The Godfather

karka

BREAKING NEWS: Bad news for EA again. Just weeks after Black was leaked onto the Internet, yet another EA game has been leaked this time it's The Godfather.

EA's game adapation of the classic movie has been spotted on various Torrent Sites with the PC, XBOX and PS2 versions, as well as XDCC aggregation sites.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I've been playing this game for about 10 hours now, I'm about halfway through the movie.

It is definitely a GTA3 clone.

It is definitely a GOOD GTA3 clone.

The story is parallel to the first movie, you play some guy who has something to do with some unseen events in the film, such as hiding the gun in the bathroom for Michael Corleone and other interestingly designed missions.

Your character is fully customizable, from the clothes on his back to the color of his eyes.

New York is very well reproduced and driving through it is fun.

Combat is also very fun, both for gunfights and fistfights with plenty of options and moves for both.

Voice acting is superb.

It has some RPG elements.

Cool unlockables.

Great music and sounds.

My system is medium and it plays very well, unpatched. No CTD yet although I do believe there is a memory leak as it slows down to a near stop ON OCCASION, when I have other progs in the background.

If you enjoyed GTA3 and up, you will like this for sure.

Overall I find Gamespot's review to be quite accurate.

When is somebody going to use this engine/design for a Star Wars game?

Edited by astr0creep

When George pulls his head out of his ever-growing-fatter neck.

Spell that N-E-V-E-R.

The Godfather Game is...meh. Sure, it's a GTA 3 clone, but it's mediocre at best, and their interpretation of New York reminded me of Liberty City, a little too much. A lot of the time I half expected the next mission to involve blowing up a fish factory*.

*See the mission "Blow Fish" for GTA 3

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

When George pulls his head out of his ever-growing-fatter neck.

Spell that N-E-V-E-R.

The Godfather Game is...meh. Sure, it's a GTA 3 clone, but it's mediocre at best, and their interpretation of New York reminded me of Liberty City, a little too much. A lot of the time I half expected the next mission to involve blowing up a fish factory*.

*See the mission "Blow Fish" for GTA 3

At least there are no remote control helicopters! GRR!

But it does get repetitive if you stear away from the storyline missions. You basically extort people between missions. Not much else to do. And the money you get(weekly pay is a nice touch) isn't all that usefull so far(about 10 hours in).

I think the fun is in reliving the events of the movie through another perspective. I am at the point where Sonny is preparing a war so I guess thats about 75% of the movie missions but there will still be a lot to do after that, although it will still be extortion and warehouse takeovers.

I'm expecting the game to get boring when the movie missions are done(but I like it a lot so far, sorry).

The weapons sound well and are better in some situations(the Tommy for vehicles and groups, shotgun for close quarters, etc) but I've been doing fine with the .38 Luca gave me at the start, no upgrades. Because most enemies can be killed with one shot to the head and it's easy to do so. Could be a problem for some.

I would compare it more to Mafia, although that game was definitaly better(I prefered Mafia over GTA3 and VC, sorry again), and not just because of the subject matter. Gameplay, graphics, sounds, story, etc are very similar.

Mafia was harder also.