Is anger the only emotion the Jedi are aware of?

Guest JediMaster777
In K1 and K2 (moreso K1 than K2), they always blab on about how emotions can lead you to the dark side, and when they talk about emotions, it almost, err... I mean, ALWAYS happens to be about anger! Do they think anger is the only emotion out there? How about happiness? Can happiness lead to the dark side? How about love?

Y'know I actually thought that Bastila's going to the dark side was one of those "doing the wrong things for the right reasons" kinda things. Now she could properly express her emotions, whatever they may be. Zez-Kai Ell was right. The Order was flawed at that time. The Jedi should have been allowed to have emotions, but at the same time, keep a clear head about things and not necessarily act on impulse. Heck, by their teachings, a droid would have made the best Jedi :blink:  :blink:

No, anger is not the only emotion the jedi are aware of. The jedi even say Anakin is dangerous as a child because of his emotional attachment to his mother and his love for her. The jedi teach emotions as bad because they are what make us human, and jedi try to go beyond human characteristics. In response to your question regarding happiness, yes, happiness can lead to the dark side. Why you ask? Because the emotion of happiness is brought forth from something, and when that something is taken from someone they feel pain and confusion leading them to the darkside. However it would be inaccurate to say emotions aren't exemplyfied by jedi. Sure jedi can feel sad and happy, but they are trained to not take them to the extreme.

All the things the Lightside teach against, makes them weaker, look at the Strength weilded by the Darkside, anger and hatred make a perfect warrior, look at obi-wan (Ep1) how darth maul killed QuiGon, im sure that obiwan felt an extreme ammount of hatred and anger as he was fighting Maul.

Hencefourth, the Jedi are Ignorant and Weak,

Long Live the Darkside

Peace is a lie

There is only passion

Through passion I gain strength

Through strength I gain power

Through power I gain victory

Through victory my chains are broken

The Force shall set me free

DN

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hencefourth, the Jedi are Ignorant and Weak,

Long Live the Darkside

Yet the Sith are evil.

Which is why the Jedi disappoint me on some aspects, and the Sith on some aspects...

I'd probably be a little bit LS of Grampa Joe

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I think that the Jedi training (I know it isn't real) should involve using anger, but funneling it into something good. Thats what Mace Windu does with his lightsaber form, and he's probably the best swordsman. I think he's better than Yoda.

If this was done, the Sith and dark side would have no advantages, and would therefore be countered at every turn.

Long live the light side.

Alot of the arguments on why the Darkside is stronger are only in the physical sense. Justice in our own society is "blind" in the sense that judges and policeman and anyone who is part of jurisdicial system must remain unbiased and not blinded by emotions like ANGER or FEAR.

The Jedi teachings lean towards that. Not every single battle is fought with a lightsaber and in the end emotions do cloud rightful judgement.

Justice in our own society is "blind"

What you say is true, but possibly for the wrong reasons. The Justice system is 'blind' as you say but is also corrupt to a point as well. And you don't need emotion to be corrupted. wrongful judgements are made everyday without emotion.

You're feeble skills are no match for the power of the Bumfluff!!

Peace is a lie

There is only passion

Through passion I gain strength

Through strength I gain power

Through power I gain victory

Through victory my chains are broken

The Force shall set me free

DN

amen

I think that the Jedi training (I know it isn't real) should involve using anger, but funneling it into something good. Thats what Mace Windu does with his lightsaber form, and he's probably the best swordsman. I think he's better than Yoda.

If this was done, the Sith and dark side would have no advantages, and would therefore be countered at every turn.

Long live the light side.

im pretty sure, the Sith Lords that lay in their tombs in the valley of the dark lords, pwn the hell out of jedi noobs

The sith do what they need to do to survive. Is it so wrong to embrace your emotions, while the Jedi deny them? Living sentient beings, for the most part, are emotional and to deny it is unnatural.

Sith, destroy the weak, get rid of them - they are doing a galaxy a favour, you ignorant jedi type just can realise that,

Long Live the Darkside

Edited by Revan_Returns

Jealousy had nothing to do with it.  Anakin's fall was damn near inevitable, where as strong with the force and physically able, his mind was weak and susceptable to the workings of Darth Sidious..and Sidious knew this from the very start.

Word.

Unfortunately for Anakin, being strong in the Force does not necessarily a smart person make. :thumbsup:

Love is forbidden because of its emotional entanglements.  Love is a powerful emotion, one that can defer your thoughts from better judgment, much like anger can. 

The Jedi preach of being mindful of your thoughts, extreme emotions block judgment and without that better judgment you cannot make clear choices or you hesitate to make them, and that can (and most likely will) lead you down the dark path.

The Jedi are wary of all emotions, because every emotion has the possibility to lead one to the dark side.

"There is no emotion..."

The Old Jedi Order teachings treat Jedi like sheep or lemmings even, when they should instead focus on molding *strong* moral values, alongside the way of the Force, of course.

Edited by TetsuJedi

Negative. Even Mace Windu admits he is only second to Yoda in lightsaber combat.

Negative. Even Mace Windu admits he is only second to Yoda in lightsaber combat.

I said I THINK. <_< It is my opinion, and I think I am entitled to it.

Mace manged to defeat Palpatine where Yoda could not. (I know there is speculation as to whether Palpatine deliberately lost). Yes, Yoda is without a doubt more powerful in the force, but I THINK windu is a better fighter.

Please, just let me have my opinion. You can have yours, but you don't have to say mine is wrong.

if windu was so smart, and the jedi, they would have found our that palpy was sidious, and killed him/caputured him at an earlier time, and also windu would have realised that anakin was going to fall to the darkside

It wasn't really 3 against one, as Palpatine killed the other three. And thats the Jedi's strength against the (apparently) superior dark side; there are more of them.

But yes, I agree that they could have found out Sidious earlier.

Edited by Jedi Brute

just goes to show, how strong and manipulative the darkside can be

I dare you to say something about the light side that is good. and not something sarcastic like;

"Oh, that it is nearly beaten at the end of Episode III."

I've openly said something bad about the Jedi. try and say something good about them/bad about the dark side.

Edited by Jedi Brute

Jedi ARE allowed to have emotions, just not let themselves be guided by them.

There's a difference between not having emotions, and not allways doing as your emotions tell you to.

"Reach out with your feelings, Luke".

Acknowledge your feelings, keep your head cool, consider all the facts and think logical... That's how the Jedi are supposed to be.