The Cliche' of KotOR

First of all, go to part one, to get the gist of this thread

ok, this is what i believe to be the similarities between KotOR1 and 2 characters

Bastilla - I orignally thought that she could be associated with kreia, because they both question what you do, both connected strongly to the force, both very important characters in the games, and you vs them both at the end of the game, but someone said kreia could be associated with jolee, which i also agree because they are both old, and also question you. (jolee telling you not to go the darkside)

Carth - Atton, both are pilots, both are found early in the game, both are very close to you and loyal to an extent. both have had their brushes with the sith

Canderous - Mandalore, both mandalorians

canderous is mandalore

Zalbaar - Hanhaar, both wookies, both usless in the games IMO

T3M4 - appears in kotor2

HK47 - same

Carth can also be associated with bao dur a bit, both into gadgets and know their stuff

junhanii - Handmaiden/mira, for some reason juhanii reminds me of mira, or the handmaiden

well im momentarily out of ideas lol, anyone else got similarities between the characters?

ive been thinking, kotor1 can be associated with ep 4 what movie do you think could be related to KotOR2?

Bastila - Kreia/Handmaiden (love)

Carth - Atton

Mission - Mira

Zaalbar - Hanharr (who is by the tway, not useless)

Juhani - Visas

Jolee - Disciple (the only thing these really have in common are the medkits and vast wise knowledge)

T3, HK and Canderous don't count. :(

Canderous=Visas or Bao-Dur (they'll follow you no matter what)

Bastlla=Visas (both jedi sentinels and sexy)

Mission=Mira (they've both been abandoned by their family,adriot with computers and other things)

Bastila=Handmaiden

Jolee=Kreia (both gray jedi)

Juhani=Bao Dur (both jedi guardians)

My Revan=Atton or My Exile (both sarcastic, have dark stories and experiences, and responsible for the death of many jedi)

comparing jolee to kreia is a bit of a stretch...true, they are both neutral but kreia is really like no one else in that sence. she is neutral but manipulitive, and whenever you gain influence with her you usually get darkside points. jolee, on the other hand, approves of light side acts and urges you to turn away from the dark side. he also has a very simple personality, while you only figure out kreia in the end, when she takes up the mantle of sith lord again...

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

I simply do not agree that Jolee is a "gray jedi"...

He is like most human beings... Generally good.

But he has lived long enough, seen enough and gained enough experience to realize that the Jedi Code isn't allways right. But he also knows that following the dark side only leads to corruption.

This doesn't make him gray. It only makes him wise. He is a real and proper Jedi, but one that has become a bit "rounded" along the edges.

"Gray" would suggest that he is neutral... This is simply not the case.

In a more typical "Dungeons & Dragons" alignment he would be Neutral Good perhaps, but gray would suggest something along the lines of "True Neutral" which means you have no preference towards either good or evil. Meaning killing someone just for the sake of doing so wouldn't really be a problem, but it isn't a thing you would encourage either. Jolee wouldn't kill somebody unless it was nessesary in order to defend his own life or the lives of his companions.

Jolee Bindo is lightside, but not towards the extreme... The fact that the "lightside/darkside meter" in Kotor shows him in dead center doesn't change the fact that all his actions and opinions throughout the game suggests that he is generally good.

ok, this is what i believe to be the similarities between KotOR1 and 2 characters

Bastilla - I orignally thought that she could be associated with kreia, because they both question what you do, both connected strongly to the force, both very important characters in the games, and you vs them both at the end of the game, but someone said kreia could be associated with jolee, which i also agree because they are both old, and also question you. (jolee telling you not to go the darkside)

Carth - Atton, both are pilots, both are found early in the game, both are very close to you and loyal to an extent. both have had their brushes with the sith

canderous is mandalore

T3M4 - appears in kotor2

HK47 - same

Carth can also be associated with bao dur a bit, both into gadgets and know their stuff

junhanii - Handmaiden/mira, for some reason juhanii reminds me of mira, or the handmaiden

well im momentarily out of ideas lol, anyone else got similarities between the characters?

ive been thinking, kotor1 can be associated with ep 4 what movie do you think could be related to KotOR2?

This all seems pretty... tenuous.

ya...the characters in both of the games are unique, each with their own personallity. i can see comparing the KotOR chars with those in the Movies is one thing, but comparing the games... i guess that's one thing i love these games for. your party is so memorable, and really stand out from each other.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

I simply do not agree that Jolee is a "gray jedi"...

He is like most human beings... Generally good.

But he has lived long enough, seen enough and gained enough experience to realize that the Jedi Code isn't allways right. But he also knows that following the dark side only leads to corruption.

This doesn't make him gray. It only makes him wise. He is a real and proper Jedi, but one that has become a bit "rounded" along the edges.

"Gray" would suggest that he is neutral... This is simply not the case.

In a more typical "Dungeons & Dragons" alignment he would be Neutral Good perhaps, but gray would suggest something along the lines of "True Neutral" which means you have no preference towards either good or evil. Meaning killing someone just for the sake of doing so wouldn't really be a problem, but it isn't a thing you would encourage either. Jolee wouldn't kill somebody unless it was nessesary in order to defend his own life or the lives of his companions.

Jolee Bindo is lightside, but not towards the extreme... The fact that the "lightside/darkside meter" in Kotor shows him in dead center doesn't change the fact that all his actions and opinions throughout the game suggests that he is generally good.

From what I understood of gray jedi, they were just jedi who left the order but still did some things regular jedi did. That's all I meant by that.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a good one!, Manaan can be related to Kamino - both ocean planets, both very important, both have small settlements (well they are pretty big, but small compared to the size it is on the planet)

• 2 weeks later...

canderous is mandalore

T3M4 - appears in kotor2

HK47 - same

is that spoiler really true?????? I thought there were some similarities in the way they act.

yep you can tell by the way he talks is exactly to what he says in k1, and the discussion that kreia has to mandalore before him and the exile go to onderon about mandalore traveling with revan and mandalore gives a few hints away

And Kreia at the end: "And Canderous is loyal beast"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And Kreia at the end: "And Canderous is loyal beast"

You see, that dosnt make sense if the Exile hasnt got the back story of Mandalore. Im sure Exile would be thinking "Who the hell is Canderous" when Kriea said that. I know the audience who has played kotor 1 will know Canderous, but the Exile didnt know Canderous like Revan did.

is it just me, or i just dont get the whole story and perspective of each and every characters history? because all kotor2 seemed to me was, gaining infulence from characters, then discussing them about one thing, about their history which triggers them being a jedi, and nothing more about their history.

it seems, that the only person you gain a lot of history from is, atton and kreia, kreia knew revan, and lots about him, atton had the history of being the assasination squad stuff. thats basically all the history you get. bao dur is very small diologue, about what he did after the wars, that it, and the handmaiden was just about her mother which isnt much. the problem with infulence is that it does have flaws, sometimes you dont know what desision to make to gain infulence, and then if you dont gain infulence you cant learn the small part about their history

compared to kotor1, kotor2 just seems, gain infulence>jedify but kotor1 was gaining history and understanding the characters.

Agreed, although I think they get a bit more backstory than you imply, like GoTo suprisingly ;)

But the thing I dont get about the influence is that you can still get their backstory at zero influence!!! you would have thought at that level they would pretty much hate the Exiles guts, but that dosnt explain why they would be able to be jedified (but opposite alighnment). surely no influence means you cant manipulate them, hence they wouldnt even listen to you, so how could they become opposite side jedi (unless its kriea who teaches them?)

Edited by aerowars617

>_< yeah, perhaps the infulence is too much of a problem when it comes to uncovering their past and history (the minimal ones that characters have) but then is a neccessity in a way, in order to uncover significant parts of their past and then help them gain contact with the force, hence jedify