Some people

Calax

ok. I work at McDonalds now full time. Tonight I had closing shift. which means that after about 10 o'clock I do everything with the drive through while my boss does everything with the front counter. also we don't make that many fries and the like because we don't want to make more of a mess than we have to thus we often hand out not so hot fries.

Well today we had a MASSIVE rush that lasted from about 8:30-11pm. during this time I got all kinds of people coming through. Most are either nice family people headed somewhere or high school students using what little free time they get on the weekends to have fun. One of our customers asked for one thing, a large fries, $2.13 all told. he comes around after waiting and I ask for the money (like most mcd's we have two windows. After about 9 or 10 we close the first window and do everything at the second one.) the driver was a young woman, and appearently her passenger was her boyfriend or somthing. they dig and dig and finially the guy says "we only have about 2.09. can you spot us 4 cents?"

hmmmm... Usually I'm a pretty nice guy but I don't like to screw around and just give people stuff for free or give discounts because they ask (I have given a discount to a guy who was nice to a young boy who was 2 cents short... I felt he deserved it). Especially when the owner of the store (we're a franchise) is going spastic about money because one of the managers ran off with 5k from our safe. I tell him no... expecting the pair to just drive off. They don't... instead they give me 3+ dollars. the question running through my head at this point is "why the heck did you ask me for money when you already had enough?" so I give him his fries and he drives off.

Here's the kicker. Appearently while I was continuing to work on my window and orders, the guy parked came in and complained to my manager that "the fries are cold and that (I'm not going to use the word but it's a derogitory for homosexual male that starts with F) over there didn't spot me 5 cents!"

Now I didn't actually hear this (my boss told me a few hours later when we were lounging around looking for crap to do) but my question is: Why the heck are you telling a manager of a business your pissed off at one of the employee's because said employee wouldn't let you get by with less money than you need to have paid?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are so friggin' many jerks in this world, I run into quite a few moron parents where I work. :angry:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Perhaps their lives and sense of self worth are built upon small victories against the 'system' (that's McDonalds and you, by the way). Cheating you out of 4 cents would have been a victory, as would getting you into trouble with your boss, you corporate sell-out you! They may have failed this time, but they're still out there, raging against the system and waiting for the revolution. :geek:

Or maybe they just had a bet?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Why? It's just fast food.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I bought a shake from Mcdonalds once. I noticed a few lumpy bits, but assumed it was ice. A few minutes later I realised that sucking on the straw was bringing the bogeys from my nose and into my mouth. That was the furthest I've ever spat anything.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Nice, I was in the process of eating my launch when I read that. :lol:

:-

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Wait a moment... Your McDonalds closes? :lol: We have one here in town that isn't open 24 hours a day and that's because it's in a mall that closes so everything inside has to close.

Was at a McDonalds a couple days ago at around 11pm since it was one of the few places still open. There were 6 people still working there and about a dozen people in line. 5 minutes later and no one had gotten any food, nor had they taken any orders, we left to find some place that was actually serving the people inside and not just the drive through. <_<

I worked 6 years in a Pizza Hut and we had people like this everyday.

Some were much worse. We had one who REFUSED to leave until the manager fired the employee in front of him. We had to "call security" on him.

It's because of people like these that I won't ever work in a restaurant again. Office work rules, man!

Wait a moment... Your McDonalds closes? :(  We have one here in town that isn't open 24 hours a day and that's because it's in a mall that closes so everything inside has to close.

Was at a McDonalds a couple days ago at around 11pm since it was one of the few places still open. There were 6 people still working there and about a dozen people in line. 5 minutes later and no one had gotten any food, nor had they taken any orders, we left to find some place that was actually serving the people inside and not just the drive through. <_<

inside the building we close at about 11... but drive through stays open another hour on weekdays and an hour and a half on weekends.

The fast food industry just sucks.

I never worked at McD's or any of the big name places but I've worked at restraunts and yeah...you get all kinds of people...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

there is one guy who's threatening to sue our franchise because my boss didn't fire me after I offended him... he misconstrued one of my jokes as a racist comment.

Edited by Calax

they just wanted to save 5 cents... um... 5 cents....

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

they just wanted to save 5 cents... um... 5 cents....

Americans... ;)

AMEN.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"