What Did You Like About Kotor 2?

It has been a while since I made a thread. So the question is, what did you like about Kotor 2? The path you take in alignment? Influencing others? The items that you find? What is it?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I liked the ending. light one at least. if you listen to the jedi on Dantooine, they explain evrything.

and i liked kreia. shes one of the two smartest sith lords ever.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It has been a while since I made a thread. So the question is, what did you like about Kotor 2? The path you take in alignment? Influencing others? The items that you find? What is it?

I liked the settings, ranged, grenade, and jedi support a lot. I use ranged with many characters, and when a foe would get close they would melee, very well done.

I like having an option to switch two weapon configurations a lot as well.

The robes looked much nicer imho; in #1 I would not wear one, in this game I did.

Creating items at the benches was really nice. There were many times I never found enough light sabers, parts or even ranged/melee upgrades to fully upgrade everyone

i liked the influence, how you utilized all of your skills in conversations, the ability to make most of your friends (or servents, depending on how you look at them) into jedi/sith, and of course, showing containers as empty. also i liked how the game took a deeper look into the force and echoes, and how you choices, or lack of choices, affected those around you and the galaxy. kreia, also, was an interesting character, not your typical stereotyped villian. i actually felt bad for her in the end, and i didnt want to kill her. and last, HK is a party member. that makes up for the bad party members *cough cough disciple*

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

I really liked the characters. They were all very well written (probobly have my man Chris Av to thank for that). It was interesting how each character was written to appear as a stereotype and than reveal later that they are everything but.

swesbrly5iz.gif

I liked the ending. light one at least. if you listen to the jedi on Dantooine, they explain evrything.

LOL the LS ending was one of the worse endings i have come across in a game, the ebon hawk flies off malachor 5 boom :( such cuttage...

i like the infulencing, better gfx, the robes, the fact that you could make more open ended decisions compared to K1, kill jedis ect. better DS/LS appearances, more force powers/feats, more choices with prestige, turning members into jedi, too bad it wasnt finished :(

I liked the concept of the influence engine. I wish it could have been expanded, say for instance losing influence with Bao-Dur simply for not taking him with you on a mission that played into his strengths. I know at lot of people have commented on wanting an influence meter, but I would rather leave it alone, as you don't get an influence meter in life. Rather I would like to see the party member's attitude toward you change based on your influence with them.

I also like the idea that you can play it as complex or as simple as you want. e.g. sometimes I am working on one specific aspect of the game and don't want to take the type to custom level up the party members, etc.

I liked my Exile

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Everything related to the darkside

But the only thing i hate...it's Hanharr....and the fat sphere GO-TO

I love the darkside appeareance...you can see all the details on the exile face.. and that's great

The robe is very well made

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

I like a lot KotOR TSL. What I hate, though, are the bugs and especially the cut ending.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The influence system s*cked IMO. I'm not influencing my companions a way to show them that "look man/girl... look how great the LS/DS is!". I'm just doing temporary LS things to show them yeah... I can act LS too! But now that you are enough influenced by me - I can act DS when you aren't looking and you'll become like me!

The alignement didn't mean anything when speaking of your companions - they still acted the same way.

I even got so pissed with the influence system that I'm remaking dialog scripts so that they depend on experience, not influence and your influence with characters doesn't change at all - I modify it with cheats so that they have the alignement they really show with their actions.

OK so ehm... what do I like about K2.

I liked the whole motive with the Ice Academy but sadly after 650DAN Atris got the common role of "Kreia puppet" instead of something more.

I liked the idea of Nihilus and his power. I liked him until after 650DAN which... well - like with Atris.

Sion was cool with his hyper-regeneration powers. Though he's just another puppet and he even belongs to the group "puppets of Kreia" more than the rest with his damn whining (where the hell did he get all that damn sentiment to Kreia all of a sudden??)

OK really - Dxun/Onderon was a nice change for the story because the Exile actually means alot there - doing things on his/her own not because the Force or Kreia pushed his/her lazy butt into it.

Dantooine's quest was well built though when you side with the Mercs it kinda gets alot cheaper so even on DS it's not worth it.

Some funny moments (speaches and your dialog options) - I'm glad that there weren't much less of these than in K1.

Creating new items was a nice addition though the requirements for some (40 Treat Injury!!??) made them available only at Malachor when they were practically useless by then since you got many better items at that time.

If K1 and K2 were cars then K1's a really nice one and K2's an awesome, same class as K1 only a little better car but after this massacre head collision crash with an armored vehicle.

the dialogue along with the infulence should have been a bit more defined with more option,

for example

-Loose influence from character gain LS points

-Loose influence from character gain DS points

-Gain influence from character gain LS points

-Gain influence from character gain DS points

-Gain influence

-Lose influence

these options should have been available at significant points when talking to characters or actions

the dialogue along with the infulence should have been a bit more defined with more option,

for example

-Gain influence

-Lose influence

these options should have been available at significant points when talking to characters or actions

Nope. They couldn't do that because after doing sth smart like Gain influence+DS with a LS char wouldn't leave any place for Kreia to put her 2 cents in.

Moreover such actions are told to be "Manipulative" and the Exile couldn't have had them because that would bring competition to Kreia.

Starting the game with the thought "the Exile is dumb and doesn't know anything about manipulation and the gray side" makes it alot easier to accept the dialog options you are given.

Liked the story - I appreciate the effort Obsidian put in.

I liked Kreia.

I liked the influence system but it needs improvements. It felt great when you manipulated Atton into giving in to the dark side; lousy when your party members reacted according to their original alignments rather than their new ones.

Although realistically, a lightside character wouldn't completely abandon their compassion even if they turned - they wouldn't be human if they were not assailed by their conscience.

So I considered it realistic that Brianna didn't pretend to have no qualms killing innocents.But then again you shouldn't lose influence with her if you admonish her and there should have been a gradual change in principles from her as the game progressed.

for example

-Gain influence

-Lose influence

Nope. They couldn't do that because after doing sth smart like Gain influence+DS with a LS char wouldn't leave any place for Kreia to put her 2 cents in.

Moreover such actions are told to be "Manipulative" and the Exile couldn't have had them because that would bring competition to Kreia.

Starting the game with the thought "the Exile is dumb and doesn't know anything about manipulation and the gray side" makes it alot easier to accept the dialog options you are given.

<_< i say we kick out kreia

i liked the fact that when yopu come back to a foot locker you already opened, it will say "nothing" and i won't waste my time opening thousands of empty lockers.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

for example

-Gain influence

-Lose influence

<_< i say we kick out kreia

If Atris had more of these voiced lines about being Darth Traya... it would definitely be possible to do that or at least weaken her role :lol: