Light vs. Dark Side

Guest JediMaster777

Guest JediMaster777

Okay, my question to you is which side of the force in your oppinions is better. At first I thought dark side no contest because of force storm, but I realized how incredible defensive force powers can be. For example, theres force valor which at master level can increase every party members attribute points by 5 and there saving throws by 5. Also, If you combine that with inspire followers your team will be unstoppable. Not to mention my jedi master has an extremely high charisma thus increasing their fighting potential even more. The lightside can just use force wave for offense, because a counsler/master will recieve +6 wisdom meaning you will almost always knock your opponets down on the ground with it. Therefore I will make the assessment that the Light side is better.

Okay, my question to you is which side of the force in your oppinions is better. At first I thought dark side no contest because of force storm, but I realized how incredible defensive force powers can be. For example, theres force valor which at master level can increase every party members attribute points by 5 and there saving throws by 5. Also, If you combine that with inspire followers your team will be unstoppable. Not to mention my jedi master has an extremely high charisma thus increasing their fighting potential even more. The lightside can just use force wave for offense, because a counsler/master will recieve +6 wisdom meaning you will almost always knock your opponets down on the ground with it. Therefore I will make the assessment that the Light side is better.

um are you talking about philosohpically or just in KotOR/KotOR II?

cuz in KOTOR II dark side pwns :wub: BUT lightside is more of a challenge and more rewarding. in my opinion. just cuz i only use speed then whip out my lightsaber and slice off their heads.

Edited by darth_yoda2828

Guest JediMaster777
Of course the dark side is better to me. All you have to do is walk, force storm, and boom! you've killed everyone.

Alright, I understand the power of force storm, however there is very little strategy or thought process involved in the dark side powers. I bet you a force storm would bounce of my jedi master with all of his defensive powers actvated on him with electrical damage protection from an underlayer in my robes.

Both sides suck.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I thought this has been discussed before.

Darkside is what I favor. It is a roleplaying game, therefore role play as something that you can not do in real life, like play evil and take advantage of the weak. :blink:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yoda: Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger?

Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

From Yoda himself :D

Yoda is the man :sorcerer:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

of course a jedi would claim the dark side is not stronger, they use the light side. but ask a powerful sith, like Revan or Naga Sadow and they will of course say the dark side. in reality, it is your strength of will, the Essence of who and what you are, these things are what make a person strong. so in that way, the dark side is stronger. darksiders have no restrictions on how to use their powers, while jedi cannot use emotion.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

I personally would fit into the Dark side. My love for smiting the arrogant in cold blood is too overwhleming.

Using the force choke on a individual in conversations is euphoric. And ofcourse with just Dark side powers (and one or two mastered LS)...there is almost no need for weapons.

Light side powers, where very useful for defense, are annoying to have to activate over and over and over.

Then there is the "narrow dogmatic views" of the Jedi, which are a bit too preachy.

wookiedance.gif

I'm a LSF and I use Force Storm left and right

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

of course a jedi would claim the dark side is not stronger, they use the light side.  but ask a powerful sith, like Revan or Naga Sadow and they will of course say the dark side. in reality, it is your strength of will, the Essence of who and what you are, these things are what make a person strong.  so in that way, the dark side is stronger.  darksiders have no restrictions on how to use their powers, while jedi cannot use emotion.

Actually, according to what you said there it doesn't necessarily mean the darkside is stronger but the person him or herself. My post about Yoda's view of LS vs DS wasn't a "LS is stronger" view at all. I was trying to get the point across that no side is stronger, it is the person and only the person that will determine how strong he or she is.

of course a jedi would claim the dark side is not stronger, they use the light side.  but ask a powerful sith, like Revan or Naga Sadow and they will of course say the dark side.  in reality, it is your strength of will, the Essence of who and what you are, these things are what make a person strong.  so in that way, the dark side is stronger.  darksiders have no restrictions on how to use their powers, while jedi cannot use emotion.

Emotion is what got Anakin chopped into pieces. Jedi dont let their emotions control their actions.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

of course a jedi would claim the dark side is not stronger, they use the light side.  but ask a powerful sith, like Revan or Naga Sadow and they will of course say the dark side.  in reality, it is your strength of will, the Essence of who and what you are, these things are what make a person strong.  so in that way, the dark side is stronger.  darksiders have no restrictions on how to use their powers, while jedi cannot use emotion.

Emotion is what got Anakin chopped into pieces. Jedi dont let their emotions control their actions.

Sometimes, the DS vs. LS thing looks like brute force vs. skill and discipline. It reminds one of that old less sucky Van Damme movie, what was its name... Bloodsport I think. Various techniques pitted against each other, each with it's own strength and weaknesses, none of them really inherently better when used by masters.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Light Side gets Master Heal, which is EXTREMELY nice, but overall Dark Side wins for raw power. Because there is no cap on Storm damage like there was in Knights of the Old Republic 1, you can can just do absurd damage with enough modifiers, killing entire groups of enemies with just one or two uses.

Edited by Sargeras
swesbrly5iz.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Of course the dark side is better to me. All you have to do is walk, force storm, and boom! you've killed everyone.

Force Storm alone is boring. Try Insanity, Force Wave, and only then Force Storm on crowds.

After Insanity, you can try Force Crush or Plague on individual victims. (As you can see I'm a big fan of Insanity) Death Field too is fun; but usually pointless because you never have to lose any hitpoints along the way.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

In KOTOR2, I prefer to go Lightside, but I use a mixture a Light and Dark powers. (w00t for the high charisma!).

Master Speed means I run around and pwn most enemies with a single swipe of my saber; but there are times when a little Force Storm and Death Field are a big help, espcially on Onderon when you fight groups of enemies. A few neutral powers like Force Wave are also pretty effective.

Overall, mixing and matching is most effective IMO.

I was a complete LS'er, but I still used a combination of Force Wave and Force Storm at the Trayus Academy. Walk into room - throw everyone to the floor with Force Wave - fry them Force Storm - repeat as necessary :cool:

Of course, Force Speed is an absolute must.

Didn't like the DS special power so much. I mean, meet Sion - push Force Crush 10 times - talk to Sion - push Force Crush 10 times - talk to Sion - push Force Crush 10 times - talk to Sion... - you get the picture. BOOOOORING!!!

For some reason I was surprised to see Force Crush work on Sion and Kreia; I thought as sith lords they'd be able to avoid it; my picture of Force Crush was that you're supposed to crush weaklings at one go with it; so 10 consecutive crushes on a sith lord did look a bit silly after all.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I, personally am a Sith Lord, and im very sadistic towards my enemies, what i like to do is, make them feel the power of force storm which atleast weakens them to half strenght, then statis field, followed by plague and horror, whats left i force drain, and anyone else who survives gets one helluva force crush which no nooblet can wield :blink: