Most loyal character

Which party member was the most loyal to you?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which party member was the most loyal to you?

• T3-M4
    • Kreia
    • Atton
    • Bao-Dur
    • Handmaiden/Disciple
    • Mira
    • Hanharr
    • HK-47
    • Visas
    • Mandalore

I think he has, but that's a matter of confusion on this forum...

Pray, tell us why. ;)

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Pray, tell us why. ;)

Well for one you have Reven Returns (is that his name?) going on about his conspiracy theory...

and two, if look at his actions, he dose seem to have his own agenda...

DN

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I think Kreia's the most loyal. No really. She sticks with you the entire time, and while she manipulates you, uses you for her own end, ultimately it is to make you stronger. I think she has your "best interests" at heart - as well as her own and in a way, I think her loyalty is greater than any of the other characters.

I just think being the cranky old witch she is, she hides it. She even forces the exile to kill her - that takes some doing.

Edit: Not to mention she faces Sion "single handedly" (don't hurt me :)) on the Harbinger and tells you to run.

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

wow... good points... kreia does look mroe loyal now...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Atton...

you could slaughter school children and get influence with him after you had just fed clothed and played the banjo with the same school children for influence.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think Kreia's the most loyal. No really. She sticks with you the entire time, and while she manipulates you, uses you for her own end, ultimately it is to make you stronger. I think she has your "best interests" at heart - as well as her own and in a way, I think her loyalty is greater than any of the other characters.

I just think being the cranky old witch she is, she hides it. She even forces the exile to kill her - that takes some doing.

Edit: Not to mention she faces Sion "single handedly" (don't hurt me  :p) on the Harbinger and tells you to run.

ABOUT LOYALTY

Loyal means seeying things your way and if not giving your suggestions - ultimately agreeing to do your will one way or the other trusting in your wisdom and decisions (not always though that should be the definition of "super loyal").

Kreia is nothing like that. Whatever you do (read - 'you dialog options don't allow you') Kreia doesn't agree with your perspective on the world and making decisions. She uses the tactic "follow in order to lead" when whatever you do leads to the same conclusion in the game.

KREIA IS DS or LS?

BTW She made you powerful because in the end she regrets teaching the sith on Malachor and falling to the dark side, wants the Exile to deal with the Sith threat but doesn't think the current weak jedi can stand against the true sith and finally needs to die because is to dangerous to fall to the dark side again. As she herself admits on Korriban - she is very fragile to it.

Kreia wants to save the galaxy and in the end is a LS char sacrificing herself and making the Exile stronger for it.

KREIA A GOOD DEVELOPED CHARACTER?

A great character but to build such one in an RPG you have to limit the roles of other characters (what hurts is that the main one suffers from it) and to make her unique - not allowing anyone to agree with her perspective (limits in dialog options here) plus to show her smarts making everyone dumb (limits in smart dialog options for the exile).

That's my opinion on the great Kreia topic :-)

so... you like her or not?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

ABOUT LOYALTY

Loyal means seeying things your way and if not giving your suggestions - ultimately agreeing to do your will one way or the other trusting in your wisdom and decisions (not always though that should be the definition of "super loyal").

Kreia is nothing like that. Whatever you do (read - 'you dialog options don't allow you') Kreia doesn't agree with your perspective on the world and making decisions. She uses the tactic "follow in order to lead" when whatever you do leads to the same conclusion in the game.

*snip*

Ignoring the LS/DS thing & the "good character" stuff - I would have to disagree with the loyalty thing. While I understand what you're saying, I respectfully decline.

I'm sure she makes some comment about how she would have 'burnt the galaxy' for you. She even says she loves the Exile.

Granted, I don't think she fits the "classic" definition of "loyalty", but this is Kreia we're talking about. Nothing she says or does is going to be "normal". That would just be too easy. If the dialogue is an issue, then I blame the writers for not giving more choice. I think Kreia takes on the role of teacher a bit too much - but even at the end, she allows you to ask questions before she has you slay her. If she really was disloyal, she would have struck you down before you had a chance to do anything.

At the very least, she seems loyal to Revan - sending "others" after him. *shrug* Just my view - feel free to disagree :D

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Not really. When someone betrays their master to follow you, I would not trust them. Who's to say they may betray you for someone else? Bao-dur has never done anything disloyal to the Exile.

exactly, i find it a bit weird how visas jsut abandons nihilius and latches onto you, she could then betray you, like she has nihilius

i say tsm4 is the most loyal.

you mean t4m4 :thumbsup:

Pray, tell us why. :o

Well for one you have Reven Returns (is that his name?) going on about his conspiracy theory...

DN

huh what did i do? what conspiracy theory?

"..look at his actions" are you refering to me?

actually, its T3M4...just thought id point that out.

as for kreia's loyalty, id have to agree that she is pretty loyal. not the most, but if you take actions she agrees with and support her oppinions of your companions, she is helpful. she said she would kill the galaxy to save the exile, and that takes loyalty. and the fact that if you keep all the jedi alive, she prevents them from taking the force from the exile and shows them the galaxy as the exile sees it.

i still say HK is more loyal to my dark character, though. (points at sig) ;)

Edited by HK-47_THE_MEATBAG_KILLER

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

not to mention the mentor ability and the fact she her forc powers to boost you and your party members. (remember the force chain ability?)

Not really. When someone betrays their master to follow you, I would not trust them. Who's to say they may betray you for someone else? Bao-dur has never done anything disloyal to the Exile.

exactly, i find it a bit weird how visas jsut abandons nihilius and latches onto you, she could then betray you, like she has nihilius

you mean t4m4 :-

Pray, tell us why. ;)

DN

your theory that the remote was on paragus... :huh:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

not to mention the mentor ability and the fact she her forc powers to boost you and your party members. (remember the force chain ability?)

actually, the force chain ability was a result of the bond, and i do not believe she created this bond. i think the exile created it unconciously, as she did with the rest of the characters, just that kreia was strong enough to avoid sharing the exile's feelings and impulses as the other party members did.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

actually, its T3M4...just thought id point that out.

as for kreia's loyalty, id have to agree that she is pretty loyal. not the most, but if you take actions she agrees with and support her oppinions of your companions, she is helpful. she said she would kill the galaxy to save the exile, and that takes loyalty. and the fact that if you keep all the jedi alive, she prevents them from taking the force from the exile and shows them the galaxy as the exile sees it.

i still say HK is more loyal to my dark character, though. (points at sig) ;)

indeed it is T3M4, typo i didnt pick up

Pray, tell us why. ;)

DN

your theory that the remote was on paragus... :rolleyes:

lollolololol, yeah that one, it is a conspiracy!! bao dur is a spy of some sort :p:shifty:

Visas betrayed Nihilus because she knew that the Exile was the only thing in the galaxy that could stop him and even she knew that he must be stopped.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords