What games do the developers play?

mkreku

Is True Crime any good?

Unfortunately, I found it to be a less enjoyable GTA3. Your mileage may vary.

Also, going with LA as a setting was a little too ambitious, I think. Merging from the 110 on to the 10 with only three or four other cars in view just wrecked the immersion for me.

Action type games seems to be predominant here (with the possible exception of Akari), so are we to assume that these guys don't like/play crpgs ? :p

Or is it just that quality crpgs are in short supply and you are doing something about it (please ?)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just out of curiosity, not nessasarily getting at anything, but I noticed no dev listed that they played KOTOR recently. I'm sure you guys just forgot, eh? B)

I'm not familiar with that 'KOTOR' game. Is it an acronym for something?

As far as RPGs go, I try to play as many as I can (both PC and Console). I also think it is important to play plenty of non-RPGs.

Just out of curiosity, not nessasarily getting at anything, but I noticed no dev listed that they played KOTOR recently. I'm sure you guys just forgot, eh? B)

As far as RPGs go, I try to play as many as I can (both PC and Console). I also think it is important to play plenty of non-RPGs.

So have you played Arx Fatalis ?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

So have you played Arx Fatalis ?

I have Arx Fatalis, but I haven't truly played it yet. I spent about 5 minutes trying to get past the interface which ended with me grunting 'Frank Smash' at the keyboard and mouse. It looks to have promise, interface problems aside, so I'm sure I'll get back to it.

The sad thing is I have a bunch of games that I have bought through the years, where I haven

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

It's been awhile, but I played Arx Fatalis. It was reminiscent of the classic Ultima Underworld series. I enjoyed the game, and even got into the rune casting thing. My expectations of the game were pretty low, though, so I was pleasantly surprised and that might color my evaluation of it.

I've been playing Sacred, Battlefield: Vietnam, and just picked up Mark of Kri. And any day I keep hoping to hear that City of Heroes has a slot for me. Yay! :lol:

-Ferret

And any day I keep hoping to hear that City of Heroes has a slot for me. Yay! :)

-Ferret

I think that City of Heroes has great potential to be terrible. Players cannot play villains, so having thousands of super heroes running around a city fighting AI villains...bleh.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Michael Chu

I just picked up Baldur's Gate II after not touching it for many many years. I'm also trying to work through Syberia so that I can go right into Syberia II (which I'm moderately enthused about). I've also been squeezing in Farcry and UT2K4 whenever I get a free moment. Oh, and Broken Sword 3 is sort of watching me over my shoulder asking me to play it again.

My games are so needy.

I've also got the new GameCube Harvest Moon title staring at me, but it's having trouble competing with my playoff-fever-induced ESPN NBA Basketball sessions (go Lakers!).

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I was thinking about going through Planescape: Torment again a weekend ago, but couldn't figure out how to get out of the first room! ;)

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I was thinking about going through Planescape: Torment again a weekend ago, but couldn't figure out how to get out of the first room! ;)

;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein