24 survivor

Jediphile

People are dying like flies on 24 - who do you think buys it next?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. People are dying like flies on 24 - who do you think buys it next?

• Audrey Raines
    • Bill Buchanan
    • Chloe O'Brian
    • Curtis Manning
    • Barry Landes (Kim's new boyfriend)
    • Kim Bauer
    • Mike Novick
    • Agent Pierce (the President's bodyguard)
    • Martha Logan (the First Lady)
    • Jack Bauer

I probably could have thought of more (President Logan or Vice-President Gardner, for example), but I consider the above to be more likely.

Bragging rights go to those who get it right (assuming I included the correct main character).

I don't consider unknown characters or "crewman number six" (for those who've seen Galaxy Quest) to be relevant, nor the villains, just the major characters on the show.

Out of that list? I'd say Audrey Raines... that should be enough to tip Jack over the edge.

Actually, I think losing Kim would be worse for him.

Anyway, I'm going to cast my own vote for Bill Buchanan. Not because I don't like him (though James Morrison was definitely more of a bad... as Colonel McQueen on Space: Above and Beyond), but simply because the bosses have a bad habit of dying on 24 (Mason and Chapelle anyone?)

I haven't watched this current season (I don't tend to watch series as they air very often), but I can tell you who I'd like them to kill off...Kim Bauer.

God I hated her. I was so happy when last season didn't have her at all. Is she back? Ick.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Who is Chase ?

I'm getting the impression 24 the game is for people who watch the show.

I believe the events of the game happen between Season 2 and Season 3. Chase, IIRC, was another excellent field operative for CTU that came in between the seasons. He's probably a relatively recent recruit in the game.

Actually, I think losing Kim would be worse for him.

That is absolutely true, but i think a bitchy goodbye from Kim is the closest we'll get to Jack "losing" her.

Anyway, I'm going to cast my own vote for Bill Buchanan. Not because I don't like him (though James Morrison was definitely more of a bad... as Colonel McQueen on Space: Above and Beyond), but simply because the bosses have a bad habit of dying on 24 (Mason and Chapelle anyone?)

I agree about the dying bosses but they are usually disliked - Bill is a cool guy - and it would be a mite predictable. Having said that I would have thought the role of "annoying boss dying" was fulfilled by the hobbit.

Who is Chase ?

I believe the events of the game happen between Season 2 and Season 3. Chase, IIRC, was another excellent field operative for CTU that came in between the seasons. He's probably a relatively recent recruit in the game.

You're right.

Chase Edmunds was Jack's partner in the field *as well* as Kim's boyfriend in season three. He was never introduced until he was suddenly Jack's buddy in season 3. In fact, there was lots of untold stuff between seasons 2 and 3 due to the lost cliffhanger of season 2. I think they placed the game there to remedy that situation.

Anyway, for more on Chase, look here at what the official website has to say. I should probably add a spoiler warning to that, since the events described there all take place after the game.

I think Jediphile is referring to the alternate endings which IIRC were shot so as to protect the real ending. One of them was Palmer getting into the  limo and Nina Meyers is there.

No, I don't even know that one.

I was referring to the end of season 2, which was an assassination attempt on Palmer. After the crisis was averted, he passed a cheering crowd, only one of them was female assassins from the very first episode of the show (you know, the girl who jumped from the airplane before she blew it up). Not knowing any of this, Palmer shakes her hand, and shortly after he falls over, his hand all swollen and sickly - the crowds panic, and the bodyguards try vainly to secure the situation as havoc ensues, then fade to black...

It seemed clear that the plot was to continue from there. The bad guy, Peter Kingsley, may have been killed, but we saw other men discuss the situation over the phone, and one said, "we have a back-up plan - it begins today" or some such. It seemed very clear, that this was a cliffhanger to be continued the next season, but instead it was just abandoned for some reason.

Who is Chase ?

You're right.

Chase Edmunds was Jack's partner in the field *as well* as Kim's boyfriend in season three. He was never introduced until he was suddenly Jack's buddy in season 3. In fact, there was lots of untold stuff between seasons 2 and 3 due to the lost cliffhanger of season 2. I think they placed the game there to remedy that situation.

Anyway, for more on Chase, look here at what the official website has to say. I should probably add a spoiler warning to that, since the events described there all take place after the game.

What game are you talking about?

Anyway I voted Audrey Raines, because I want her to die because she looks really wierd. And thank god that druggie sister of the fat guy in charge is dead.

I cant stand these strange looking characters, they look like something out of star trek.

Who is Chase ?

You're right.

This

Anyway I voted Audrey Raines, because I want her to die because she looks really wierd. And thank god that druggie sister of the fat guy in charge is dead.

I cant stand these strange looking characters, they look like something out of star trek.

Weird?!? :wub:

Those are real people. They're acting, but they're still real.

I wasn't surprised that McGill's sister was killed - it was pretty obvious that she and her boyfriend would not be allowed to survive a deal with terrorists. That they thought they could come out of it alive just shows they were more stupid that the law (or the plot-writers) allow... :thumbsup:

Still, it was harsh that both McGill and Tony died as well. LOTR couldn't kill Sam Gamgee, but 24 sure did...

Who is Chase ?

You're right.

This

Weird?!? :blink:

Those are real people. They're acting, but they're still real.

I wasn't surprised that McGill's sister was killed - it was pretty obvious that she and her boyfriend would not be allowed to survive a deal with terrorists. That they thought they could come out of it alive just shows they were more stupid that the law (or the plot-writers) allow... :shifty:

Still, it was harsh that both McGill and Tony died as well. LOTR couldn't kill Sam Gamgee, but 24 sure did...

I know theyre real. But they still look like they popped out of star trek to me.

The Black guy, they always kill him first

lol I never saw 24 but if their are Black people they have a tendincy to get killed before the white ppl

Well, they already did kill the black guy first, since Palmer was the first to go this year... :p

Still, he's the only one to die so far IIRC... So if you're right, the future could be short and grim for Curtis Manning... I think he's the only black guy left on the show, unless we count Wayne Palmer as well.