FEAR Revisited and Revamped

WITHTEETH

The Inquirer Has an article about FEAR that tells how Nvidia's new drivers give it a major boost!

Under the name 84.21, the new driver brings improvements in PureVideo codec (H.264 acceleration for GeForce 6/7) and serious improvement in performance in the favourite game of most nV execs - F.E.A.R. The performance increase is similar to the one ATI experienced back at the time of X1800 launch - with 84.21, you get around 30-40% when enabling anti aliasing. The most moderate performance improvement, 17% was noted on a 6600 DDR2 card, while 7800GTX 256MB now finally has a playable framerate when 4xAA is enabled, giving a 38% performance boost.

Finally what i've been waiting for, ecvuse me now while I play it for the first time with these new drivers! ;)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Ah, too bad Rome:Total Realism disagrees with the newest of Nvidia drivers line and I have a Pontic campaign going. Otherwise I might give'em a go.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've been using these excellent drivers for awhile now. It was great finally being able to play at 1680*1050. Sadly, no 4x aa at that res...

BTW, an instant performance boost in FEAR is to turn off vsync. If you can't stand the tearing (like me), then leave vsync on, and download direct x tweaker to enable triple buffering.

Edited by Bokishi

I've been using these excellent drivers for awhile now. It was great finally being able to play at 1680*1050. Sadly, no 4x aa at that res...

BTW, an instant performance boost in FEAR is to turn off vsync. If you can't stand the tearing (like me), then leave vsync on, and download direct x tweaker to enable triple buffering.

The 84.21 drivers were just released March 17th, unless you're one of the fancy smancy BETA testers.

Well I've noticed a bit of a frame rate boost, but I still have the sound problem now. Maybe its time to get a new Sound card, I've had m Creative Sound Blaster:Live! Value edition for about 5 years now.

Its making a popping noise through the whole game, like my speakers are warn out, but of course its not my speakers, its just the game. Maybe my sound card cannot handle it. I have the newest drivers for my sound card, the game, and video card. :thumbsup:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig