Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Was fun. I can only imagine the effect of having a generation of kids moving into fantasy, D&D etc. Girls included this time.

Ghost in the Shell

I finally understand what all the hype was about. It's good. Raises a lot of the issues my prev AI threads had. I'm watching the animation series that follows it - it's quite a lot to soak in sometimes.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I saw Ghost in the Shell a while back, and though I thought the ideas were interesting, I'm not sure I was convinced by how they were incorporated into the dialogue in particular. Perhaps something was lost in translation.

I saw Hollywood Homicide on TV at the weekend, a movie about which I'd heard nothing but bad things. I actually quite enjoyed it, though I can understand why someone who'd paid to see it in a cinema might have been disappointed. I think it's more of a lazy afternoon kind of movie.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

meet the ****ers

Do the asterisks mean it's the pr0n version? :-

Edit: meta beat me to it!

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

King Kong

Pretty good. I always hate when they kill him off. Waaaaaaaay to long.

Meh. The movie was good, just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. By the end, I was just praying for Kong to fall off that building. Hell, the plane bullets didn't kill him, it was old age.

Eternal Sunsine of the spotless mind

I was a bit cautious after Truman Show and The Majestic, a really good film though

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

King Kong

Pretty good. I always hate when they kill him off. Waaaaaaaay to long.

Meh. The movie was good, just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. By the end, I was just praying for Kong to fall off that building.

Since you are a devout Christian, let's pretend that you didn't just say that. :-

You heartless 刻薄鬼!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Was fun.  I can only imagine the effect of having a generation of kids moving into fantasy, D&D etc.  Girls included this time.

I liked it all up until Voldemort. He was... underwhelming, to say the least. I never say the least, though, and as such I will reveal that I was hoping for the nurse to come along and take him back to the cancer ward where all the other kids on chemotherapy were resting.

No offense meant to people with or relatives/friends with cancer, but that is seriously the first thought I came up with.

I saw The Brothers Grimm. Not as good as I expected, but still pretty good compared to non-Terry Gilliam movies.

Just watched French Connection for the first time. Man, what a great film. I heard Mr Friedkin used to start every day on set by peeing off Gene Hackman in some novel way, to help with his method. :D

Also just watched Predator for the first time in a long time ... comfort viewing.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT