Revan's fate...

Guest The Architect

What do you think has happened to Revan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened to Revan?

• Revan is dead, he/she has been killed by the 'True Sith...
    • Revan has been captured by the 'True Sith'...
    • Revan still has not discovered the 'True Sith' and is still looking for clues concerning there whereabouts...
    • Revan's ship was attacked in the unknown regions causing his/her ship to crashland on an unknown planet in the unknown regions, resulting in Revan being stuck/stranded in the unknown regions...
    • Revan is single handedly trying to destroy the 'True Sith' for his/her own reasons either battling them face to face or sort of as an assassin, picking as many of them off as possible whilst remaining undetected...
    • Revan has discovered the 'True Sith' and is simply spying on them and trying to obtain information concerning what there plans are, etc...
    • If you set Revan as LS in KOTOR III perhaps Revan fell to the DS once again and has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • If you set Revan as DS n KOTOR III perhaps Revan has started a civil war between the 'True Sith', gathering his/her own followers in an attempt to become the Dark Lord of the True Sith and overthrow the current Dark Lord
    • None of the above. If you have any other suggestions, please clarify,

Guest The Architect

Don't people understand that having Revan and/or the Exile as the main playable character/s in K3 only creates more problems than it does solutions? Think people...

I've got four words regarding K3...

NEW MAIN CHARACTER PLEASE!

Do you folks think that the problem of Revan and the Exile being too powerful is the only problem? There is a lot more to it than that so please don't tell me people think that the 'too powerful' issue is the only issue, you've got to be kidding?

Edited by The Architect

Don't people understand that having Revan and/or the Exile as the main playable character/s in K3 only creates more problems than it does solutions? Think people...

i wonder about that. i think perhaps in one way it could solve alot of problems. Then they wouldn't have to be made a specific way that inevitably will tick people off. My notion of Revan and Exile, i am certain, is quite different from yours. i was not well pleased when i found out either LS Revan just picked-up and left without warning. To me, that was not something my Revans would do. Leave, certainly, but it is the without warning part that irks me. But that is what was decided on for the plot of KotOR II. i think more difficulties lie in "forcing" Exile and/or Revan to have dev-set personalities.

I've got four words regarding K3...

NEW MAIN CHARACTER PLEASE!

Do you folks think that the problem of Revan and the Exile being too powerful is the only problem? There is a lot more to it than that so please don't tell me people think that the 'too powerful' issue is the only issue, you've got to be kidding?

i, as a player, have a vested interest in both KotORs casts. i want them to play a part in the next part of the story, even the characters i am less fond of. Having to get to know another main character and then all the companions that new person meets along the way can cause problems of their own. As others have pointed out before, Revan went from a main character to a behind the scenes plot device. That is similar to, say, dumping SW A New Hope's cast for new ones in The Empire Strikes Back but still leaving in Leia, Luke, Han, and Chewbacca as eluded to plot devices and cameos rather than being the main cast. As it stands, there is a good plot already laid out for III, and the people from the first 2 are the ones who are central to that plot.

Too powerful is relative to 2 things; the enemies one battles and the difficulty for people to learn and be able to use the character well. It would be a nightmare for a new player, even for many veteran players, to start off with so many levels. First, just leveling your character up to whatever level would be difficult. Second, without the familiarity of what those stats/powers/skills/etc do, the whole notion becomes a big mess. But why can't the player character be Exile and/or Revan? i am absolutely certain Carth would have been much higher level than 4th upon his and Revan meeting, he would have had much better hand-to-hand combat abilities, and all that. Same goes for Jolee. How could Jolee be lower level than Revan? That is absurd. And that is a game. Who really cares what level Exile/Revan are? Some reason could easily be come-up with why they are low level ie: oh no! This planet i landed on slowly drains the Force from me. Whatever shall i do? ... All i'm saying is the game could have Revan and/or Exile be the player character(s). Doesn't mean it has to though.

It would for certain not be my choice to build a story in which I would play as Revan again. Or as the Exile for that matter. Being ultra powerful is off course problem no. 1 problem. Secondly, Obsidian made the idea that Revan is "the heart of the force" while the Exile is "the Death of the Force". At least, thats what Kreia tells the Exile and IMO it would be a shame if they tell you in Kotor III that's not true.

So, apart from simply fighting the True Sith I think we need to finish the paths of Revan and the Exile and playing as either "the Heart of the Force" or "the Death of the Force" would be quiet some problem.

Not to mention the fact that you made some decisions in Kotor I and II, your alignment being one of the most important factors.

Would someone want to start as a DS Revan and do a lot of LS acts to get LS Mastery near the end of Kotor III?

Strange......

Master Vandar lives!

for me, Let Revan be torture by the True Sith to the point he is a lvl 1 again.

plotwise, let First 5-10 hours explain what happens in the 1 first two games while the torture is going on.

basicly thru visions of Malak and Kreia explaining the past two games and slapping.

as for variables within the two game, there will be a questionaire.

With that Questionaire, the information you plug in will effect the scenes within the game.

Like if Revan ls and Mira spares Haharr, How would Big Z and Haharr treat each other.

For a greater chance of Big Z if Revan is living.

If Mira spares Haharr, there is a good chance that Haharr will make it off M5.

IF Revan is DS, there is a good chance that Big Z is dead. If Mira doesn't spare Haharr, the scenes with Haharr and Big Z will not happen.

The core story will be Revan, Nihilus, Seviole(new character), and Exile as playable character and Revan and Exile as PC.

I will rather wait for awhile for Kotor 3 to be good.

for me, Let Revan be torture by the True Sith to the point he is a lvl 1 again.

plotwise, let First 5-10 hours explain what happens in the 1 first two games while the torture is going on.

basicly thru visions of Malak and Kreia  explaining the past two games and slapping.

as for variables within the two game, there will be a questionaire.

With that Questionaire, the information you plug in will effect the scenes within the game.

Like if Revan ls and Mira spares Haharr, How would Big Z and Haharr treat each other.

For a greater chance of Big Z if Revan is living.

If Mira spares Haharr, there is a good chance that Haharr will make it off M5.

IF Revan is DS, there is a good chance that Big Z is dead. If Mira doesn't spare Haharr, the scenes with Haharr and Big Z will not happen.

The core story will be Revan, Nihilus, Seviole(new character), and Exile as playable character and Revan and Exile as PC.

I will rather wait for awhile for Kotor 3 to be good.

That's talking about an Impossible and unoriginal story! BOEH!

Master Vandar lives!

The problem with your story is that it makes my accomplishments worthless. All so you can play a character called Revan , which is not the same one you were playing anyway.

I like the Exile more, simple reason because I got more say in the creation process and didnt suddenly have my character hijacked. But I'm happy to sacrifice for the good of the franchise.

By reducing the characters to level 1, it's not different than just sewing up events as a background story. You have already removed the character from my control anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

my story is in rough draft mode.

in my story, it allows the use of Revan and Exile while completing their stories.

Not really. It allows you to use characters with those names. But they wouldnt be the same characters that I nurtured through two KOTORs.

Revan is now clearly an NPC. Whatever you did in KOTOR dosnt mean anything.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well Just say, How setting Revan within my story as the MAIN PC.

For the main story will be told from his eyes in much the same way as it was told in Kotor 1.

But thats not how it was told in KOTOR. For much of KOTOR you were supposed to be clueless to your identity. By having amnesia it gave you a blank slate to work with.

After KOTOR Revan got his memory back and disapeared. Nothing you did in KOTOR made any difference. You could say that when he recovered his memory your character ceased to exist.

More amnesia would just be lame.

478327[/snapback]

Not really. It allows you to use characters with those names. But they wouldnt be the same characters that I nurtured through two KOTORs.

Revan is now clearly an NPC. Whatever you did in KOTOR dosnt mean anything.

That is why i wonder if having Revan and Exile as NPCs would be worse. Then the player has no input whatsoever with their behaviour and they then can no longer be the player's anymore, they then are the devs characters. i really don't want that. It makes everything accomplished in the first 2 pointless.

Edited by Hekate

it is better to have them not show up than to have them NPCs.

my goal of my story is to have them to be dualing PCs while keeping it true to characters creations.

Having legitimate reasons to have them to return as lvl 1 character without the amnesia while having them familar to kotor veterans is the key.

Revan would be tortured by the True Sith.

Revan would meet the Exile at Korriban later in the game/story.

Exile will have everything you plug in for him in character creation including alignment and history.

In Character Creation for Revan and Exile, it will have name, appearance, Attruibites, Feats, Force Powers, skills, history and alignment.

With Character Team selection, There will be a special spot for both Revan and Exile share called The PC box.

This will allow for a multi team missions similar to the Dxun/Onderon Battle.

In my story, Hk-47 and T3-M4 will play a major role in the battles.

I will organize my ideas even more. So having a two useable PCs will be more interesting.

That is why i wonder if having Revan and Exile as NPCs would be worse. Then the player has no input whatsoever with their behaviour and they then can no longer be the player's anymore, they then are the devs characters. i really don't want that. It makes everything accomplished in the first 2 pointless.

Well Revan is already an NPC to my mind. Mine ceased to exist when he got his memory back.

The difficulty of having both KOTOR II endings work for the Exile is enough to make the idea less than appealing too. You can't very well be the leader of the new Sith and the new Jedi at the same time without two entirely seperate storylines.

478327[/snapback]

Well Revan is already an NPC to my mind. Mine ceased to exist when he got his memory back.

While i do understand that feeling of Revan no longer being mine once s/he regained some of her/his memories (i felt that way when we were informed Revan left Bastila/Carth without an explination), i felt the experiences Revan underwent during KotOR would remain a part of her/him even after regaining those memories, which would keep her/him grounded in what/who Revan is now. Perhaps i should say especially after regaining those memories because Revan grew as a person under the player's tutelage and what Revan became, how s/he changed is what Revan is now. The memories add a layer of complexity, and perhaps insanity even :p , but i would think Revan wouldn't become something else just because of the memories, unless s/he wanted to.

The difficulty of having both KOTOR II endings work for the Exile is enough to make the idea less than appealing too. You can't very well be the leader of the new Sith and the new Jedi at the same time without two entirely seperate storylines.

Do you mean if they carry the Exile/Revan plot on into III?

Well IF you like humor and the interaction of what would happen if the Sith(revan's sith, exar's sith, and kreia's sith) and the remaining jedi joined forces.

many of my ideas are trying to make Revan and The Exile more of YOUR PCs than some devs characters.

While i do understand that feeling of Revan no longer being mine once s/he regained some of her/his memories (i felt that way when we were informed Revan left Bastila/Carth without an explination), i felt the experiences Revan underwent during KotOR would remain a part of her/him even after regaining those memories, which would keep her/him grounded in what/who Revan is now. Perhaps i should say especially after regaining those memories because Revan grew as a person under the player's tutelage and what Revan became, how s/he changed is what Revan is now. The memories add a layer of complexity, and perhaps insanity even  :shifty: , but i would think Revan wouldn't become something else just because of the memories, unless s/he wanted to. 

Well the character will still know things that the player wont and thats tough to pull off without reams of background information. Thats why they use amnesia. It makes the player and the character equally clueless.

Yes.

478327[/snapback]

Many moons ago I wrote a story for KOTOR III.

It went something like this (because I'm not rewriting it and can't find it).

The Exile goes into Sith space and confronts a DS Revan. The two fight almost to the death. But during the battle make a connection.

In other words in the heat of battle they get hot for each other :shifty: (yes it demands one or the other be male or female).

Joining forces they soon realise that they can't take on the Sith. Because the neither can resist the corruption. One or the other also finds out that she is pregnant.

They are discovered by the Sith and the one who isnt female sacrifices their life to buy time for the other to flee.

The other flees to known space. Shortly after giving birth they are tracked down and their ship crashlands on an unknown planet. The character tries to fight off the Sith, then an unknown Jedi appears and with his/her help manages to wipe them out. But is too wounded to survive. Handing the baby to the jedi and whispering the word scion , she expires.

The baby is your new character. Fast forward until the character is at a playable age. Or preferably have a training sequence with the character gradually getting older.

That way you get to play both Revan and the Exile in one package :D

Oh I wrote the ending too. After the plot is tied up.

LS camera cuts to the character on Coruscant overseeing the construction of two statues. As the camera pulls away you can see they are statues of Revan and the Exile.

DS camera cuts to Korriban where the character walks to the tombs flanked by several Sith. They look up at the statue of Revan before blasting it to peices with lightning and walking away.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

Well IF you like humor and the interaction of what would happen if the Sith(revan's sith, exar's sith, and kreia's sith) and the remaining jedi joined forces.

many of my ideas are trying to make Revan and The Exile more of YOUR PCs than some devs characters.

Sounds interesitng, especially since you're taking it in a different direction than where other people are taking theirs. When will we get to read it?

Well the character will still know things that the player wont and thats tough to pull off without reams of background information. Thats why they use amnesia. It makes the player and the character equally clueless.

Yup. But i thought in the case of Revan they would have to explain why s/he left without warning, where s/he went, and what's been going on for the last 4 years, which is the plot of III anyway, so it should be manageable. They could do that in a plot neutral enough way (stop what s/he started as suggested in II, etc) with differences in motivation based on LS/DS. They could even have the player actively choose some of Revan's decissions/actions if it was necessary, or they could take it from the point of Revan about to do something and after the fill in, take it from there. i kinda see it more as having a good and solid character the player already helped shape in KotOR, and III goes on with the tale. It is also possible III's timeline could start before II and start at the point where the first left off and catch-up to II, then merge it all and go on with the narrative from there. Seems reasonable enough, i think... But i do see how difficulties would arise.

Yes.

Yeah. You're absolutely right about that. There are alot of potential difficulties with II carrying in into III. There are ways to go about it where that particular bit of nastiness gets solved by taking it out of the equation entirely. For example Exile lost her/his Force connection with Kreia's death 'cause Exile never re-established that connection in the first place, or Exile decided to go back into exile and not deal with any of it leaving the surviving party members to stumble along alone without Exile's influence, and if DS, they probably don't have it together enough without Exile to get the Sith organized anyway, dito for LS with Jedi, therefore leaving no issue to deal with. But they did put themselves into a bit of a potential pickle with that. Unless they neutralize it by saying both the Sith and Jedi will reorganize redardless of what the outcome of II is. That still leaves the mess of Exile and company to sort out though. The only way to easily fix that is if they effectively eliminate Exile from the equation, and that would anger/annoy alot of people.

The Exile goes into Sith space and confronts a DS Revan. The two fight almost to the death. But during the battle make a connection.

In other words in the heat of battle they get hot for each other :lol:  (yes it demands one or the other be male or female).

Joining forces they soon realise that they can't take on the Sith. Because the neither can resist the corruption. One or the other also finds out that she is pregnant.

They are discovered by the Sith and the one who isnt female sacrifices their life to buy time for the other to flee.

The other flees to known space. Shortly after giving birth they are tracked down and their ship crashlands on an unknown planet. The character tries to fight off the Sith, then an unknown Jedi appears and with his/her help manages to wipe them out. But is too wounded to survive. Handing the baby to the jedi and whispering the word scion , she expires.

The baby is your new character. Fast forward until the character is at a playable age. Or preferably have a training sequence with the character gradually getting older.

LS camera cuts to the character on Coruscant overseeing the construction of two statues. As the camera pulls away you can see they are statues of Revan and the Exile.

DS camera cuts to Korriban where the character walks to the tombs flanked by several Sith. They look up at the statue of Revan before blasting it to peices with lightning and walking away.

:lol: Fantastic! And with a nice little sadistic bent to it :thumbsup:

:lol:  Fantastic! And with a nice little sadistic bent to it  :thumbsup:

Well it gets both previous characters out of the way but still makes them important as the parents of the new character. It also acknowledges their importance at the end of the game. More so in the LS ending , but I thought it was a nice touch.

Another advantage is everyone probably wants to know whats been going on (as a player) and the characters story is planned around exactly that uncovering why his or her parents were killed and why they were there in the first place. So the story is as much about self discovery and coming to terms with this heritage (and the factions that want to take advantage of it) as much as it about defeating some bad guy.

The character is also immune to the sort of malachor corruption effect (which would be hugely magnified at the heart of the Sith empire if you think about it).

But they have inherited a variation on the force bond which protects them and the people they come in contact with. You can still go DS , but it will be on your terms :lol:

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

Guest The Architect

In other words in the heat of battle they get hot for each other :shifty:  (yes it demands one or the other be male or female).

I understand why killing Revan and the Exile off makes things easier for the devs of K3 but there is a way to have both Revan and the Exile back in K3. We should be able to select the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile in K3 but IMO they should both be DS 'DURING' K3 even if your Revan and Exile were LS, just so long as the explanation as to why they are both DS no matter what is beleivable. Go here 'http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=41146' and read Jediphile's idea of what Revan has been doing in the unknown regions because if you ask me, I think he's right.

But anyway besides the whole storyline from K2 that IMO suggests to me that Revan and the Exile are gonna be DS 'during' K3, it makes things easier for the devs, because they don't have to worry about appearences, Revan would have his/her mask on and the Exile would have the mask of Darth Nihilus on.

You see' ShadowPaladin V1.0', it's smart how you got Revan and the Exile out of the way but the bottom line is it cannot work simply because Revan and the Exile CAN be both male and also it's a bit anti-climatic, unfair and lazy to kill them off like that.

Edited by The Architect

But anyway besides the whole storyline from K2  that IMO suggests to me that Revan and the Exile are gonna be DS 'during' K3, it makes things easier for the devs, because they don't have to worry about appearences, Revan would have his/her mask on and the Exile would have the mask of Darth Nihilus on.

I don't really think making an appearance is so complicated. In kotor II, we have quiet a few "exile lookalikes", and when you select one of their faces at the start, the faces which are similar just change to another so I think it is quiet easy to select a face at the start and that's it. Your Revan, Your Exile. It becomes more difficult to have voices for these characters (select an Asian guy who then speaks with an American accent?).

Selecting a face? shouldn't be a problem. A voice for Revan / Exile? That's a little tougher.

Master Vandar lives!

I don't really think making an appearance is so complicated. In kotor II, we have quiet a few "exile lookalikes", and when you select one of their faces at the start, the faces which are similar just change to another so I think it is quiet easy to select a face at the start and that's it. Your Revan, Your Exile. It becomes more difficult to have voices for these characters (select an Asian guy who then speaks with an American accent?).

Selecting a face? shouldn't be a problem. A voice for Revan / Exile? That's a little tougher.

As far as the voices go, didn't KotOR have voices for Revan with their aknowledgement monologues ie: mine set & ready ? They could just use the same voice actors. The difficulty i see with putting a voice to them though is how hearing Revan would be strange for the player. Revan's tone, whether s/he was being sarcastic or not, all that stuff was up to the player. With it being voiced, it would be strange. Not that it shouldn't be done, just they would have to do a good job.

And yeah, other than a few technical issues, it really wouldn't be that difficult to bring 'em back.