Regarding game and story submissions: We have a strict company policy explicitly forbidding us from accepting or even reading unsolicited material. We will not accept or even read unsolicited proposals, ideas, stories, or projects sent to us through any means.

Seems they don't want any help from us. Bad thing I know but if they would allow it they will get spammed by fans with a 100 e-mails a day perhaps.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect
I thought of all that and typed it up late at night, tired. and its just brainstorming. :"> maybe we could construct a "K3 brainstorm" section and when we get enough "info" on the game, someone send it all 2 obsidian as a jumpstart?????  ;)  :)  :)  :p  o:)

I think part of the problem of developing a story for K3 is not just the '16' possible gender/alignment combo's of Revan and the Exile but the fact that we don't know enough about Revan to really work on a convincing backstory that ties in those questions that need to be answered so this 'True Sith' plot works.

It would help if I knew everything about Revan such as...

Where was he/she born? (if it was Deralia, where is Deralia, what is known about it)

What ties or associations does Revan have with the 'True Sith'?

How is Revan planning to stop the 'True Sith' by himself/herself? Yeah, I know the Exile will join Revan and help him/her in the unknown regions but that's only two people (although I think the 'civil war' amongst the 'True Sith' (Jediphile's idea) is a good, plausible idea)

When did Revan find out about the 'True Sith' and who else knows about it besides Revan?

Has Revan met or confronted the 'True Sith' before?

Why didn't the 'True Sith' attack the Republic/Jedi after the Jedi Civil War if there intention is to destroy them? Once again though, I think Jediphile's idea is a good reason as to why the 'True Sith' haven't attacked them yet...

We need to know almost everything about Revan's past IMO, we need his/her character to be explored even deeper IMO, we need a good, solid backstory that makes this 'True Sith' plot workable before KOTOR III is even thought of.

Where was he/she born? (if it was Deralia, where is Deralia, what is known about it)

What ties or associations does Revan have with the 'True Sith'?

Kreia: "Some said that Revan was born in the Outer Regions, beyond the Rim, and that's what called to him during the Mandalorian Wars... and after.It was the call of home."

I'm not sure if this points to a prior connection between Revan and the true Sith, but it is a possibility. I wouldn't like that myself, though, since it would suggest Revan did all those things just because of some tie to the true Sith and not as a consequence of choice. Besides, if Revan were true Sith, then he should have some sith blood in him, and there is nothing to suggest that Revan was ever anything but human IMHO.

We need to know almost everything about Revan's past IMO, we need his/her character to be explored even deeper IMO, we need a good, solid backstory that makes this 'True Sith' plot workable before KOTOR III is even thought of.

Do we? I actually think we know enough about Revan to warrant his involvement already...

Do we? I actually think we know enough about Revan to warrant his involvement already...

i concur. While learning things about Revan's origins would be interesting, i don't see it as necessary for plot integrity. i think it is one of those things that would be better left unknown, and with the brain damage done to Revan, it fits nicely with those parts of Revan remaining mysterious.

However, how Revan found out about the true Sith, what that thing is that Revan started and is now trying to stop, that stuff, does need to be explained.

Guest The Architect

I suppose I used the wrong terminology in this case, I suppose we don't need to know heaps about Revan's past, etc, however, like I've said, I think it needs to be clear how and when Revan found out about the 'True Sith' and how Revan plans to stop them, although I think the 'civil war' idea is a good one, in other words, your idea Jediphile, it makes the most sense and explains a lot of things such as why Revan goes into the unknown regions alone, why he/she has been gone all this time and why the 'True Sith' haven't yet attacked the Republic/Jedi.

Edited by The Architect