M4-78 Restoration Project: WIP!!

Sweet! Looking foward to it! :)

Might I suggest a sticky for this one... I sense potential here! :ermm:

I second that... on both counts.

A sticky on this topic, please.

And the working on restoring M4-78 is indeed cool. I very much look forward to actually meeting Master Vash instead just finding her in a pool of her own blood on the floor. She also seemed to be one of the nicest jedi masters (next to Zez-Kai Ell). Keep up the good work! :o

Most excellent news! But how on earth are you going to add more voice to Vash? Or is there already somewhere hidden in my KotOR II-library?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Most excellent news! But how on earth are you going to add more voice to Vash? Or is there already somewhere hidden in my KotOR II-library?

ya, the dialogue is in the folder, under the files that start with 8. there is dialogue from her apprentice too.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Well, after searching through the .TLK file we found that there wasn't actually any more planned voicing for Vash (So far as we know...). There is, however, enough to suit the planet's "Endgame." The original reason for not revoicing Vash was that revoicing her for the sake of adding those new lines in would have moved this further away from being a restoration. Believe me, you wont be dissapointed with the ending we have planned for Vash! I hope... :x

StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

Well, after searching through the .TLK file we found that there wasn't actually any more planned voicing for Vash (So far as we know...). There is, however, enough to suit the planet's "Endgame." The original reason for not revoicing Vash was that revoicing her for the sake of adding those new lines in would have moved this further away from being a restoration. Believe me, you wont be dissapointed with the ending we have planned for Vash! I hope... :(

Oh, great - now I really can't wait to see how this turns out - stop teasing! :lol:

Hmmm, does this mean that Vash won't be at the restored jedi enclave on Dantooine when Kreia reveals herself? I guess time will tell...

Anyway, it looks like you guys are off to a good start :p

EDIT: Hey mods - why hasn't this topic been "stickified" yet?

Edited by Jediphile

Alot of the puzzles and maps made for M4-78 had been modified and put into Kotor2. GO-TO's Yacht's computer and droids, the puzzle at the Nar Shaddaa Wharehouse, the Cave sequence on Korriban.

Will they be placed on M4-78 or are alternatives placed?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Alot of the puzzles and maps made for M4-78 had been modified and put into Kotor2. GO-TO's Yacht's computer and droids, the puzzle at the Nar Shaddaa Wharehouse, the Cave sequence on Korriban.

The stuff moved to Nar Shaddaa is far too integrated into the story to change anything it is for that reason that we have to create our own puzzels and the likes but that shouldn't be too difficult. If you have any ideas for them then please don't hesitate to post them! Every little helps :cool:.

Are there going to be any side quest for the pc?  or is it just going to be like korriban, where you pretty much get in and get out, with an optional detour?

<_< Korriban? Bah! Korriban, so far as we can tell, was always intended to be some sort of bridge to M4-78 - it wasn't added in at the last moment because it has possibly the best intro film in the game! But M4-78 will not be like Korriban, no. You will have many different side quests to perform as you do on all the other planets as well as the main plot-line.

Edit: And while we on the team are honoured that you wish this thread to be stickified (We really are! Is this some sort of sticky request record?) I think we should leave the requests to a minimum, guys - we don't want to be eaten now, do we? I don't know, perhaps you do...

But thanks for your kind words!

Edited by Pavlos

The stuff moved to Nar Shaddaa is far too integrated into the story to change anything it is for that reason that we have to create our own puzzels and the likes but that shouldn't be too difficult. If you have any ideas for them then please don't hesitate to post them! Every little helps :cool:.

My lead idea is to try using some variants of those from K1, they had some doozies in there

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The stuff moved to Nar Shaddaa is far too integrated into the story to change anything it is for that reason that we have to create our own puzzels and the likes but that shouldn't be too difficult. If you have any ideas for them then please don't hesitate to post them! Every little helps  :cool:.

We can post ideas that might just make it into a version of K2? (w00t)

You can count on me to provide a few, as I think of them. Though naturally they should be appropriate, given that the entire planet is poisoned. I suppose the best would be associated with things that the droids cannot do themselves...

I can't recall if it's ever revealed whether the Sith were the original settlers of M4-78, but if they were not, that begs the question of what became of the settlers? Maybe there is a crashed scout ship from those settlers somewhere with a wounded crewmember who is trapped because he cannot repair his ship, since he cannot move outside it due to the poison and his wounds.

Hmm, maybe that's too complex. A few areas that are inaccessible because the droids don't know about environmental controls we also be good. Maybe a malfunctioning food/water supply that the droids ignore, since they don't need it.

I'll be post more ideas, if I think of any that are good. I bet you wish you hadn't made a call for them now... :D

Edit: And while we on the team are honoured that you wish this thread to be stickified (We really are! Is this some sort of sticky request record?) I think we should leave the requests to a minimum, guys - we don't want to be eaten now, do we? I don't know, perhaps you do...

Well, it's just that if a topic on which CRPGs are in production is good enough to be stickified, then I think this topic should be too. After all, the TSL Restoration Project (and thus Team Gizka) grew out of a topic about the cut content, which was later stickified, until the group decided to replace it by an entirely new topic. So I think this topic is just as deserving. The Restoration Project may make more of an impact, since it brings the cut stuff back across the entire game, but you guys actually intend to write original material yourselves, and that's no small ambition in my book.

Some "use the right parts on the right place" puzzle to disable the poison could be used.

Well, it's just that if a topic on which CRPGs are in production is good enough to be stickified, then I think this topic should be too. After all, the TSL Restoration Project (and thus Team Gizka) grew out of a topic about the cut content, which was later stickified, until the group decided to replace it by an entirely new topic. So I think this topic is just as deserving. The Restoration Project may make more of an impact, since it brings the cut stuff back across the entire game, but you guys actually intend to write original material yourselves, and that's no small ambition in my book.

You do have to take into account the people who did all that stuff are no longer mods at the moment. And the topic linked to was stickified previously too...; but due to "too many stickies" that one was dropped, together with the art stickies (and probably some more I cannot remember)... There are already many stickies up here in general; and despite merging (stats was 3 stickies) there still are too many. Ofcourse there is space for more stickies in the Spoilers section, and seeing what Gizka and the M4-78 restoration project do they probably should belong in spoilers instead of general...

But I am not going to propose that...

But what have I to say about it (stickifying) now; nada...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I can't recall if it's ever revealed whether the Sith were the original settlers of M4-78, but if they were not, that begs the question of what became of the settlers? Maybe there is a crashed scout ship from those settlers somewhere with a wounded crewmember who is trapped because he cannot repair his ship, since he cannot move outside it due to the poison and his wounds.

I believe we were considering something similar a while ago but it does have some fundamental changes involved :).

The original settlers' identities, I believe, are a mystery to us. The Sith happen to stumble across the planet (Through a series of events that I will not go through now :)"), and they masquerade as the planet's settlers/colonists. And that is all I will say... >_<

You will have to wait for more... and more will come... in time.

I'll be interested in seeing whether you arrive before Kaah releases the poison or after. It will be interesting to see how his character is handled as well. Is he falling to the dark side when he releases the poison? Will it be a mistake?

I'm also interested to see what the 'planetary intelligence' is. If the planet is actually a huge droid with it's own intelligence or if this is simply referring to a network of systems that keep the planet's communication etc. running. The Sith, before their untimely demise, order the droids to prevent anyone from reactivating it. Perhaps reactivating it will be required to get rid of the poison.

I'm not sure what the main purpose of restarting the intelligence will be. Maybe the Ebon Hawk will be prevented from leaving the planet for some reason without the intelligence on. You could have the Exile arrive while the Sith are still alive, have Kaah poison them while on the planet, not before the Sith order the intelligence turned off and to be defended by the droids they've been manufacturing.

Perhaps you could arrive on the planet, meet the sith and have them think you are also Sith, like on Korriban in KoTOR 2. Then at some point you could find out that Vash (think thats her name) and Kaah are being kept prisoner. You could either then embark on a quest to free them, or show, in a cutscene Vash & Kaah making a break and Kaah poisoning the Sith. At which point it is discovered that, oops, as the Sith were being poisoned one of them ordered the droids to 'lock the planet down', I.E. turn the droid intelligence off preventing your escape. Then the quests/side quests start, given to you by Vash & Kaah, to find a way to restart the droid intelligence allowing for escape and have some sort of unforseen fate take the two during your quests. Maybe they get poisoned too, or the droids get to them while you are gone?

Another method might be that you manage to talk to Vash & Kaah before they poison the Sith and you manage to do all their dialogs, then have some event happen, like the Sith somehow figuring out that you aren't Sith and are in fact there to talk to/kill Vash. Alarms go off and Kaah does the poison thing, but also somehow ends up killing himself and Vash in the process.

Also, I personally think Kaah should be a Twi'Lek. His name sounds sort of Twi'Lek and plus you'll be able to simply use the Twi'Lek speak for conversations with him.

I like the idea of arriving with the Sith still alive. You could go through a number of quests for them while you try and learn if there are any Jedi on the planet. Then later you could get a batch of new quests when they all get poisoned and the streets are now empty. It could be pulled of similer to Korriban. No matter what you said on Korriban you just couldn't blow your cover until you were done on the planet. A similer thing could be done to allow you to stay low on the planet.

Another thought just hit me. Maybe Kaah could fall to the dark side. You would meet him and Vash and there would be a few signs of his corruption. Headstrong, wanting to off all the Sith to escape. At some point during there escape, whether you help or not, Kaah could poison the Sith, NOT just to kill the Sith on the planet stopping his escape, but also the master he has outgrown. You could have a moment where Kaah, safe from the poison in some sort of upper viewing port waves good bye to his master and poisons her, along with all the Sith. In fact, Kaah could be the final bad guy you fight on M4-78. Once the droid intelligence is reactivated and whatever steps have been taken to make your escape he could meet you outside the Ebon Hawk and try and fight you for the ship, after he reveals how much he despised his former master etc.

You could perhaps even have a side story about how he falls so far. Perhaps during their imprisonment on the planet, both of them are tortured (for information, pleasure and whatever reason the Sith do it), but have that torture finally break Kaah to the dark side, kind of like Bastilla.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Too bad the TLK file cannot allow that. I suspect they keep fairly within what OE planned meaning that when you arrive the planet has already been poisened and only HK/T3/GO-TO can get out untill you got the poison disabled. Kaah is dead. During the act of poisening (Dark Side Act) Kaah believed that Vash was dead. Because Kaah turned DS Vash did not die when he died despite the 2 having the same lethal bond you and Kreia have. Also explains why you don't die in the end.

Sorry... but that's already what OE had planned, the team could change it completely, but I doubt they will...

EDIT; poison is actually radiation...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Ah, interesting. That makes sense. I kept wondering how the Exile, and any of the other organic team mates would be able to survive the poison. Whether they were safe in a room somewhere when it happened, or whether the poison had dissipitated before you arrived. That sounds like a good use of the droids and also fail proof story wise as you would have a droid at that part anyway you go about it.

Too bad the TLK file cannot allow that. I suspect they keep fairly within what OE planned meaning that when you arrive the planet has already been poisened and only HK/T3/GO-TO can get out untill you got the poison disabled. Kaah is dead. During the act of poisening (Dark Side Act) Kaah believed that Vash was dead. Because Kaah turned DS Vash did not die when he died despite the 2 having the same lethal bond you and Kreia have. Also explains why you don't die in the end.

Sorry... but that's already what OE had planned, the team could change it completely, but I doubt they will...

EDIT; poison is actually radiation...

That would be correct. You arrive on the planet and then it transpires that all the zones have been filled with some sort of radiation. You then must send GOTO, T3, or HK into the Central zone to find out what has happened and hopefully stop the radiation leak... but how we will do it I'm not telling :(.

P.S. I'm loving the smilies on this board!

I'm not sure that's entirely correct, because I know there are voice-files for Kaah, where he is all high and mighty, clearly dark sided.

Also, the bond is not fatal. Vash describes at one point that Kaah assumed she was dead because he fell to the dark side and therefore could no longer sense her. Obi-Wan did not die when Darth Maul killed Qui-Gonn. In fact, during a conversation, Vash is very surprised that the Exile's bond with Kreia is so powerful that it could kill one if the other dies.