light side male

ok, this is my complaint on the whole star wars universe and characters. be prepared, if you like light side males, to be attacked. why is it that the main hero/villian of the movie, game, etc. is alway cannon lightside male?! :lol: why is there no main female heroines or villians? i mean, look at the clone wars, the galactic civil war and the jedi civil war. Luke & Anakin skywalker, darth vader, darth sidious, darth revan, darth malak, the Exile... i mean, i could go on for hours on all the main male characters. and the games where you have a choice, the characters are always cannon male. the female characters are always support, and are portrayed as weak and needing the assistance of their "strong man hero". and why the games always end as the light side winning? i know people like this more, but not everything goes as planned and it would be nice to have some variety. Cant there be at least one cannon female, or at least a cannon dark side ending?! does anyone else agree with me on this? :blink::(

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Leland Chee at least is trying to make canonical Exile to FSL

And why the light side...Hey, it is SW!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

they are? sweet!!! (w00t)

but i still think they should have made TSL dark side cannon, it fits the settings better. the exile gets kicked out of the order when she goes to them for help, wanders the galaxy without the force for ten years, then kreia finds her and gives her the force back. with the sith having almost wiped out the jedi, the exile, still bitter over the jedi not understanding the war and abandonning the jedi who went to fight, decides not to play hero. she sees her opportunity do make them see where they went wrong and kills them. and yes it may be star wars, but im sick of all the jedi being so preachy and the pc accepting this. i wish some character would come along and show the jedi exactly what he/she thinks of them.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

True, but I actually disagree with him.

K2 is a stronger plot with a male LS Exile IMHO. The Handmaiden, her "betrayal", the significance of Arren Kae, Atris' feelings for the Exile and her fall to the dark side...

All of that is far more interesting to me than the Disciple is - to me the LS female plot just isn't as strong.

if you like DSers, then Exar Kun is your guy....he was defeated but not killed (at least not for several thousand years) and he was never redeemed.

generally speaking, though, DS + the Force can only go one way...it will always lead to domination. that is why it will always be opposed.

it really is that simple.

K2 is a stronger plot with a male LS Exile IMHO. The Handmaiden, her "betrayal", the significance of Arren Kae, Atris' feelings for the Exile and her fall to the dark side...

All of that is far more interesting to me than the Disciple is - to me the LS female plot just isn't as strong.

True. The Handmaiden always seemed more deep and interesting than the Disciple. If it weren't for the crappy DS ending, I'd say that a DSM Exile was the best.

Exactly.

But still, there should be female heroes/antiheroes more.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I agree that women should take a more active role in the Star Wars universe. What would make a good Sith Lord than a woman who was scorned? :huh:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

they are? sweet!!! (w00t)

but i still think they should have made TSL dark side cannon, it fits the settings better. the exile gets kicked out of the order when she goes to them for help, wanders the galaxy without the force for ten years, then kreia finds her and gives her the force back. with the sith having almost wiped out the jedi, the exile, still bitter over the jedi not understanding the war and abandonning the jedi who went to fight, decides not to play hero. she sees her opportunity do make them see where they went wrong and kills them. and yes it may be star wars, but im sick of all the jedi being so preachy and the pc accepting this. i wish some character would come along and show the jedi exactly what he/she thinks of them.

I played the Exile as female, so I'm gonna say "she" from now on. I thought it was her choice to leave the Order? Did I misunderstand? I'm not saying you're wrong because I probably did. I intend to play the game again, one of these days.

I think it makes more sense for her to be LS, though. Before the war, she was a good Jedi, meaning highly skilled, adept with the Force blah blah blah. She simply disagreed with the Council's decision to wait-and-see regarding the war. Understandable. I'd disagree with it myself if I was in her place. But I liked the way the LS story unfolded. It showed more wisdom on the Exile's part, and less pettiness.

Anyway, I'm gonna play the game as a male Exile next time. I didn't realize until I'd left the academy that the Handmaiden won't accompany a female Exile, and that I'd been stuck with Disciple. :)

And, ummm, didn't we have not one but two female villains in TSL?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I think the Exile should be LS since KOTOR would then stay with the theme of "Redemption"

I also would prefer having the Exile being canonically female, just so there can be an equivalent of Bastila for K2

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

No that would go to "Grampa Joe" Bindo

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

possibly.. but then the game is based as if the exile was male, look at wookiepedia, its all "he" when they refer to the exile

Actually, he is used as a general, non-specific term so he/she wouldn't have to be constantly used.

nah, male sith lords are more sadistic and crazy

You didn't listen to Atton did you?

"Men are bad enough. But when a woman falls to the dark side, you'd better space yourself before they catch you."

Edited by Wild Storm