Best Jedi Class

Which is your Favorite  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your Favorite

• Jedi Guardian
    • Jedi Consular
    • Jedi Sentinel

Consular. It just seems to fit all my characters.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

This is not really a spoiler so it will be moved.

Sentinel for my choice.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Sentinel, your battle capabilities and vitality points are slightly lower than the guardian, but the extra skill and force points are a big bonus for that class. Besides, I don't play consular oftn because I have enough Force powers and Force points as a Sentinel, not to mention the much better skill and feat gain.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Consular FTW. It isnt easy at first, but if you master Consular (Or Consular/Jedi Master in Kotor 2) you are pretty unbeatable. The greatest Jedi and Dark Jedi wern't the ones who knew how to best wield their saber. It usually came down to their knowledge of the force.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Alright, someone fixed the typo in the subject, so I might as well seriously answer the original question. :-

In KotOR 1, I preferred playing a Scout-Guardian. That way you sorta got the best of both worlds in terms of skills and combat capabilities. This time around, I'm going straight combat and generally play a Guardian-Weapon Master. Judging from how popular Sentinels appear to be, I may have to give that one a try.

Sentinal is like the scout. A mid ground of skills/feats. Unlike the soldier gaining a new feat every level, the scout gains every 2 levels. The soldier and guardian work the same, feat every level while skills and powers are kinda blah. The sentinail gains a feat and power every 2 levels and most skills are class and gets a decent amount of points.

The counciler/scoundrol gets only character level feats every 3 levels but powers every lvl and 2 every 3.

Why does only the counciler get to have character feat/power gains every 3 lvls and the other class's do not? Bug?

Comparison on the Sentinel and the Guardian

The feat gain of the Guardian is something like this: Also applied for Marauder, Weapon master, and Scout

level: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 etc....

feat: 1 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0

And for the Sentinel and Watchman:

feats: 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0

So the Guardian has a total of 11 feats by leve 20 and the Sentinel has 10.

A minimal difference of 1 single feat.

(NOTE: Both the Guardian and the Sentinel gain 1 force power per level)

The Guardian ganis 10 vitality points and 6 Force points per level. (without the Toughness feat)

The Sentinel gains 8 vp and 8 fp per level.

The Guardians also get all of the Lightsaber forms. The Sentinels get all exept for the last. (the Ferocity one)

So, the two classes are pretty equal, with the balance slightly in favour of the Sentinel because of the extra force and skill points)

This is a link for tables of the feat gain and Saves of all classes:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=28086

Edited by Bulgarian Jedi

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Yes thats how the class it's self gains them. But you also need to add in the character gained feats which kick in every 3 levels.

This is how it would work in the RPG leveling..in which the Counciler, Master/Lord follow.

(all humans get an addtional feat at lvl1)

The feat gain of the Guardian is something like this: Also applied for Marauder, Weapon master, and Scout (adjusted down soldier)

feat: 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0

feat: 2 1 2 0 1 1 1 0 2 0 1 1 1 0 2 0 1 1 1 0

And for the Sentinel and Watchman: (follows guardian in rpg)

feat: 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0

feat: 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0

Why does it matter?  They are all over powered and can take out any foe in the game easily.

Not to mention they all more or less PLAY THE SAME. The BG's, NwN's, FO's, MW etc ad naseaum all have class diversity. Heck, even Dark Aliance has greater variance (in terms of gameplay) than the KotOR's and that's saying something.

manthing2.jpg

I liked sentinel because it was a balanced class.

I would agree with that. Your skills you get are fast, feats is average and force powers is average. The other two classes Get some progressions quicker, but at the expense of another which would level up slower.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

nobody likes guardians? they can just slaughter their way through enemies, and all the feats are pretty neat. and that force jump... i would be a guardian just for that. Sith mauraders are better, though.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

nobody likes guardians?  they can just slaughter their way through enemies, and all the feats are pretty neat.  and that force jump... i would be a guardian just for that.  Sith mauraders are better, though.

I love the Guardian-Weaponmaster. Everything except bosses dies in one hit.