PS3 release date

Spider

Free online service and a 60 GB HD. Still not price though.

Is the HDD an addon or included in the package?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

From the article.

A host of other details were also unveiled. PS3 will be supported with a free online service from day one, and the console will come bundled with a 60GB hard drive. PS3 will also be 100 per cent compatible with all PS2 and PSOne titles.

thanks Spider for digging up the info :(

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

From the article.

A host of other details were also unveiled. PS3 will be supported with a free online service from day one, and the console will come bundled with a 60GB hard drive. PS3 will also be 100 per cent compatible with all PS2 and PSOne titles.

thanks Spider for digging up the info :(

Thank you. I better start saving some money already.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think Sony has the biggest bang for the price department for they have 2 older generations of games to draw from with 95% to 99% compatibility while X Box 350's compatibility is quite a bit less than that.

With all that this machine can do I would be surprised if it is about $600 to $800 in retail.

Unless all those devs stop making games for the PC, I am simply not interested (Obsidian anyways).

The 100% backwards compatible thing is a big plus (though I don't believe it will be 100%). Since I'm still playing PS1 games and I know I will be playing PS2 games for a very long time. I also hear Sony will be adding better graphic filters and such for olders games.

BUT, I want to know a price... A rough estimate... Anything regarding the price!

That depends on how Microsoft plays it.  Sony has Square=Enix and if Microsoft plays their cards right they will have Bethesda, Bioware, and Obsidian in their pocket.

That's likely going to be the reason I'll end up purchasing a 360, despite the PS3 being technologically superior. JRPG's don't really interest me often. And if the CRPG Big Guns are delivering "console exclusives" <insert XBOX 360> then this precludes me from using my Sacred PC.

I know 'PC gaming purists' would balk, but then they've probably denied themselves Jade Empire - one of the top ten CRPG's of all time in my opinion.

manthing2.jpg

The 360 has two exclusive JRPG's from Mistwalker (founder is the creater of the Final Fantasy series).

Those the ones which showed how obsolete DVD's are before it's release?

As far as bang for you buck as you put it. PS3 all the way since a blu ray player will cost more than a console would.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I know you guys are better at finding information than this. Try harder next time.

Update 20: While an exact price was not released, GamersReports claims that a minimum price range was announced, which was nothing "less than 50,000.00 JP YEN" (or "$425.607 USD"). Perform your own up-to-the-minute currency conversion here. Unless the PS3's cheaper in the U.S., that means that the HDD-bundled Xbox 360 will remain cheaper than the PS3 in the States even without a price drop. Link found via digg.

Full Joystiq Article