character sketches

I thought it might be nice to have some generic character sketches for when the PCs meet people. Basically, we take our trusty notepads and write descriptions of peopel we see around the place. Others then use the descriptions in their games. How'd that sound?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Might I inquire as to what are these sketches for?

Your post didn't make it clear enough.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Spam relegated to the mulch. Keep it on topic, people (you have your own forum for spam).

I believe the characters are just a tool for forumites to practice their observational and descriptive powers on, and possibly may be used in any PnP games ... rather than GMs having to make them up on the spot, or do lots of work creating interesting characters.

So, for instance, here is one:

Species: domestic cat [Felis catus]

Name: Red Admiral, aka: Rocky, Teddy, Theodore

Habits: likes to eat, sleep and wash. Not in that order. More similar to a dog than a cat, this little fella could very easily be the reincarnated soul of a little baby boy. Affectionate beyond the bounds of self-service, he has an obsessive compulsion to wash himself and test any old or new object in his mouth.

Attacks: Three attack modes.

1. retractable claws
    these can slice through cashmere and bleed an artery in a casual moment.
  2. Purr of sirens
    sometimes as loud as a power drill, this aural weapon can be deployed anytime, and for extended periods;
    it subdues all who fail to save versus dream into a deep sleep.
  3. Little pink tongue of overpowering cuteness
    this tongue, usually deployed in a self-washing posture, can easily be turned on any nearby companion; it is so soft and remarkably smooth (probably worn soft by the constant washing) that it surprises and mollifies those it touches, making them save versus cute or be stunned for several licks.

Habits: known to eat just about anything, from deadly chocolate milk to any food and even inanimate objects, like a sewing needle and thread, he can sometimes gain too much weight, especially when he eats all Furry's food.

Also likes to play tag / hide-and-seek, and is very good at it (even cheating by looking through the ajar door, or under the bed, to see where you are).

Makes up for all bad habits by being a perfect teddy bear. (Like last night, when the temperature dropped below zero, he cuddled up and rested his chin on the bridge of my nose, whilst simultaneously deploying his two major weapons: the purr and the tongue of overwelming cuteness.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Meta had the right idea. I've got three sketches standing by but felt it was rude to kick off with them.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The man tumbled into the seat, his beige ill-fitting clothes collapsing about him like a schooner's rigging. And having done so he sank into silent repose. Large pale eyes drifted across his newspaper from behind albino lashes. Hi spsectacles glistening wetly in the carriage lights. One arm darted out briefly to turn a page then folded back like an umbrella spoke.

-Elwood Blues