KotOR vs Star Wars eps

Your Favourite  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favourite

• Star Wars Episodes
    • KotOR

Personally i liked kotor, it was different and new, and kotor1 was a better time in the galaxy its what i would like to see in a movie its like all the genre's in 1, mystery and so on

If the kotor series goes on it will be as good as the movies IMO

so im voting for kotor

but then the movies where real great, but with the kotor games you could interact more, and everything depended on your decision

i liked episode 1+2 but from then on it got pretty boring a bit, no jedi and sith *sigh* 3 was pretty good, but then led to the dark boring ages

KOTOR...only because KOTOR2 provided alot of wisdom/knowledge of the Force itself that I personally wanted to know.

I really loved what Kreia taught and spoke of it. Using the force it all its wonders, with no restrictions...being one with the Force without having to die. Basically "There is not light or dark...only the Force".

Not to mention I hate Vrook...(he is the reason I wish the game had more gore, so I could slaughter him like the arrogant piggy that he was)

Its really a tough decision. If the movies were not already "set in stone" story wise...I would have loved to play a KOTOR style game as Vader.

wookiedance.gif

Problem is that most people (+me) consider movies to be original Star Wars (even eps 1, 2, 3) and since they're movies, they are fixed, or conversely, the point of a game based on a movie/universe is that it's interactive.

I do think the movies are better - however the KotOR story (not sure about K2, LOL) would make a great movie well, as has been mentioned heaps of times. Playing KotOR certainly feels more like a movie than with Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy. (well except the fancy moves)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I like Starwars but I LOVE KotOR!

Its all to do with the settings

KotOR is just way more interesting a setting then the generic good vrs evil Star Wars is!

Still wish someone would make a KotOR MMORPG!

mmorpg? nah, there has been a discussion on this, but its too complicated

Kotor:s are w00t and I personally like them more than PT, but OT...Nothing beats it in SW Universe. It was beginning of SW. No movies, no EU, no EU, no Kotor :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

KotOR owns. no arguements there. i love how the games give you a whole new perspective on the force, the jedi and the sith, i liked how kreia made you question your decisions that you were sure were right. i loved the characters, they seemed so much deeper. it took an entire collection of EU books to get the background of the characters from the movies. and i liked the new settings, i was getting sick of the rebellion and new republic. i think KotOR would not be good as a movie, as the choices and alternate endings is what makes KotOR so popular. you never get tired of it, because no matter how many times you play it, you can always make something different. another plus, the main character does not have to be male, and the game does not have to end with the light side winning again

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Has to be KOTOR episodes, not that I don't love the movies (EPIII kicked a**), but the KOTOR just seemed grander on scale.

I don't know maybe cos we could interact with them. Also the idea of the Star Forge and huge war seemed intriguing and the idea that beyond the Outer Rim perhaps something more vast than the Republic awaits. Who knows have to wait for KOTOR3.

Though we can't forget at least KOTOR2 talked so much about the Force and never once brought up the words Midichlorians. Obsidian's idea of the Force is far better than anything Lucas came up with in the Prequels.

In almost every aspect K1 is almost similar if not a blatant rip off from the movies: Starforge=Deathstar, Ebon Hawk=Millennium falcon, Vader=Malak, Plot twist and freaking wookie's

I see there's a formula in which to capture SW fans... Just if K2 wasn't so cut-up <_< It is still such a great game

KotOR owns.  no arguements there.  i love how the games give you a whole new perspective on the force, the jedi and the sith, i liked how kreia made you question your decisions that you were sure were right.  i loved the characters, they seemed so much deeper.  it took an entire collection of EU books to get the background of the characters from the movies.  and i liked the new settings, i was getting sick of the rebellion and new republic.  i think KotOR would not be good as a movie, as the choices and alternate endings is what makes KotOR so popular.  you never get tired of it, because no matter how many times you play it, you can always make something different.  another plus, the main character does not have to be male, and the game does not have to end with the light side winning again

i like it how it was similar to the movies, and you could do almost everything that you wanted, and so on ( i dont really feel like ellaborating lol)

In almost every aspect K1 is almost similar if not a blatant rip off from the movies: Starforge=Deathstar, Ebon Hawk=Millennium falcon, Vader=Malak, Plot twist and freaking wookie's

I see there's a formula in which to capture SW fans... Just if K2 wasn't so cut-up <_< It is still such a great game

agreed, ive discussed this in my thread here its about the cliche's of kotor and so on

The SW films FTW!

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I agree completely.

I cannot in good conscience vote for the KotOR, when so much of it is merely an unoriginal revision of many plots already seen in Star Wars. Even Revan isn't original, as he bears a lot of similarity to Ulic Qel-Droma in both choice and fall.

And Malak is just boring next to Vader. If K2 had been a completed product, it would have been a tougher choice, since K2's story is far stronger and original, but it's unfinished and Nihilus never reaches the potential he had, so the movies will win for me as it is. Besides, there is no moment in any of the KotOR games that comes anywhere close to "No, Luke. *I* am your father!"

Besides, there is no moment in any of the KotOR games that comes anywhere close to "No, Luke. *I* am your father!"

Agreed :blink:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

any reason to post that message? It is just one failed quote, geez. <_< Nothing special

Oh :o Well, I've seen it. But there is that damn edit time limit