Where's Alderaan?

Alderaan? There are plenty of planets they did not do that are interesting but I doubt they would have time to do them. Just be happy with what was done.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Maybe because there was nothing to see on Alderan.

k1= One of core worlds, no fighting. Karath mentions like Leia in movies, that they are peaceful people. What to do with lighsabers there? (Kotors are combat based after all)

k2: Nearly same thing. One of core worlds.

Though I really hope, that we can see it or Coruscant on k3 (if there will be such)

A good a place as any for those DS lovers

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'm not saying that Alderaan is covered in one contiguous metropolis like Coruscant, just that it is a highly advanced, urbane Core World. I stand by the premise that, if you include Alderaan, you will probably not include Coruscant.

But Alderaan would be nice, and I really wouldn't mind seeing it in a game.

Aldera.jpg

I agree that the temptation to do too much with Kun would be there on Yavin 4. Not only is Kun's spirit there, but so is Sadow's sarcophagus...VERY significant DS place.

Just because they would have to be careful, though, doesn't mean they shouldn't do it. It has the potential of providing some really good content.

That picture is of the actual capital of the entire planet, and as such it's not exactly proof that Alderaan is an urbane world. The fact that you chose that one image of all those available suggests

This is actually quite obvious to anyone, who bothers to go through the admittidly demanding task of actually reading the description of the world:

"Considered the "Shining Star" of the Core Worlds, wild grasslands and old mountain ranges dominated the planet's land surface. Large oceans and scattered inland seas provided the planet with ideal conditions for a large variety of flora and fauna to develop. As such, Alderaan was the homeworld of some of the galaxy's most famous animals, such as the nerf and the thranta. Alderaanian cities were often built with great care taken to protect nature. One city was built on the walls of a canyon, nearly invisible from above. Other cities were built on stilts along the shoreline or under the polar ice. The capital, Aldera, known for its university, was built on a small island in the center of a caldera."

I hope you do see that your choice to include precisely that one image while omitting the others, which do not support your flawed position, can be construed that you are trying to misrepresent the facts. That does not make for the best basis for an informed discussion, I fear.

<snip>

I hope you do see that your choice to include precisely that one image while omitting the others, which do not support your flawed position, can be construed that you are trying to misrepresent the facts. That does not make for the best basis for an informed discussion, I fear.

eh, I'm not interested in having a chest-thumping contest with you. I think you know exactly what I'm getting at.

but your point does dovetail nicely into the idea of visiting more than just the starport...with very few execptions, we haven't done that yet.

Alderaan does seem to break out of the SW mold of having, essentially, only one prominent terrain feature and that is certainly a good thing.

but your point does dovetail nicely into the idea of visiting more than just the starport...with very few execptions, we haven't done that yet.

Alderaan does seem to break out of the SW mold of having, essentially, only one prominent terrain feature and that is certainly a good thing.

We agree there. It was nice to see that Telos had grasslands as well as an icy polar region in K2, which was a nice change from the usual planetary philosophy of Star Wars, which seems to be "one terrain fits all"...

In truth, I was surprised to see Alderaan in Ep. III, because we followed Organa's ship over the icecovered mountains, and I went "what? Alderaan is an ice world?!?" until he reached the port, and the scene then switched to him and his wife with the infant Leia. I had already read about what Alderaan looked like, so I was really thrown, but I suppose it just goes to show how used I've become to the "one terrain fits all"-idea when it comes to Star Wars... :thumbsup:

One place in which both KotOR1 and KotOR2 dropped the ball was in not including Alderaan as a playable region. In the original trilogy, Alderaan is destroyed and in the prequel trilogy we only see brief glimpses of Alderaan.

Given that both KotOR games are set in the distant past, there was a great opportunity to give fans a taste of Alderaan, and that opportunity was passed up.

I wouldn't at all mind seeing Alderaan in a possible K3. As you said, Alderaan is destroyed during the OT era. By this very precedent, it's an untapped resource which doesn't have any 'cannonic' connotations which occur during the EU. This would give any would-be-developers of K3 a high degree of freedom to work with. Plus, it would offer something even to die hard EU fans, as they probably know very little about this planet.

manthing2.jpg

Alderaan would be nice as would Kessel (Han talks about "making the Kessel Run"). 

Nah. Kessel would be horrible. I read about it in the Jedi Academy Trilogy and there's not much to see there.

Although Alderaan was mentioned in K1 by Saul Karath I don't think it would fit into the kotor enviroment. It would be better left in a cutscene like Coruscant was in K2.

id like to see corascant and yavin, they would be pretty cool. it would be kind of cool to see a couple of new planets introduced, also, like planets in the unknown regions where revan and the exile went. maybe a few planets that had only been mentioned by name, like sullust, vortex, etc...

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

No Yavin AGAIN! Some new planets please

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Alderaan would be nice as would Kessel (Han talks about "making the Kessel Run"). 

Nah. Kessel would be horrible. I read about it in the Jedi Academy Trilogy and there's not much to see there.

Although Alderaan was mentioned in K1 by Saul Karath I don't think it would fit into the kotor enviroment. It would be better left in a cutscene like Coruscant was in K2.

kessel, nah its just some barron dessert wasteland... i think - with its main purpose, a prison planet

maybe yavin, like already mentioned it has significance to the DS and not really seen in much depth just glimpses (a bit in E4 not much though)

Edited by Revan_Returns

*sigh* Yavin is in nearly every EU book after ep 6

And it is in Exar Kun comics, in Jedi Outcast, in Jedi Academy etc... It is nearly bad as Tatooine

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

And it is in Exar Kun comics, in Jedi Outcast, in Jedi Academy etc... It is nearly bad as Tatooine

Yeah, I agree.

I'd much rather see Coruscant, Alderaan, Sleheyron, Myrkr, Khar Delba (and Khar Shian), Thule and Ziost (the last four (counting Khar Shian) are worlds of the ancient Sith)

Khar Delba would be good indeed :lol: And Thule & Ziost too and Coruscant of course. (Sleheyron, Alderaan ja Myrkr would be fun too, but I'm not sure how they can bring them to plot, if there'll be k3. Unless they could be planets competely outside of main plot. Man, that would be COOL (w00t))

Urgh...caves. (cave means in crpg: walk-whack-whack-whack-smash-XP-walk-whack-whack-whack-smash-XP) <_<

Dantooine doesn't play a pivotal role in the movies, but serves as a link between TOTJ and KOTOR (another one was Jolee) by showing the Jedi Academy founded by Vodo-Siosk Baas forty-some years ago, where he trained Exar Kun. The current design seen in both KOTOR games, the Shadows and Light comic and KOTOR: Commencement, however, originated with the first game.

And forget Earth. It's in another galaxy. Not to mention being inhabited by a backwater civilization of near-humans who can't even use the Force.

Edited by Sikon

I have no problem with Dantooine being something of a "base of operations" throughout this franchise. Worlds like Coruscant and Alderaan do not, IMO, have to be playable....extented cameo cutscenes would suffice.

Alderaan does not allow weapons so it would not really make a good "pit stop". I do, however, like the idea of a destination that has no bearing on the main plot but can be used as a trading outpost.

Nar Shadda would work well for that as would the Yavin Space Station or even Tatooine.

Yeah, I agree.

I'd much rather see Coruscant, Alderaan, Sleheyron, Myrkr, Khar Delba (and Khar Shian), Thule and Ziost (the last four (counting Khar Shian) are worlds of the ancient Sith)

I can't remember but wasn't Sleheyron cut from K1