Favorite ranged npc character?

So, I've played this game a few times through and still can't decide. Who is the best ranged support? I've considered everyone except for Discipline, Handmaiden, Visas, and Bao-Dur, who I think would just make sucky choices.

My current favorite is Mira, I usually level her to 12 as a scout and then go sentinel. With bonus feats for targeting and precise shot and the rest dumped into duelling, close shot (or whatever it's called), and weapon focus, she's a logical choice. Give her master speed, rapid shot and a heavy repeater and wallah, she is zapping 6 shots a round. Plus of course the rocket/grenade launcher thingy for extra support. Oh and force reflection to get benefits as if she's carrying a lightsaber, plus force wave for defensive support. Oh and yes she has lots of skills, and useful ones. I usually give her stealth and stealth run to even her out, with the not tripping mines thing she's got as a bonus she's all around pretty cool.

I also thought Hanharr was a decent choice, also because he's a pure scout he gets a lot of bonus feats, give him pistols and rapid shot and set him on a "ranged" script, he does a lot of damage and then switches to swords when the enemies get close. Then there's Atton who gets sneak attack but not nearly enough feats. Though I was dissapointed to see that HK-47 is a LOT less powerful in this game than he was in the first one, I mean yeah the assasination protocols are cool but they're only useful if you've got a high critical stat and even then they don't do THAT much extra damage (compare to Mira above who has a zillion attacks). Plus he's a droid, which I don't like.

Any other thoughts out there?

i always use HK, he is pretty good with an upgraded disrupter rifle. also if you bring bao dur his remote can heal HK. hanharr i always thought was better at melee, with his wookie rage. visas, i always give a lightsaber, same with everyone else i can turn to a jedi. T3 is pretty good this time with a blaster, and if you get the moving meditation you can heal him. Mandalore, though, is probably the best, especially with a really nice heavy repeater and his upgraded armor.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

HK-47 and Atton are my blaster jocks

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Although I don't use them much HK-47 and Atton (except when he's Jedi) are my ranged characters. However, Mandalore is my favourite blaster person because I did Onderon second last so by the time that Mandalore joined my party I could level him up instantly and by the time I'm done he's got all the master stuff and some other extra feats too.

Whenever I take a "Blaster Party" (me being the odd-one-out to give some Jedi or close combat help if needed) I take HK-47 and Mira.

Mira has some great pistol and ranged feats (I didn't Jedi-fy her cos I didn't know) so she gets the Mandalorian pistols and stuff.

HK-47 has the assassination protocol feat thingy and so I give him a disrupter rifle workbench-ed to have very high criticals and gave him max sniper attack and those protocols and that organic targetting part.

Overall HK did more damage than Mira so HK for me.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I use mandy for melee (strength rules!) but HK for ranged. I also put HK on grenadier mode (BOUM BOUM BOUM).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

HK-47. Give him Charric (that beastial +4 disruptor rifle) and Master Sniper Shot and he'll just tear through enemies. And besides...well...he's Hk-47! I'd be a crime not to use him!

And by the way, Mandalore is a terrible ranged character. Because you can't take his armor off, and that armor prevents any Dexterity modifier above 0 from factoring into his Attack rolls, he ends up missing an awful lot. No, use his Strength Implant and give him a nice sword or something.

swesbrly5iz.gif

Is that right? You don't get a dex modifier to ranged attacks if you are wearing armor? I thought the armor restriction only refered to AC.

I guess HK is as popular in KOTOR2 as he was in KOTOR1. Does he really do more damage than a Jedi with master speed and dual-wield?

Armor only restricts Dex modifier to AC bonuses, not attack bonuses.

My choice is Atton and Mira. Jedified, both keep they're blasters, and totally kick butt with them! :D

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

hes still better in melee combat.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

My Exile uses blasters until she gets her lightsaber

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

With fists :-

Sad thing that he can't weild sword :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

he would probably suck with a sword though... *cough* no strength *endcough*

but i do see t3 with a sword. >_<