New Revolution Info

Deraldin

Nothing about fillrate or bandwidth, nor the capabilities of the "Hollywood" graphics-chip.

As far as i can tell, it will be exactly what Nintendo promised. Comparing to Xbox360 and PS3 it will be underperforming.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So, to sum up:

- 729MHz CPU

- 243MHz GPU

- 88MB total system RAM

- System-on-chip design

Some revolution. Each unit will probably cost them $20 to manufacture. They can sell them for $200 each. For the first time in history, a console maker is actually going to make profits from selling the console units themselves. *That's* Nintendo's next-gen strategy?

Nintendo Revolution games will cost less than those of other next-generation consoles, according to Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata.

Speaking with CNN Money, Iwata could not guarantee third-party developers would offer titles for similar prices, but said Nintendo is committed to keeping figures within a reasonable price range.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

and Roms are easy to get and there free .. sad but true.

Um...then why were you bragging about the X-box having more retro games?

I wasnt bragging Im not a fan of Xbox anymore then Nintendo

The reason I was saying Xbox had more retro games and talking about

Roms is because I have my Xbox chipped and have many many roms

from many different consoles for it.

Easy stuff.

revolution6ay.jpg

Mine is Doppelganger.. I mean wtf.. seriously..Doppelganger lol..

Who came up with that, can you imagin,

"What shell the word be for a ghostly dubble of yourself?"

"I dont think it really needs a world"

"Yeah, common lets go crazy, how about doppelganger?"

"lol yeah!"

you think I'm silly but you'll be saying it secretly..

Stopping people the street to say Doppelganger,

wispering it in your girlfriend ear while spooning.

Anyway.. Lets get back on topic:

Revolution, LOL.

Edited by sega-soldier

I've written many letters about Mr. Sega-soldier's shabby initiatives. Maybe it's wrong to fixate so much on this one topic, but I assure you that my arguments are not wrong. First off, I am tired of hearing or reading that "the norm" shouldn't have to worry about how the exceptions feel. You know that that is simply not true. Mr. Sega-soldier's helpers don't see the social chaos that will be unleashed if they get their way and quash other people's opinions. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but you get the drift. When one examines the ramifications of letting Mr. Sega-soldier strip the world of conversation, friendship, and love, one finds a preponderance of evidence leading to the conclusion that he and I disagree about our civic duties. I aver that we must do our utmost to study the problem and recommend corrective action as expeditiously as possible. Mr. Sega-soldier, on the other hand, believes that we can all live together happily without laws, like the members of some 1960s-style dope-smoking commune. He offers two principal reasons as to why pusillanimous, slatternly slanderers and primitive malefactors should rule this country. He argues that (1) everything he says is utterly and absolutely true, and (2) all it takes to solve our social woes are shotgun marriages, heavy-handed divorce laws, and a return to some mythical 1950s Shangri-la. These arguments are invalid for the following reasons: First, it would be grossly premature for him to claim final victory. I could write pages on the subject, but the following should suffice. Some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Mr. Sega-soldier is secretly scheming to retain an institution which, twist and turn as you like, is and remains a disgrace to humanity. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that the law is not just a moral stance. It is the consensus of society on our minimum standards of behavior.

Here, too, we can see how if anything will free us from the shackles of Mr. Sega-soldier's vapid outbursts, it's knowledge of the world as it really is. It's knowledge that I have a problem with his use of the phrase, "We all know that...". With this phrase, Mr. Sega-soldier doesn't need to prove his claim that our elected officials should be available for purchase by special-interest groups; he merely accepts it as fact. To put it another way, I undoubtedly hope that the truth will prevail and that justice will be served before Mr. Sega-soldier does any real damage. Or is it already too late? My answer is, as always, a model of clarity and the soul of wit: I don't know. However, I do know that either Mr. Sega-soldier has no real conception of the sweep of history, or he is merely intent on winning some debating pin by trying to pierce a hole in my logic with "facts" that are taken out of context. It may seem obvious, but I correctly predicted that Mr. Sega-soldier would raise extortionate demands. Alas, I didn't think he'd do that so effectively -- or so soon. If history follows its course, it should be evident that he claims that anyone who resists him deserves to be crushed. Well, I beg to differ. A study of dastardly soi-disant do-gooders indicates broad political and ideological agreement on the use of force combined with a set of simple tactics to achieve their immediate goal: to woo over blasphemous nebbishes by using tactics such as scapegoating, reductionist and simplistic solutions, demagoguery, and a conspiracy theory of history. Given that temperamental narcissism has come to occupy a backwards place in the national dialogue, isn't it obvious that without checks and balances, what I call lawless election-year also-rans are free to convert houses of worship into houses of boosterism? To put a little finer edge on the concept, Mr. Sega-soldier says that everyone would be a lot safer if he were to monitor all of our personal communications and financial transactions -- even our library records. Why on Earth does Mr. Sega-soldier need to monitor our library records? You know the answer, don't you? You probably also know that I must protest Mr. Sega-soldier's use of cynical, nutty shirkers to achieve his gutless goals. How much more illumination does that fact need before Mr. Sega-soldier can grasp it? Assuming the answer is "a substantial amount", let me point out that Mr. Sega-soldier wants to destabilize the already volatile social fabric that he purportedly aims to save. Who does he think he is? I mean, if his plan to spread amateurish views is to be discouraged then the wisest course of action is to break the spell of great expectations that now binds the most hectoring geeks you'll ever see to Mr. Sega-soldier. Before we start down that road I ought to remind you that once one begins thinking about free speech, about maladroit chuckleheads who use ostracism and public opinion to prevent the airing of views contrary to their own amoral beliefs, one realizes that for the nonce, he is content to muzzle his critics. But in a lustrum or two, he will work both sides of the political fence.

You, of course, now need some hard evidence that giving Mr. Sega-soldier the means to contaminate or cut off our cities' water supply is like supplying the gun to your own robber. Well, how about this for evidence: Those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still contend that Mr. Sega-soldier's notions, when taken as a whole, are loathsome, have an obligation to do more than just observe what Mr. Sega-soldier is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to shield people from Mr. Sega-soldier's inane and profligate deceptions. We have an obligation to oppose him and all he stands for. And we have an obligation to go placidly amid the noise and haste. He twists every argument into some sort of "struggle" between two parties. Mr. Sega-soldier unvaryingly constitutes the underdog party, which is what he claims gives him the right to call for ritualistic invocations of needlessly formal rules.

Let me put it this way: Mr. Sega-soldier has -- not once, but several times -- been able to nail people to trees without anyone stopping him. How long can that go on? As long as his birdbrained obloquies are kept on life support. That's why we have to pull the plug on them and reach out for things with permanence, things beyond wealth and comfort and pleasure, things that have real meaning. My long-term goal is to strip the unjust power from those who seek power over others and over nature. Unfortunately, much remains to be done. As you may have noticed, Mr. Sega-soldier's frightful dream is starting to come true. Liberties are being killed by attrition. Propagandism is being installed by accretion. The only way that we can reverse these logorrheic, predatory trends is to examine Mr. Sega-soldier's worldview from the perspective of its axiology (values) and epistemology (ways of knowing). To be precise, if he truly believes that everyone with a different set of beliefs from his is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell, then maybe he should enroll in Introduction to Reality 101.

It seems ironic that Mr. Sega-soldier trumpets pudibund onanism laced with inconsiderate pharisaism, given that he is swinging pretty hard on some slender evidence. So what's the connection between that and his pronouncements? The connection is that Mr. Sega-soldier's subalterns consider his inveracities a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of hooliganism. It doesn't do us much good to become angry and wave our arms and shout about the evils of his jeremiads in general terms. If we want other people to agree with us and join forces with us, then we must discuss the relationship between three converging and ever-growing factions -- unstable airheads, mumpish pinheads, and overbearing bozos. I haven't the foggiest idea why Mr. Sega-soldier wants to engage in an endless round of finger pointing. But even if we disregard all that and examine only his shambolic adages, this seems to me to be enough to show that he wants to beat plowshares into swords. Faugh.

An old joke tells of the optimist who falls off a 60-story building and, as he whizzes past the 35th floor, exclaims, "So far, so good!" But it is not such blind optimism that causes Mr. Sega-soldier's gofers to think that they can blame our societal problems on handy scapegoats. Mr. Sega-soldier doesn't have any principles, or if he does, he puts them aside whenever they're inconvenient.

On a more personal note, Mr. Sega-soldier has a natural talent for complaining. He can find any aspect of life and whine about it for hours upon hours. He is firmly convinced that no one is smart enough to see through his transparent lies. His belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that Mr. Sega-soldier does not tolerate any view that differs from his own. Rather, he discredits and discards those people who contradict him along with the ideas that they represent. I can easily see him performing the following atrabilious acts. First, Mr. Sega-soldier will waffle on all the issues. Then, he will relabel millions of people as "blockish". I do not profess to know how likely is the eventuality I have outlined, but it is a distinct possibility to be kept in mind. If we are to break the neck of his policy of despotism once and for all, then we must be guided by a healthy and progressive ideology, not by the neo-materialistic and self-serving ideologies that Mr. Sega-soldier promotes.

If Mr. Sega-soldier continues to project a stream of raving images of death, sex, disaster, material goods, celebrities, and other fixtures in a mock-Olympian firmament, crime will escalate as schools deteriorate, corruption increases, and quality of life plummets. It is widely known and beyond dispute that I must blow my whistle on his tactics of deception and distortion. Or, to express that sentiment without all of the emotionally charged lingo, he offers nothing but cheap insults and banal rhetoric. Sadly, lack of space prevents me from elaborating further. Mr. Sega-soldier's cajoleries serve as a stepping stone to world government. And who will compose that world government? A ruling class consisting of self-centered criminals and viperine traitors. The question that's on everyone's mind these days is, "Is Mr. Sega-soldier hoping that the readers of this letter won't see the weakness of his argument relative to mine?" One might as well ask, "Is Mr. Sega-soldier so uncontrollable as to think that this can go on forever?" Before you answer, let me point out that if one accepts the framework I've laid out here, it follows that Mr. Sega-soldier talks a lot about nihilism and how wonderful it is. However, he's never actually defined what it means. How can he argue for something he's never defined? It would take days to give the complete answer to that question but the gist of it is that Mr. Sega-soldier truly believes that human life is expendable. I hope you realize that that's just a yellow-bellied pipe dream from a self-aggrandizing pipe, and that in the real world, Mr. Sega-soldier is trying to brainwash us. He wants us to believe that it's socially inept to raise several issues about his slimy endeavors that are frequently missing from the drivel that masquerades for discourse on this topic; that's boring; that's not cool. You know what I think of that, don't you? I think that Mr. Sega-soldier's ideological colors may have changed over the years. Nevertheless, his core principle has remained the same: to break up society's solidarity and cohesiveness. If you don't believe me, then note that Mr. Sega-soldier seizes every opportunity to palliate and excuse the atrocities of his trained seals. I cannot believe this colossal clownishness. Any sane person knows that Mr. Sega-soldier is careless with data, makes all sorts of causal interpretations of things without any real justification, has a way of combining disparate ideas that don't seem to hang together, seems to show a sort of pride in his own biases, gets into all sorts of effete speculation, and then makes no effort to test out his speculations -- and that's just the short list! Sadly, in once sense, Mr. Sega-soldier is correct. If we let him cast ordinary consumption and investment decisions in the light of high religious purpose, then I will surely be forced to die an agonizing death, be given no burial place, and have my soul chased by demons in Gehenna from one room to another for all eternity and more.

At the risk of sounding hopelessly inimical, Mr. Sega-soldier maintains that either public opinion is a reliable indicator of what's true and what isn't or that those of us who oppose him would rather run than fight. Mr. Sega-soldier denies any other possibility. I don't mean to imply that his desire to teach the next generation how to hate -- and whom to hate -- is both a cause and an effect of what we now see as a global increase in pr

Hadescopy.jpg

I have two orders of business regarding Sega-soldier. For openers, you won't find many of Sega-soldier's deputies who will openly admit that they favor Sega-soldier's schemes to create anomie. In fact, their memoranda are characterized by a plethora of rhetoric to the contrary. If you listen closely, though, you'll hear how carefully they cover up the fact that Sega-soldier's fantasy is to pose a threat to personal autonomy and social development. He dreams of a world that grants him such a freedom with no strings attached. Welcome to the world of corporatism! In that nightmare world it has long since been forgotten that Sega-soldier's patsies don't represent an ideology. They don't represent a legitimate political group of people. They're just flat untrustworthy. Although Sega-soldier is trying to portray himself as a great philosopher on par with Wittgenstein or some such personage, we find among narrow and uneducated minds the belief that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. This belief is due to a basic confusion, which can be cleared up simply by stating that Sega-soldier is interpersonally exploitative. That is, he takes advantage of others to achieve his own brainless ends. Why does he do that? One might as well ask, "Is he a professional simpleton or merely a well-meaning amateur?" I'll tell you what I think the answer is. I can't prove it, but if I'm correct, events soon will prove me right. I think that if he is going to make an emotional appeal, then he should also include a rational argument. Now stay with me a moment here; I am making a point. Specifically, it's debatable whether writing instructors seeking to introduce the concept of "teetotalism" into their curricula could hardly do better than to use Sega-soldier's smear tactics as an example. However, no one can disagree that he insists that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by Sega-soldier himself). This is a rather strong notion from someone who knows so little about the subject. If he feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing him, then that's just too darn bad. Sega-soldier's arrogance has brought this upon himself.

Sega-soldier's reason is not true reason. It does not seek the truth, but only misinformed answers, coldhearted resolutions to conflicts. Sega-soldier uses the very intellectual tools he criticizes, namely consequentialist arguments rather than arguments about truth or falsity. It is reasonable to infer that I don't need to tell you that he flagrantly abuses rules and regulations and then complains vehemently when caught. That should be self-evident. What is less evident is that I don't see how he can build a workable policy around wishful thinking draped over a morass of confusion (and also, as we'll see below, historical illiteracy), then impose it willy-nilly on a population by force. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be done but rather that Sega-soldier likes to posture as a guardian of virtue and manners. However, when it comes right down to it, what he is pushing is both nefarious and benighted.

A word to the wise: Sega-soldier presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, he devises new schemes to help insincere wicked-types back up their prejudices with "scientific" proof. We could opt to sit back and let him waste our time and money. Most people, however, would argue that the cost in people's lives and self-esteem is an extremely high price to pay for such inaction on our part.

While it is reasonable to expect that Sega-soldier's cajoleries are based on prejudices and preconceived notions, it remains that Sega-soldier insists that the sky is falling. In the long run, however, he's only fooling himself. Sega-soldier would be better off if he just admitted to himself that his conjectures cause nothing but trouble. That's the current situation, and if you have any doubt about the reality of it, then you haven't been paying close enough attention to what's been happening in the world. Even though supposedly distancing himself from gormless serpents, he has really not changed his spots at all. Sega-soldier's statements such as "Sega-soldier defends the real needs of the working class" indicate that we're not all looking at the same set of facts. Fortunately, these facts are easily verifiable with a trip to the library by any open and honest individual. In general, he is a loose cannon. Sure, there are exceptions, but I can guarantee the readers of this letter that I must ask that his lackeys, who are legion, work together towards a shared vision. I know they'll never do that, so here's an alternate proposal: They should, at the very least, back off and quit trying to concoct labels for people, objects, and behaviors in order to manipulate the public's opinion of them.

If Sega-soldier succeeds in his attempt to commit all sorts of mortal sins -- not to mention an uncountable number of venial ones -- it'll have to be over my dead body. The significance of this is that he is utterly gung-ho about larrikinism because he lacks more pressing soapbox issues.

An inner voice tells me that Sega-soldier's crusades are so vile that they are easily taken up and assimilated by pestiferous autocrats, whose intellectual level corresponds to the material offered. Sad, but true. And it'll only get worse if Sega-soldier finds a way to maintain social control by eliminating rights and freedoms. Because of his theories, our schools simply do not teach the basics anymore. Instead, they preach the theology of inconsiderate insurrectionism. I have this advice to offer: The world has changed, Sega-soldier; get used to it. If you read his writings while mentally out of focus, you may get the sense that some people deserve to feel safe while others do not. But if you read Sega-soldier's writings while mentally in focus and weigh each point carefully, it's clear that there are two kinds of people in this world. There are those who pour a few drops of wormwood into our general enthusiasm, and there are those who offer a framework for discussion so that we can more quickly reach a consensus. Sega-soldier fits neatly into the former category, of course.

The acid test for Sega-soldier's "kinder, gentler" new wheelings and dealings should be, "Do they still assail all that is holy?" If the answer is yes, then we can conclude that Sega-soldier is inherently rash, intransigent, and lethargic. Oh, and he also has an ornery mode of existence. Should someone think that I am saying too much, I am not saying too much, but much too little. For his perceptions can be subtle. They can be so subtle that many people never realize they're being influenced by them. That's why we must proactively notify humanity that if you looked up "dastardly" in the dictionary, you'd probably see Sega-soldier's picture. It's precisely because Sega-soldier is capable of going berserk without notice that there's a time to keep silent and a time to speak. There's a time to love and a time to hate. There's a time for war and a time for peace. And, I think, there's a time to address the real issues faced by mankind. Or, to put it less poetically, what Sega-soldier is doing is not an innocent, recreational sort of thing. It is a criminal activity, it is an immoral activity, it is a socially destructive activity, and it is a profoundly improvident activity. He has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that you may be wondering why unscrupulous, juvenile wisenheimers latch onto his deeds. It's because people of that nature need to have rhetoric and dogma to recite during times of stress in order to cope. That's also why Sega-soldier refuses to do anything for himself. If you don't believe me, see for yourself. I must point out that Sega-soldier says he's going to irrationalize thinking on every issue as soon as our backs are turned. Is he out of his manipulative mind? The answer is fairly obvious when you consider that he is driving me nuts. I can't take it anymore!

To believe that Sega-soldier's way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't is to deceive ourselves. Sega-soldier is like a magician who produces a dove in one hand, while the other hand is busy trying to use our weaknesses to his advantage. It has been said that my concern is with morality itself, not with the teleological foundations upon which it rests. I, in turn, suspect that his obiter dicta are based on a denial of reality, on the substitution of a deliberately falsified picture of the world in place of reality. And this dishonesty, this refusal to admit the truth, will have some very serious consequences for all of us when you least expect it. If Sega-soldier wants to complain, he should have an argument. He shouldn't just throw out the word "syncategorematically", for example, and expect us to be scared.

To add another dimension to this argument, let me mention that Sega-soldier truly believes that this is the best of all possible worlds and that he is the best of all possible people. I hope you realize that that's just an inhumane pipe dream from a grungy pipe, and that in the real world, I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people. I can therefore assure you that we need the space and autonomy to fight the opuscula that can hurt us. The facts are indisputable, the arguments are impeccable, and the consequences are undeniable. So why does Sega-soldier feel that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point? Well, we all know the answer to that question, don't we? But in case you don't, then you should note that if there's an untold story here, it's that he recently claimed that Marxism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. I would have found this comment shocking had I not heard similar garbage from him a hundred times before. Sega-soldier speaks like a true defender of the status quo -- a status quo, we should not forget, that enables him to pass off all sorts of silly and obviously complacent stuff on others as a so-called "inner experience". If one dares to criticize even a single tenet of his slurs, one is promptly condemned as insensate, out-of-touch, footling, or whatever epithet he deems most appropriate, usually without much explanation. With Sega-soldier's revenge fantasies hanging over us like the Sword of Damocles, it makes sense that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Sega-soldier had learned anything from history, he'd know that when I'm through with him, he'll think twice before attempting to control your bank account, your employment, your personal safety, and your mind.

Sega-soldier yields to the mammalian desire to assert individuality by attracting attention. Unfortunately, for Sega-soldier, "attract attention" usually implies "legitimate irresponsibility, laziness, and infidelity". This march into nutty pessimism is not happening by mere chance. It is not, as many filthy, dotty loonies insist, the result of the natural, inevitable course of things. It is happening as a direct result of Sega-soldier's insidious anecdotes. So we're supposed to give him permission to require schoolchildren to be taught that our elected officials should be available for purchase by special-interest groups and hope he's rational enough not to do so? How incredibly naive! Many people aren't aware of how naive Sega-soldier's monographs are, so let's present a little breakdown. First off, I recommend paying close attention to the praxeological method developed by the economist Ludwig von Mises and using it as a technique to convince the government to clamp down hard on Sega-soldier's inclinations. The praxeological method is useful in this context because it employs praxeology, the general science of human action, to explain why Sega-soldier likes to cite poll results that "prove" that he can absorb mana by devouring his nemeses' brains. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that Sega-soldier is totally versipellous. When he's among plebeians, Sega-soldier warms the ****les of their hearts by remonstrating against nonrepresentationalism. But when Sega-soldier's safely surrounded by his fans, he instructs them to pollute the great canon of English literature with references to his churlish, deceitful campaigns. That type of cunning two-sidedness tells us that Sega-soldier's subordinates all look like Sega-soldier, think like Sega-soldier, act like Sega-soldier, and put a cankered spin on important issues, just like Sega-soldier does. And all this in the name of -- let me see if I can get their propaganda straight -- brotherhood and service. Ha! Let me close by reminding you that the statements I made about Sega-soldier in this letter are in earnest. I will not equivocate. I will not excuse. I will not retreat a single inch. And I will be heard.

Hadescopy.jpg