Remote and Go-to

I just entered the Ebon Hawk after Korriban, and there was a little cutscene with Go-to destroying Remote. I liked that little guy! There's no dialog or message about what that was all about. Why did that happen? Will he come back?

I just entered the Ebon Hawk after Korriban, and there was a little cutscene with Go-to destroying Remote.  I liked that little guy!  There's no dialog or message about what that was all about.  Why did that happen?  Will he come back?

Don't worry about the Remote...he'll be fine. Goto just had to do a little rewiring. You'll see the effects later in the game. :lol:

I believe that what happens depends on whether you go the dark side or light side ending. If the latter, then the little guy wins out (with help from the droids from the robot factory that never made it into the game) and Malachor V is destroyed; otherwise, the little guy is destroyed and Malachor V remains intact.

remote is anoying; at least G0T0 can change weapons and armor, has a back story, and has Confuse droid power. remote even sounds anoying, and just floats there. even in the end, he is not on my side (im always dark).

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

the remote is cool and he is a part of your party to a degree he comes when bao comes, and he does have a bit of a backstory, just not emphasised, goto on the other hand shouldnt have been granted the option of speaking <_<

the only thing I like about both those floating spheres is they look like mini-death stars. especially Goto. but remote is cuter. at least it doesn't speak (imagine if it did :-:o )

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

the only thing I like about both those floating spheres is they look like mini-death stars. especially Goto. but remote is cuter. at least it doesn't speak (imagine if it did  :o  :o )

in ep IV there where interrorgation droids, which looked exactly like goto

Mini Death Stars LOL. Too bad Remote did not have the power of a Death Star.

imagine if it did :thumbsup:

in Jedi Outcast, they have "seeker drones" which are a lot like disposable Remotes.

kind of neat.

yeah they look like the remote

Remote is just like that "training ball" from ep IV. Meh, Obsidian was lazy :rolleyes:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

A training ball with intelligence and a bad attitude. :rolleyes:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

so Goto is an interogation droid and remote is a seeker drone. that was lazy. how could those things exist 4000 years later?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"