Star Rangers II ships to NA

Llyranor

• 1 month later...

Starforce is not a real problem on most computers. It's lame, but most people won't even notice it. If you have pirated stuff on your PC, it's an issue, but you really just have a small percentage of people going on the internet and spreading their troubles like wildfire. It's the same thing with the Xbox 360. The percentage of faulty systems is fairly low, but it's a huge issue because of internet chatter.

I prefer not to buy a game that has copy protection or needs the CD/DVD in the drive for it often slows down gameplay so I remove it the best I can. I did pay for the game, not for the copy protection. I shouldn't have software on my computer that I do not want.

Quick update.

The game is now available STARFORCE-FREE via digital download on http://www.direct2drive.com

I only get games if I can get the CD :thumbsup:

Pass. :(

maybe you can burn the game onto a cd?

am having dsl at home. one wonders just how long it would take to download that game. might consider if we coulds manage to use our office connection for the inevitable interminable download process. problem is we cannot let anybody from office know we is downloading games at work. download pr0n would be more acceptable than would be downloading games.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That's a wicked idea :wub:

I guess it would depend on if it's an .exe you could download or if it installs while you download. (like the nwn patches)

I have absolutely no clue (w00t)

Anyone want to explain how this all works? :wub:

There's a good chance I'm wrong, but I believe digital purchases also give you a license to play the game, which can't be easily replicated onto a CD. I did it once and I think that's what they said.

It's like a piece of code that is checked every time you run the game. If you don't have the license, it shouldn't run. I'm not technical at all though, so this could just be my simplified brain trying to comprehend something.

There's a good chance I'm wrong, but I believe digital purchases also give you a license to play the game, which can't be easily replicated onto a CD.  I did it once and I think that's what they said.

Well, I'm not wanting to do this to play off a CD... I'd want to do this to backup my purchase.

It'd suck to buy this, reformat and then be out of luck.

I've yet to have that happen.

The most "restrictive" download I had was one license that only let me install 5 times. At first I was thinking "Boo-urns." But then I thought about it....it's not a very big game, I have mountains of HD space, and I don't exactly reformat every 60 days.

Depends on what you are getting into. As far as I can tell, my Galactic Civilizations one has no limit.

D2D lets you download as often as you want. Apparently, you can only install in one computer at a time. If you reinstall it somewhere else, it renews the license and makes the old one obsolete.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Direct2Drive policy:

Your purchase stays in our records, so you can download and re-install your game anytime in the event of a hard drive crash. Of course, you can always back up your downloaded game to a CD as well - each time you install your game, our digital-rights management server will check the number of active licenses you have (the number of copies you are allowed to run at the same time.) Don't worry - if you ever have any trouble activating your license or downloading your game again, our customer support team is always here to help you out.

http://www.direct2drive.com/staticpage.aspx?topic=about

I just bought the game :D

That doesn't make any sense at all, as most games just require the CD in the drive when loading the game.

I install the game then put the disc back in its packaging. Get a No CD patch and plug it in.

No need to have the disc in the machine and its nice and safe in a secure location in case I need to do a reinstall.