Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

The last movie I watched was Shattered Glass; starring Anakin Skywalker Hayden Christensen, Hank Azaria, Chloe Sevigny and some others I can't recall right away. (Funny, Sevigny was the only name I spelled right on the first try.) It's about Stephen Glass(Christensen), a rising journalist for the New Republic, and how most of his printed articles were fabrications.

I would liked Slevin more without the twist.

I think I would have preferred the less happy ending as well, but I find I often prefer the less happy ending. I would have really liked Click ( :o ) if it had the unhappy ending as well. But I knew it wasn't going to.

It did lead to a funny moment (Slevin's ending).

"I'm a world class assassin ****head" ;)

Saving Private Ryan.

I need to boost my DVD collection again, it's too small. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I saw Anapolis. It was okay, I suppose. Just another movie.

In the theatre recently was a preview for Anapolis, except it was called by a different name and replaced the navy with the coast guard.

I saw Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest. It was terrible.

You would think that sequels with hundred-million dollar budgets could at least procure a HALF-DECENT SCRIPT for Christ's sake...it IS possible to make a Hollywood-friendly Epic with big fights, slapstick comedy and CGI whilst still maintaining a functionable story.

PotC2 just jumped all over the place. Depp got very little opportunity to do ANYTHING with his role as Jack Sparrow...actually, all of the characters were extremely one-dimensional and what little conflict there was in the script had such poor (and at times, random) execution that it didn't feel like conflict at all.

BLAGH. To top it all off the film didn't even end. I will go and see PotC3 as I believe in seeing things through to the end so you can judge them in their entirety, but I am not going to be looking forward to it with high hopes.

The Ninja agrees with you!

^_^

manthing2.jpg

Waiting...

A comedy about the staff at a bar & grill. Pretty funny. Ryan Reynolds coasts through the film with his sleazy, smart-mouthed. a-hole routine but he does it well. Luiz Guzman is awesome as the head chef. He should do more comedy.

This film also reaffirmed my belief that Dane Cook is overrated and crap.

"Keira Knightley is a slightly more mannish version of Orlando Bloom.

:thumbsup:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I enjoyed PotC 2. I have to say, my favorite character was the Commodore. I didn't really think too much about the plot because I was too busy being thrilled by the amazing visuals. Seriously, the movie was gorgeous, and not seeing it on a big screen is a big mistake.

Did you like Ghost Dog? I thought it was pretty ordinary ...

Dude. A black nameless street samurai taking on the mob on the streets of New York while spouting Bushido, talking to his French ami who speaks nothing but the native tongue and passing the mantle to a 8 year old Girl, Pearline, carrying books in her little lunchbox. The direction is flawless, the score is probably the best I've ever heard and, Dear God, it's absolutely hilarious. That scene with the chief mafiosos telling Louie to whack Ghost Dog had me in stitches. The Philosophical mumbo-jumbo is perfectly suited for the flick, black bears, pigeons, honour and fatalism, symbolism abound and parallels to earlier films. And it still manages to leave the viewer, that be me, with the sense of emptiness latent in the Samurai Code. (Much better than that French flick which shall not be named. Ever.)

Plus it's fun and the killings are great. You bet I loved every second of it.