I just bought an Xbox360

Meshugger

Me and the girlfriend went out shopping a new bed but couldn't find any at a suitable price, so thought buying a sofa arose instead, only find out that there wasn't one for a suitable price either. So, frutrated, we saw some boxes of Xbox360 while shopping groceries at the local market, we bought the Premium one (20gb HDD, wireless controller, yadda yadda...).

Problem is, that we later realized that no demo disc was included and the only Xbox 1-game that we haven't tried out yet isn't compatible with the Xbox360 (Morrowind). So, after becoming bored of testing the load-times of Xbox games that DO work with the new one (KotOR 1 & 2, JE and Halo 1 & 2), it just sits there, looking like a post-modern furniture.

I'm picking up Oblivion when it's released, it better not suck.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You really should have waited a few more months before buying it. Right now there aren't really any super-duper-mega-cool games out there for the Xbox 360 that really warrants a buy.

Perhaps Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.. Not really a RPG though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just got one two weeks ago, so don't bother listening to all these envious naysayers. First of all, if you can get a broadband connection running into it, you've got some pretty good demo options. I recommend the Marble game, and the free puzzle games are pretty decent as well.

Secondly, the best bang for your buck title for me has been Amped. It's a snowboarding game. which I generally have no interest in, but the controls are easy to jump into and the cut scenes are absolutely hilarious.

Oblivion is out tomorrow, so otherwise you've got a short wait.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Of all the arcade games, marble madness is kinda...fun for 20 minutes atleast. Halo 2 on Live was "meh". I can't download any of the game-demos(the arcades went fine) at the Live marketplace though, and i have 10/10mbit connection. Each.and.everyone.of.them gets stuck at 5% and then i get the message "connection lost". I even opened the necessary ports (88 and 3074), but that didn't help either.

I will not use Live other than for content update in the future.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Xbox 360 Backup Discs Bootable

Posted by Zonk on Saturday March 18, @07:33PM

from the new-milestone dept.

An anonymous reader writes "The firmware of the Xbox 360 DVD drive has been hacked, allowing users to boot backups of games on the new Microsoft console. A group of hackers on the xboxhacker.net forum managed to trick the DVD firmware into reporting a recordable disc as an original Xbox 360 disc. This means that it will not allow booting of unsigned homebrew code (like Linux), as the signature check is not bypassed. This hack will just trick the Xbox 360 into thinking you inserted an original Xbox 360 disc, so it'll only boot unedited executables. A video has been released, the hack has not been released to the public (because it will be mainly used for piracy), but all the research of the last few months is publicly viewable."

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have no clue what that means.

It means it'll be possible to mod an X360 via software rather than hardware and thus allow for the easy playing of pirated games.

In it's rush to become first, M$ shot itself in the foot by creating an easy to pirate console :)

Of course, Epiphany would say this is a marketing strat to get people to buy more consoles... since they'll be able to play the games for free. :-"

It's a brilliant strategy, killing M$ two-fold by making them lose money via increasing sales of consoles, and eliminating their source of compensatory revenue by reducing software sales.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

DoA 4 was fairly fun. If you can get past the boobs, or play it drunk.

Not that I bought it, mind you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Try CoD 2 on veteran, Project Gotham 3, or Condemned.

Edited by sucky

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I have no clue what that means.

It means it'll be possible to mod an X360 via software rather than hardware and thus allow for the easy playing of pirated games.

In it's rush to become first, M$ shot itself in the foot by creating an easy to pirate console :(

Of course, Epiphany would say this is a marketing strat to get people to buy more consoles... since they'll be able to play the games for free. :("

Yes, in a totally bankrupt kind of way. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Try CoD 2 on veteran, Project Gotham 3, or Condemned.

How did you link your gamer card in your signature? I was trying that for awhile and couldn't get it to show.

Go here then just follow the instructions.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.