Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Grosse Pointe Blank

It's still awesome. John Cusack is, as usual, great, and his sister is always very funny.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Grosse Pointe Blank

It's still awesome. John Cusack is, as usual, great, and his sister is always very funny.

I love this movie for the music, but you're right, the performances were great as well. I remember Minnie Driver cycling through confusion, horror and grief in the space of a second when her character caught Blank doing his thing - brilliantly acted. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

cars.

it is hilarious. typical children's movie, however, with a moral. and yes, tow-mater actually says "get 'r done" once.

i thought aeon flux was pretty cool, too. the hands as feet thing was definitely stoopid. like, almost annoyingly stoopid.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I believe he's signed for the third one and that the story will once more revolve around him and his merry band of swashbucklers.

Find Me Guilty

Plot Outline: Based on the true story of Jack DiNorscio, a mobster who defended himself in court for what would be the longest mafia trial in U.S. history.

Well, Lumet's a brilliant director and Vin Diesel's charming, and screw this, basically the whole movie's bloody funny. Diesel brings a great human element to it, and while overly theatrical in certain segments, he manages to both look and sound pretty damn authentic to my eyes and ears.

I believe he's signed for the third one and that the story will once more revolve around him and his merry band of swashbucklers.

uh, i thought the third one was already filmed? it is scheduled for release next summer at least. the fourth, however, is in negotiations.

taks

Edited by taks

that makes sense. i haven't read any details just that the 3rd was "in progress" which could mean anything from pre-production to post-production.

taks

The Man Who Would be King

Awesome movie.  Starring mother-****ing Sean Connery and Michael Caine!  The ending is almost Shakespearean too, in the sense that it's as ironic as it is tragic.

That is one of my all-time favorite flicks. Almost a masterpiece

Whadyamean "almost"?

The best thing that could have happened during filming was the model shark's almost-complete technical failure, causing the film to centre on the (very real) personality conflicts between the protagonists, and specifically Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfus ... :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

that makes sense.  i haven't read any details just that the 3rd was "in progress" which could mean anything from pre-production to post-production.

taks

Orlando Bloom said on Regis and Kelly that they had another 3 months of shooting and then post-production for PotC 3.

Jack ain't dead. He's been... delayed.

Keith Richards has signed on to play Jack's daddy in #3.

I watched War of the Worlds this morning. With Tommy.

It's a pretty good and intense movie. Only the ending really sucks. Why can't his son just be fertilizer like everyone else?

Halloween The Curse Of Micheal Myers i still don't understand what happened to Dr.Loomis it says in the producer's cut micheals mark appears on loomis's wrist and that he know controls myers that is why there is a scream at the end :D

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

Halloween The Curse Of Micheal Myers i still don't understand what happened to Dr.Loomis it says in the producer's cut micheals mark appears on loomis's wrist and that he know controls myers that is why there is a scream at the end :D

Please tell me English is your second language, or you are in 3rd grade.

Dodgeball: A True Underdog's Story

"...where we'll separate the weak from the champs, the men from the boys, and the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian."

:)

This movie is pure genius! It's kind of in the same style as Happy Gilmore or The Waterboy. But with cameos from Lance Armstrong, William Shatner, David Hasselhoff and Chuck Norris, it's a cult classic by default.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Quick Jags, what are the 5 D's in Dodgeball?

edit: and I love how the DVD menu is of the young kid getting pelted continously.

Rip Torn (best name in show business) FTW!!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I saw Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest. It was terrible.

You would think that sequels with hundred-million dollar budgets could at least procure a HALF-DECENT SCRIPT for Christ's sake...it IS possible to make a Hollywood-friendly Epic with big fights, slapstick comedy and CGI whilst still maintaining a functionable story.

PotC2 just jumped all over the place. Depp got very little opportunity to do ANYTHING with his role as Jack Sparrow...actually, all of the characters were extremely one-dimensional and what little conflict there was in the script had such poor (and at times, random) execution that it didn't feel like conflict at all.

BLAGH. To top it all off the film didn't even end. I will go and see PotC3 as I believe in seeing things through to the end so you can judge them in their entirety, but I am not going to be looking forward to it with high hopes.

Edited by Eclecticist

"It was terrible."

Hmm, that is the lowest opinion of the movie that I have heard. I designate you as the 1 placeholder in the 1 out of 10 rating.