Star Rangers II ships to NA

Llyranor

Okay, so the game is shipping to North America. Isn't this supposed to be a surprisingly good game? Why aren't you losers talking about it?

Any plans on a demo?

.... Does it use Starforce?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

What kind of game is this?  :)

unfortunately it doesn't matter, as starforce is the worst copy protection device we has ever had the displeasure of encountering.

space rangers 2 is kinda a genre blending sci-fi trade and combat model with rpg elements and lots o' player freedom.

but, as it will never be loaded on Gromnir's rig...

*sigh*

were really looking forward to this one too.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Would it work to install the game, add a certain kind of patch, and then run the Starforce Remover? I've used the remover in the past and it works. Question is, would the game still run afterwards?

edit: There's a demo out if anyone's brave enough to try.

Edited by baby arm

Okay, I'll bite. Someone fill me in on why this particular copy protection scheme is so objectionable.

The game certainly has my interest-- I haven't played a decent space trading game since Starflight 2.

1) They promote piracy. Linking to torrent sites because someone mentioned a game that doesn't use Starforce is still selling well is the definition of unprofessionalism. It's like those mobsters; "give us protection money, or we sack your store". Right.

2) Brief summary http://www.glop.org/starforce/

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It plays like Star Control (the Urquan Masters), so if you like that game you will most likely like it as well.

Edit: That's assumed that we are talking about Space Rangers 2, and not Star Rangers.

Edited by Pagan

It plays like Star Control (the Urquan Masters), so if you like that game you will most likely like it as well.

Edit: That's assumed that we are talking about Space Rangers 2, and not Star Rangers.

Ah, ok, cool. I did play The Urquan Masters for about 2hrs and it seemed helluva fun. Should get back to playing it again at some point, really...

Funny little tidbit about this game's title:

I used to work in a QA company and there we had a team localizing Space Rangers 1, around Christmas time 2003.

In their emails and conversations, the Producer was calling the game Space Rangers and the Designer was calling it Star Rangers.

It was hilarious because we were caught in this big fewd between them and the game kept switching title from one localization version to another, right up until the end of the project.

Guess that bug is still there...

:blink: