Pre-E3 Bioware interview

Llyranor

http://www.firingsquad.com/games/bioware_pre_e3_interview/

We also have an unannounced surprise or two in the works which we will also be sharing at E3 2006, in addition to showing Mass Effect there.

As usual, info on Dragon Age amounts to one sentence that doesn't actually say anything.

\o/

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Bah, could be a Chuck Norris-RPG for all that i care. You play as Chuck and the RPG-elements are: Fighter, Master, Grand Master and Chuck Norris. The main character(Chuck) will be special with a destiny to save the world, but you have to achieve the ultimate roundhouse-kick on the way.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bah, could be a Chuck Norris-RPG for all that i care. You play as Chuck and the RPG-elements are: Fighter, Master, Grand Master and Chuck Norris. The main character(Chuck) will be special with a destiny to save the world, but you have to achieve the ultimate roundhouse-kick on the way.

Seems like I heard this story before.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Are they even still bothering with Dragon Age?  It seems to me that Mass Effect is farther along in its development than Dragon Age and DA was announced first.

Better middleware can speed up development, and the Unreal Engine 3 is a fantastic engine to work with.

Dragon Age may be a little ambitious as well, so it could very well take longer, or perhaps the team working on it isn't as "quick" as the Mass Effect team (the KOTOR team).

That's dumb talk. DA is going along fine. It having a longer dev cycle than ME is more likely to do with it having a greaternumber of stuff to do. Afterall, ME is a pure SP game while ME comes with a total package ala NWN and even throws in TWO official campaigns - one for SP and one for MP.

On top of this, BIO isn't Interplay... they don't have a habit of canceling projects so until they start let's not worry too much.

BIO has been clear that that DA is their most ambitious project to date.

I do like the fact that this interview should (but won't) shut up those who keep singing about how ME is a shooter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Morons that they are!

LONG LIVE BIO! KING OF RPGS!

P.S. Once again, LOTS of information has been released by BIO on DA. You have to be BLIND not to see it. Definitely more than there has been for ME. :p

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Really, like what Volourn? I haven't seen any information about Dragon Age on the usual game sites? So where is this third party fountain of information that has so much on Dragon Age? If you say the Bioware forums then that is a source of misinformation. Developers lie and hype so it is unreliable.

Last news Gamespy had was from 2004, same with IGN.

Gamespot's, except for the ME article with a very small mentioning of DA, last DA article was also 2004.

A lot of the sites still have the screenshots released years ago.

So where is this information, Volourn, or are you giving Bioware your blind trust?

Edited by Judge Hades

Pay attention.

BIO forums, RPG Dot, and the list goes on.

We have LOTS of information about DA, and YOU should try proving that it's all lies what BIO has said about DA.

Information given from the DEVELOPERS (on their baords or elsewhere) is the MOST RELAIBLE information. It's silly, and delusional to think otherwise.

Sure. ME has its fair share of 'articles'; but they're all repetively stating the same thing.

If I had 'blind faith' in BIO; I would have bought ALL THEIR GAMES which I haven't.

Go figure.

Edited by Volourn

Bioware lies and over hypes about all their games. Bioware games tend to be more often on the good side than bad but they aren't God's gift to gaming even though they think they are. I don't trust a word what a Bioware developer says. Also it seems that RPG Dot is just spewing the same information off the forums and nothing of substance. I don't take the word of a Biowarian as credible.

Edited by Judge Hades

As usual, info on Dragon Age amounts to one sentence that doesn't actually say anything.

Well, I think we can presume from that that we won't be seeing DA until well after Mass Effect - although I hope to see DA well before their MMPORPG is released.

Judging from the steady stream of developer posts on the DA forums it seems like work on DA is still pottering away, although I very much doubt it will be a 2006 release.

"It seems to matter for Volourn."

It seems I'm not the only one it actually 'matters' to.

How many posts is that for you in this thread about it?

Hahhaa!!

"He obviously thinks they can't do no wrong."

Thanks. :(

Remember, hwoever, you are as big a fanbouy if not bigger fnaboy than me. You complain, and complain yet you'll buy every game they release.. heck, you bought a x-box just for JE... an action RPG of all things. LOL

LOLOLOLLIPOP

Edited by Volourn