Hold a sec

Of course it will be xbox exclusive the first two were. And microsoft what the 'RPG' console title.

<_< I hate to point this out (well no I don’t) but I have a computer and have played the first KOTOR I also plan on playing the second KOTOR.

Bad things happen to people who decide to release KOTOR3 only for Xbox.

Just becasue Bioware did the first KOTOR donent mean they own it. If Obistan do a better job of kotor 2, then i think there in a leauge of their own.

I agree. Lucas arts owns the KotOR license I would assume. And them picking Obsidian for KotORII doesn't IMO make them a hand me down company from Bioware. It will give some major comp tho. If Obsidian makes KotORIII then BioWare may feel neglected?

I would love for KotORIII to be an Xbox 2 launch title tho.

Ambrosia3.gif

It is almost guaranteed, assuming The Sith Lords does well, that KotOR3 is in the roadmap. And it isn't quite such a bad chance of happening at all. Companies these days are already starting to develop launch titles for the next series of consoles due to arrive next year. If Lucasarts continues their development trend, then I wouldn't be surprised if a next-gen KotOR3 will go in development two months before The Sith Lords hits stores.

As for the Bioware "hand-me-downs", I really don't mind at all. Obsidian and Bioware are almost the same company, historically and definitely presently. Though I have never finished a Black Isle game (Baldur's Gate II is just slightly too difficult for me), I get the impression that Obsidian is going to perfect what Bioware started. And if their past achievements are compared, I am confident that they will take the franchises they are currently assigned above and beyond will Bioware did.

As for the Bioware "hand-me-downs", I really don't mind at all. Obsidian and Bioware are almost the same company, historically and definitely presently. Though I have never finished a Black Isle game (Baldur's Gate II is just slightly too difficult for me), I get the impression that Obsidian is going to perfect what Bioware started. And if their past achievements are compared, I am confident that they will take the franchises they are currently assigned above and beyond will Bioware did.

That's exactly what I think. You know, I kind of like their partnership right now. Bioware makes the technology, Obsidian Entertainment makes the game. It feels fine to me. It feels more like a joint venture than "hand-me-down".

I could agree with that ampulator. Its kind of like Bioware is protecting Obsidian and allowing it to gather its strength before these guys can get out on their own again. Its just rough for new companies.

Who knows, maybe one day in Bioware's old age they'll be taking hand-offs from Obsidian! Its a nice thought at least....that and Project Hawaii.