My Oblivion Character Thread

On a lighter note, I've decided to end my current game and start over again.

I was never happy with my decisions for my first character. No, it didn't seem to make the game particularly difficult. It was just galling when I discovered how bad a decision it was to use Speechcraft as a primary skill. For that reason, I decided to retire my former character as the Arch-Mage of the mages' guild. I feel good about it. For me, Oblivion is a game about exploration and adventrure. Not finishing the main story arc is unusual for me, but the way I see it, there are many story arcs. For Catherine, the new head of the guild, the main story was making the guild safe. Her work was vital in preserving the security of the empire from a danger nearly as grave as the one posed by the oblivion gates.

So, here's my character build for Deirdre. Feel free to comment, ridicule, mock, scorn, admire, flame me for hating horse, or whatever else springs to mind.

Deirdre uses magic as her primary inclination.

She prizes Intelligence and Willpower.

She was born under the sign of the Mage.

She is a lovely High Elf.

Her primary skills are:

Athletics

Blade

Alchemy

Alteration

Destruction

Restoration

Illusion

I swapped out Mysticism, which I very rarely used. I included Alchemy so I would have something to pump my intelligence. (I know, it's a fast leveler, but so was Speechcraft and that didn't seem to hurt me much)

I swapped out Speechcraft because it was largely unnecessary, especially in the mid to late-game. I included Blade so I could gain a little extra strength and it's always nice to have alternatives to magic in a fight. My former character mowed down everything, but it sometimes required patience. Now I can finish off battles with my blade. I expect to rely on spells as my primary weapon in combat, but I welcome having options.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Still on my first and only char. Here are the stats and stuff... If I would restart Oblivion I would probably change some things but I don't because I don't wish to go through the FaceGen stuff again, nor do the boring start dungeon I hate so much...

Pretty lazy now too, so copied most of Elder's post and edited for my own good :blink:

Uses fighting as his primary inclination.

He prizes Strenght and Endurance.

He was born under the sign of The Fighter.

He is a Vampiric Khajiit.

His primary skills are (Custom Class):

Armorer

Athletics

Blade

Block

Heavy Armor

Alchamy

Speechcraft

And here are 2 screen of my char (altough I *might* have posted them before, ah, whatever);

EDIT; and before Pixies starts "Bestiality!!!!" no... I just like Night Vision and despise making Human Chars beautifull when it is hard messing up Khajiit (and yeah, I do think big cats are amazingly good looking animals, but they don't wind me up... okay!)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Nice screenies. I especially like the armoured version.

Anyhow, I don't play in third person as it's hard to tell when I can click on objects and whatnot. I access inventory and spells a lot, however, and that means looking at my character's face.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nice screenies.  I especially like the armoured version.

Just found out I already posted screens of my char (different ones) here

Am I the only one who thinks the Iron Armor set looks way cooler than the Steel?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I don't know. I've never used anything other than light armor, and I ditched, and will ditch, that when better mage gear comes along.

I really liked the middle screenie where the guard accosts you. hahaha. "your spree is at an end." Comedy.

Obsidian Plays

Steel on the most left, iron on the most right.

Or is it just the eyes that make my char look so much better on the right?

EDIT; note to Metadigital: please convert to *.JPG first!

(+4 and +5 :blink: Never had higher than 3)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Originally, Pixies asked if I played as a girl. I usually do because I'd rather look at a pretty female character. I generally don't play in 3rd person, but I still end up seeing my character.

Okay, thanks for cleaning up the thread, meta. I appreciate it. Lots.

Anyhow, I've gotten a couple 5s and some 4s, but most of my levels give me 2s and 3s for my attributes.

I like the 60 luck, meta. How did you end up with such a high attribute?

Obsidian Plays

Female Darkelf called Vaidra (took me about two hours playing around with the facemaker so shes a looker :D)

I'm going to follow the cut and paste trend.

Uses fighting as her primary inclination.

She prizes Strength and Willpower

She was born under the sign of The Thief.

ShadowKnight (Custom Class):

Primary Skills.

Block

Hand to Hand

Alteration

Mysticism

Light Armour

Sneak

Speechcraft.

Level 7

Str 65

Int 60

Will 55

Agil 50

Spd 60

End 60

Per 40

Lck 60

Primary weapon Silver Longsword (from Arena Grand Champion)

Overkill weapon StormStrike (20 damage fine steel shortsword).

Additional primary powers

The Lady's Warding

The Gates of Actherius

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The Thief sign, perhaps. I started with 60 luck and now it's 63 or something, I sometimes dump that 1 point on it during levelups.

High Elf,

Sign of the Thief,

Willpower / Agility,

Level 19

Major Skills:

-> Alteration

-> Conjuration

-> Destruction

-> Illusion

-> Marksman

-> Sneak

-> Speechcraft

No screenie with character at the moment, I played third person in morrowind but combat is just too crappy in Oblivion on 3rd. Besides, I'm getting used to it. The face is okay, except the dungeon lighting meant it's really really pale.

I like the 60 luck, meta.  How did you end up with such a high attribute?

The Thief sign, perhaps. I started with 60 luck and now it's 63 or something, I sometimes dump that 1 point on it during levelups.

Disco.

My first character was born under the Atronach, so she just wandered around soaking up fireballs from imps. :D So I thought I wanted a better sign: one with more luck, too. Because, like Napoleon, I'd rather be lucky than talented. :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, wish me luck. I'm taking Deirdre out on a test run tonight. She'll do the quests around Imperiel City first and then it's to the city with the haunted house. It's a nice sized house for cheap. Since I'm going the alchemist route, I want a place to build a lab.

Obsidian Plays

Well, wish me luck.  I'm taking Deirdre out on a test run tonight.  She'll do the quests around Imperiel City first and then it's to the city with the haunted house.  It's a nice sized house for cheap.  Since I'm going the alchemist route, I want a place to build a lab.

Anvils not a bad town to live in.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Eh, why not? Now to borrow the template!

Khajiit named Kalea (I'm lazy, much like wook)

Uses marksman as her primary inclination.

She prizes Speed and Agility (So I can get in, make quick strikes, and dodge well...or just backpedal with a bow and pump things full of arrows.)

She was born under the sign of The Steed.

Archer:

Primary Skills.

Armorer

Blade

Blunt

Hand-to-Hand

Light Armour

Marksman

Sneak

Level 13

Str 60

Int 40

Will 30

Agil 82

Spd 84

End 46

Per 59 (Amulet +:(

Lck 50

Primary weapon: Elven Bow

Secondary weapon: Elven Dagger

Armor: Full Elven Suit

post-2035-1144299179_thumb.jpg

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Nord named Matt (Uh.. I have bad imagination, sue me) of the custom class "Darkrogue".

Uses Blade as his primary inclination.

He prizes Strength and Agility (Sneak in, get the initial 6x damage, and then smack them up in a flurry).

He was born under the sign of The Thief.

Currently level 45.

---

Primary Skills:

Armorer 100

Athletics 84

Blade 100

Block 100

Acrobatics 89

Light Armour 100

Speechcraft (BIG mistake) 92

Secondary skills (worth noting):

Mercantile 95

Restoration 79

Sneak 93

---

Str 112

Int 38

Will 75

Agil 100

Spd 110

End 100

Per 95

Lck 60

---

Primary weapon: Daedric longsword

Secondary weapon: Daedric bow (enchanted with +25 Frost damage)

Armour: Full Glass Armour

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Jacques

Dunmer, level 5, custom class: burglar

Stealth, agility and endurance

Sign was Thief

------------------

Primary Skills:

Blade

Marksman

Light Armor

Acrobatics

Sneak

Restoration

Block(I think)

------------------

My equipment is just steel stuff with a full fur armor. I somehow managed to get tons of constant effects pants, bt I prefer armor. My inventory was once full of pants. I really hate pants, you know?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That's only because you've been wearing them on your head instead of your behind.

By the way, my first class was a custom class: Archmage. Ironic as that was the position at which Catherine retired. My new class is called Archon. Both classes were custom.

I prefer constant effects that help my spell casting over armor, but I use both. I might try enchanting some armor with good constant effects this time.

Obsidian Plays

My speed is like 75, it's insane. All pants I got were stamina and fire resistance pants. With an enormous speed attribute and my habit to dodge fire spells and traps, I need neither.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've always gotten a kick out of the title "Archon." Of course, it's really more of a General's title, but I figure my character will be the head of both the fighters' and Mages' guild before the end of the game. If I can stomach creating another character, I might build a fighter/thief sort of fellow next. He'll only use magic to supplement his combat.

Obsidian Plays

Update:

I tend to get a lot of blunt weapons, at the moment.

I'm just about to do the redhoods' secret enclave in the hill.

I turned the difficulty down during last night's session, and I must say it was refreshing not to have to struggle with the mouse and keyboard, whilst my screen dipped to single digit framerates.

I still don't understand how my PC hits an enemy, so I just spam attack, as my block skill isn't strong enough to assist ... :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm sorry for posting to one of my old threads. Wait. What's that? I have absolutely no remorse?

Anyhow, to bring you up to date, I like Deirdre much better. For one this, I managed to get the face and hair right this time. For another thing, blade comes in quite handy.

I've thought that maybe taking restoration was a big mistake. After all, I almost never use it for anything other than healing myself. Still, I'm going to take heal other so I can maybe keep some of the stupid NPCs alive.

Also, while it's true that I tend to use restoration for nothing but healing myself, I heal myself with it a lot. I mean, unless I'm really pressed, it's all about healing spells.

Alchemy works much better than mysticism, and I'm glad I took it. I still use mysticism for detecting invisible creatures and such. Also, sad as it is, I use it to bump my intelligence. It's really dreadful the way they force us to metagame. Anyhow, I like Kasaroth's idea about making it a straight 3 for each attribute. Since I can get plus 5 on any given skill by metagaming, why not just even out the scores and cut out the extraneous BS? Heh heh, I managed to get a 5, 5, and 4 for one level. I still don't know how that happened, as I've only been able to get 5, 4, and 3 at best before or since.

Well, I just picked up a little something from a fort at Pale Pass. I liked the way that ended. Mad destruction skill boost there also. I could run around naked and it wouldn't really matter as long as I have good spells. Don't get me wrong, good equipment helps, but the spells make or break the mage.

I'll update later.

Obsidian Plays