Dark Messiah of M&M video preview at 1UP Show

funcroc

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148835

But Skip's on a mission - he's just completed the cover story for the next issue of CGW: a look at Ubisoft's upcoming FPAG (that's "First Person Action Game"), Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. The game sounds sort of like Oblivion, but maybe with smarter, more fun combat. Don't judge it too harshly from the footage--it looks like it's running pretty choppily. Still, Skip saw the game in its native land (France) and was impressed. We await a demo we can get our hands on!

Where did the "fantasy fps" go?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What was Dorothy's mantra?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The game sounds sort of like Oblivion, but maybe with smarter, more fun combat.

I'm confused. Why does he say this if the only thing the games have in common is uhh... nothing at all?

Umm... how about swords?

kirottu said:

• 2 weeks later...

Really the only game to do first person melee well was Thief. And it was horribly hard.

kirottu said:

I thought Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (help my fingers are bleeding from typing out the title) had awesome melee combat. Best I've seen in any game. It almost hurt in real life when you got hit over the nose in that game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I heard about that, but I never got he chance to try it out.

kirottu said:

http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/...ssiahmm/430522/

Bonehoard-vibes. Serious Bonehoard-vibes. It even has a rope arrow fer gods sake! :D I am so getting this game the day it goes gold.

kirottu said:

I thought Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (help my fingers are bleeding from typing out the title) had awesome melee combat. Best I've seen in any game. It almost hurt in real life when you got hit over the nose in that game.

Agreed, you won't find a better example of how FPS melee combat is supposed to work. Damn fine game, it manages to blend FPS, Adventure, close combat and sneaking almost flawlessly.