Half-Life 2

bg_home.jpg

The First New Episode

Half-Life 2 has sold over 4 million copies worldwide, and earned over 35 Game of the Year Awards. Episode One is the first in a series of games that reveal the aftermath of Half-Life 2 and launch a journey beyond City 17.

Read more ...

The Story Continues

In Half-Life, the G-Man made you. In Half-Life 2, he used you to defeat Dr. Breen and start the Resistance. In Episode One, he's lost control.

Read more ...

Media

Alyxhttp://ep1.half-life2.com/img/img_screen1.gif[/img]combinesoldierhttp://ep1.half-life2.com/img/img_screen2.gif[/img]queenanthttp://ep1.half-life2.com/img/img_screen3.gif[/img]combinesoldierhttp://ep1.half-life2.com/img/img_screen4.gif[/img]

Half-Life 2: Episode One features a new single player experience, plus two multiplayer games.

img_video_still.jpg

View Media

bg_info.jpg

Featuring a new single player experience and two multiplayer games, Half-Life 2: Episode One will be made available at retail outlets everywhere and via Steam on June 1, 2006.

However, Episode One may be pre-purchased at retail outlets now and via Steam beginning May 1, 2006. If you pre-purchase your copy via Steam, you

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

http://ep1.half-life2.com/img/screens/screenshot_3.jpg

Heck yeah. :cool:

Here's hoping it's of decent length.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"4-6 hours"

:-

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

"4-6 hrs" of babysitting Alyx <_<

Kinda lame how they wanted to make the most boring character in HL2 become the most important NPC in this one just to please drooling fanboys.

Yeah, I guess Aribeth was a deep character too.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I can bear with babysitting that bottom for one episode, but they could kill her off in the second to make way for Real gameplay.

kirottu said:

I might end up giving this the pass. I'm more interested in seeing how a FPS would play out on the Revolution right now.

No-one is forcing you to download it

(preloading from 1 May from Steam(w00t)),

I can't wait to play the game, personally, as it is a pretty broad gaming experience.

If there was one character that should have died in vanilla, it was Alyx  :geek:

Alyx is okay to have around, I'm not bothered if she lives or dies: I guess that's why VALVe are bringing her back centre stage for Episode 1. She won't be in the focus of Episode 2, however, iirc.

There will be more and different monsters (like the ones we only glimpsed in Half-Life 2).

I thought it was a good selling point that you do not need Half-Life 2 to play the episodes. ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"If I recall correctly" and "for the win"

kirottu said:

Actually.. I think I did kill Alyx in my Half-Life 2. How is it possible for her to be in the sequel? I thought I blew her skinny ass to bits.

4-6 hours.. Wayyy too short for me. Not interested, unless I get a review copy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If a new episode is released every month or two, it'll work out great. But if they release one every 8 months, it's not going to be to great. Expecially if the games are only around 5 hours long. They better release a mod-kit with the game, just so we* don't get to bored.

By "we" I mean you all, I wouldn't waste my money on a 4-6 hour game.

Edited by Krookie