nar shadda

ok im on nar shadda and i want the exchanges attention. i have done everything to get there attention except helping the refugee pilot and getting a transport for the refugee family. i know the red eclipese is supposed to show but they wont for some reason. if any of you know whats wrong or know how to get more attetion let me know.

You simply don't have the right balence of deeds done. Only takes 4 points in one direction of favor to get Red Eclipse to show. Need 7 points to get Viscus to call. If your actions balence out the favor so that that you don't have enough points in favor one way neither event will trigger. That will mean that you'll have to start the planet over.

Helping the Pilot and Helping the family can not be completed until you have gotten off G0T0's ship.

so what should i do. i dont quite understand what your saying. do you mean there is certain things that get you attention from one group and other things get you attension from the other? well when i first got to the planet i jumped ahead and did voggas horde and got my lightsaber part then i went back and helped the droid salesmen, the swoopbike droid, and then i went to the docks to do everything in the flophouse and help fassa (the frist time i played this is where the red eclipse showed up). but the red eclipse didnt show so i went and finished the refugee sector and now nothing will happen.

so what should i do. i dont quite understand what your saying. do you mean there is certain things that get you attention from one group and other things get you attension from the other?

No. There are a number of (about ten) things you can do on Nar Shaddaa, each with a LS and DS choice. When you have 4 DS or LS choices made, you get the Red Eclipse to show up. When you have made 7 DS or LS choices, you get the call from Visquis. It is possible to make choices so that you cannot get the call from Visquis, but I never heard of not getting the Eclipse.

I have ran into the thing where Visquis didn't call in one of my runs through. I even tried doing the planet over twice...at the thrid try I tried seeing if adjusting the numbers with KSE would work, but no thats all it did, was change the numbers and proved those mean nothing at all. My fourth go through I listened more closey to what was said and asked.

Heres one note. The numbers are not talied either way until you talk to the ex-bounty hunter. You must talk to this guy before ANY action you do is counted as a favor. The guy is right out side the swoopbike shop next tot he door...not swooptrack.

the red eclipse can be forced to do many things of your liking :)

The Red Eclipse is known for their generous donations to my party's well being. ;)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

the red eclipse can be forced to do many things of your liking :wub:

The Red Eclipse is known for their generous donations to my party's well being. ;)

Yes, they seem very interested in giving me credits... :)"

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

the red eclipse can be forced to do many things of your liking :ermm:

The Red Eclipse is known for their generous donations to my party's well being. :p

Yes, they seem very interested in giving me credits... :wub:"

the darkside can be very manipulative....

And profitable... :shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I have ran into the thing where Visquis didn't call in one of my runs through.  I even tried doing the planet over twice...at the thrid try I tried seeing if adjusting the numbers with KSE would work, but no thats all it did, was change the numbers and proved those mean nothing at all.  My fourth go through I listened more closey to what was said and asked.

Heres one note.  The numbers are not talied either way until you talk to the ex-bounty hunter.  You must talk to this guy before ANY action you do is counted as a favor.  The guy is right out side the swoopbike shop next tot he door...not swooptrack.

so if i dont talk to the ex bounty hunter the acts dont get counted light or dark? the first time i played i didnt talk to him and it worked fine but this past time i did talk to him and theres a problem. so what do you think.

I have ran into the thing where Visquis didn't call in one of my runs through.  I even tried doing the planet over twice...at the thrid try I tried seeing if adjusting the numbers with KSE would work, but no thats all it did, was change the numbers and proved those mean nothing at all.  My fourth go through I listened more closey to what was said and asked.

Heres one note.  The numbers are not talied either way until you talk to the ex-bounty hunter.  You must talk to this guy before ANY action you do is counted as a favor.  The guy is right out side the swoopbike shop next tot he door...not swooptrack.

so if i dont talk to the ex bounty hunter the acts dont get counted light or dark? the first time i played i didnt talk to him and it worked fine but this past time i did talk to him and theres a problem. so what do you think.

Nar Shadaa was a boring planet with annoying side quests

Onderon and Dantooine however were far more intersting

amen. nar shaddaa really sucks. it gets so boring and the music hurts my ears...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

i have only talked to him once and all the other times i got the message, no matter what combination of acts i took. i even got it so that the jedi master (cant spell his name) said i had thwarted the exchange but Visquis said i had aided them, despite having slaughtered all of the exchange in the refugee sector... >_<

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Yes. I have gone through Nar Shaada checking the event switchs with KSE. Now what does happen when you talk to that bounty hunter is it sets the "Exchange Favor" "Exchange Gap" values. After testing these values do nothing at all...don't even know why their tracked other then to waste resources. Now I thought you had to talk to him reguardless to get actions tracked.

ok i started the game over because i didnt have a save at the begining of nar shaddaa. this time i didnt talk to the ex-bounty hunter and the red eclipse showed up before i explored the docks or the refugee sector and the exchange showed up right after the red eclipse. the ex-bounty hunter was the problem. thanks for all your help.