Make custom locations!!! (help for modders!)

What would it take to get someone from obsidian to discuss with the comunity the process of creating new area modules with 3d studio max! I know...modding is not supported by obsidian! But I figure modding keeps the game alive and it wouldent hurt to ask! All I am asking for is a discription of how it is done! no releasing of any tools ect! PLEASE HELP! :D

It was not impossible for the developers of KOTOR 2 to make new areas! I am asking for them to tell us how to do it...so it can be possible! come on, its just a matter of compiling some data into KOTORS format!!! And the developers of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 should know how its done!!!

come on its a older game and the next one they make will be next gen...no one will probibly use the engine anymore...and the community wont make any money with it!!! It will be used to expand the life of an older game! Look and id soft...they release sdk's and expand the life of the game by many years...heck people are still modding and playing Q1 with new engines like tenebrae! and quake 1 is like 10 years old! I baught it last week just to play and mod it! KOTOR was such a great game if we could make our own locations and side storys to add to the game it would cause people to want to paly it again...which would cause people to have to buy it!!!

ya your probilby right! but cant hurt to ask! I asked in biowares forums and I got this!!!

"Hi. I'm really sorry, but, as the sticky says, player-made mods will not be discussed here. Therefore, this thread is getting locked. For more details, please refer to the linked thread.:"

Edited by action1

that isnt going to be easy, its extremely hard just to mod something - something big and significant, and then making new planets? that would take ages and you would have to know a lot of stuff based on modding and the code ect.

umm...if I create a module in the exact same way as the old modules i should be able to implement it the same way as red hawk did! An if your saying my experence if from scratch...its not! I have modded this game many times! I would start by getting a premade module into max (or something else if needed) and exporting it back into the game! Then I would do minor alterations to it! and again, out it in game! then i would try for a basic box level! ect ect! Finaly id make a custom area!...ALL I NEED IS THE ABILITY TO EXPORT THE MODULE FORMAT! (oh and import would be nice too!)

umm...if I create a module in the exact same way as the old modules i should be able to implement it the same way as red hawk did! An if your saying my experence if from scratch...its not! I have modded this game many times! I would start by getting a premade module into max (or something else if needed) and exporting it back into the game! Then I would do minor alterations to it! and again, out it in game! then i would try for a basic box level! ect ect! Finaly id make a custom area!...ALL I NEED IS THE ABILITY TO EXPORT THE MODULE FORMAT! (oh and import would be nice too!)

Wouldn't work. You can also put animations into Gmax and try to import them back in but it'd fail. You'd need a special importer/exporter, which does not exist and all attempts to make one have failed. So, your stuck using existing modules and simply removing the placeholders.

And we know eventually someone will have cracked it successfully only to have it be short lived

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah. But wait, if you cant create modules, how do you do injured Atton to TSLRP? :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Can modules from K1 be imported into K2?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah. But wait, if you cant create modules, how do you do injured Atton to TSLRP? :p

Those files are already in your game. All TSLRP is doing is unlocking what is already there.

Actually...Atton injured is custom made. I'm not sure if its just the head thats being modified or the entire body (being he gets limbs severed) but anyway...modules and heads/bodies are two totally different things. And recently, someone did crack some animation on the NPCs.