The High Res Patch

Ok I got this patch form the IGN.com forums. I dled the 1 gb patch and installed and it didnt work. Then I did a fresh install of the game and dled each patch seperately from the link I found on these fourms. My problem is that the movies are still playing in 640x480 while my in game is on 1280x1024 on high with 2xaa and 4xaf. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

The two movies are "Fall of Keira", "Nihilus, Visas intro".  Team Gizka has a fix for the Nihilus Visas one, but not for the Fall of Keira.  You see "Fall of Keira through convo with her.  You see the Mihilus Visas intro depending on light/dark side level.

http://team-gizka.org/

Hmm I checked it out and it doesn't solve my problem. In game the movies play on 640x480 low res but I have a bink player installed and I ran them fine in high res on my desktop although some of them were in widescreen format.

Did I install something wrong somewhere? I did exactly what the read me say to do on the install.

I dled everything and did a fresh install again and did the movie patch b4 the game patch then updated the game and the movies still look like ass.

Would adding a .ini to a file force the movies into playing in a higher res.

Then they should be playing in 1024/768 res.  If only the movies are still low res then that rules out a setting forces low res graphics.

Hmm it may be a setting. I went into the config file and manually changed the res of the movies to 1024/768 to see if that helped and it didn't.

Then they should be playing in 1024/768 res.  If only the movies are still low res then that rules out a setting forces low res graphics.

Hmm it may be a setting. I went into the config file and manually changed the res of the movies to 1024/768 to see if that helped and it didn't.

Still no luck, but I beat the game on light side.

The videos are 640x480 ONLY if your monitor don't support the resolution of 1600x1200 or higher, because the Bink videos can't be scaled neither to a smaller or a higher resolution in the game. To scale the videos to a different resolution from the original, you must use a special program, and this program use very much CPU-resources in the process of rescaling the videos! And, if I remember correctly, KotOR2 don't resize the videos, instead plays them at their hard-coded resolution (640x480 for the original ones, 1600x1200 for the new versions)!

If you have a 17 inches or bigger monitor who support at least the 1600x1200 resolution, your monitor will automatically switch to the 1600x1200 resolution (like it has switched automatically until now at 640x480) before playing any videos, and will play the videos at that resolution, but it may be possible that you must use the 1600x1200 resolution also in the game so that KotoR2 play the new videos (I have only played both KotORs at 1600x1200)!

Edited by Luke77

I run the high res patch at 1024/768 res. I did once with out the patch. I can tell the difference between the two. But to effectively run 1600/1200 you'll need more closer to a 23" moniter, I have a 19" and it can barely do 1280x1024 while maintaining a 85hertz refresh rate and have readable standerd size text.