KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Ah yes and we all know the Sith, there is a threat too big, and they cowardly take them out (as palpatine says, that guys student killed him in his sleep, malak cowardly firing on revan, sion and nihilius cowardly taking on

traya

physically!) but im sure the jedi are cowards too :blink: and of course, yes there are powerful sith pwnage lords, like revan for example :shifty: (both phases)

personaly i think it would be hella cool if you could be jedi during the mandolorian wars. But since i know that wont happen i think it would be cool if the sith restarted the the sith academy. And your jedi could lead a group of other jedi and republic troops and destroy it once again. just as part of the k3

Guest The Architect

Join the Obsidian Team!

May 17, 2006

Obsidian Entertainment now has openings for a lead area/level designers, senior area/level designers, and intermediate area and level designers for a console action-based role-playing game. Check out the job postings and see if you have what it takes!

They've finished making 'Neverwinter Knights 2' so now, is there any chance that this new Action/RPG Obsidian is now hiring for is 'Knights of the Old Republic III'? It's probably not, however, it may be, although when they say a "console action-based role-playing game" it makes me doubt that it's KOTOR III for two reasons, because it's action based and it's console based when KOTOR and KOTOR II were for the PC too...

Edited by The Architect

" for a console action-based role-playing game. "

Sounds like Diablo in Xbox 360

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I thought KotOR was an action rpg, not action/rpg-hybrid, but an action rpg.

They're probably seeking people for the Sega rpg project.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think you should be able to choose between Revan or the Exile in gameplay. They should fight or team up or soemthing dpeending on your path. I think they should include crystal like mantle of the force and heart of the guardian from the first KOTOR pc version. A few new abilites, feats, and powers would be nice. I think electric judgement would be an awesome power to have as the lightside.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

To some extent, there will probably have to be some common themes being advanced from the first two games in the third. Something like in Episode V: TESB where a Kenobi vision appears before Skywalker. However, the adoption of the Yoda art as a model for Master Vandar in KOTOR I was really ripping an idea directly out of an original SW story.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

The KotoR 3 must to: (w00t)

:) 1) Continue with the RPG, however with mote options the choice and more ways;

:ph34r: 2) It must be a more complete game, with more functionalities, more movements for the personages, more planets, more personages to choose or to add to the group;

;) 3) It would be interesting to continue with the Saga Star Wars. As for example, to give a son for Luke or Leia, grandsons, cousins, and why not to show old Luke and Leia teaching the Padawan's novices to be to become Jedi!!!

:cool: 4) The KotoR3 could have extra packages of corrections, of new planets, new missions, new personages. These packages could be launched during a period of 2 or 5 years;

:) 5) It could have other activities as to pilot ships, persecutions as in Star Wars II and III.

:D In end, we could have a game of RPG and action in an only game, with a more refined plot and a history where we could reviver the SAGA of Star Wars.

Hello everyone, This is my first post here which happened because I am starved for news about K.O.T.O.R 3 and I am extremly bitter at Lucas Arts for not throwing us a few crumbs of information at E3 and instead they talked about Lego Star Wars 2. Cute kiddie games aside....I couldnt give a rats ...never mind

Anyway, even if Obsidian wants K.O.T.O.R. 3, it is still a Lucas Arts property, the game will not be developed by Obsidian or anyone else unless/untill George Lucass pulls the money bag trigger & says yes.

Speculating about what you want in the game is fine BUT first, lets worry about the game getting made.

The X Box version of K.O.T.O.R. 2 came out in November or December of 2004 and its past the middle of May of 2006 without so much as an official hint that the game will get made.

If Obsidian had been given the go ahead to start development for George Lucas, surely we would have heard about it at E3.

Their is a little news blurb dated February 1st. at the IGN site when you try to put K.O.T.O.R. 3 on your games wish list that says game developer Obsidian is working on 3 un announced titles and one of them is rumored to be K.O.T.O.R. 3.

But again, why didnt Obsidian or Lucas Arts bring this up at E3 if it were true ?

Les

Well we all know a HUGE war and a TRUE Sith war bigger than all the ones before it is coming so it is no doubt that this game will be HUGE. KOTR2 was one of the greatest games I have ever palyed but we find out that it is just the start of soemthing far greater and more terrifying. I wonder if we will play as Revan or the Exile? If the Exile will follow Revan or kill him and assume the throne of dark lord? Or if Revan will follow the Exile? Will they fight? Which chararcters will we play as? Will any characters from the prevuis games die? Will the Exile arrive in thr unknown regions and find out ultimatley that Revan has died trying to uncover it's secrects to a far greater power than ever seen?

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Well we all know a HUGE war and a TRUE Sith war bigger than all the ones before it is coming so it is no doubt that this game will be HUGE. KOTR2 was one of the greatest games I have ever palyed but we find out that it is just the start of soemthing far greater and more terrifying. I wonder if we will play as Revan or the Exile? If the Exile will follow Revan or kill him and assume the throne of dark lord? Or if Revan will follow the Exile? Will they fight? Which chararcters will we play as? Will any characters from the prevuis games die? Will the Exile arrive in thr unknown regions and find out ultimatley that Revan has died trying to uncover it's secrects to a far greater power than ever seen?

Again, lets confirm the game will be made first..

I am still waiting for a sequel to Shemue 2, a game that was made 4 years ago. Thwe longer it takes to make a sequel to a game, the more I worry it might not get made.

Les

It will get made. They planned a sequel. The story jsut leaves you hanging in the middle of something greater.

They planned it, yes, but there were a number of lay-offs, the initial plans were dropped, and LA has taken a lot of flak over the unfinished nature of KotOR2. So while I'm hoping for KotOR3, I won't be holding my breath until LA actually announces it.

Oh and when it does get made I bet there will be a good chance of revan exploring the outer rims and finding Darth Plagues.

I hope you guys are right in assuming the game will get made, I really do, but what I d really like to know is since K.O.T.O.R. 2 came out for X Box at the end of 2004 in the U.S., why is Lucas Arts focusing on Lego Star Wars 2 first when the first K.O.T.O.R. game was a game of the year ? Also why has Obsidian said nothing about the game a year and a half after the second game came out ?

Certainly, if George Lucas wants the game, it will get made but how long must we wait to at least hear something officall

from Either Lucas or Obsidian ?

Les

Edited by bigkotorfan

I hope you guys are right in assuming the game will get made, I really do, but what I d really like to know is since K.O.T.O.R. 2 came out for X Box at the end of 2004 in the U.S., why is Lucas Arts focusing on Lego Star Wars 2 first when the first K.O.T.O.R. game was a game of the year ? Also why has Obsidian said nothing about the game a year and a half after the second game came out ?

Certainly, if George Lucas wants the game, it will get made but how long must we wait to at least hear something officall

from Either Lucas or Obsidian ?

Les

If Lucas wants the game made, then it will be made, yes. Period.

However, LA seems to have a policy of producing only a set number of Star Wars games per year (not sure how many), and they seem to stick fairly close to that policy on the basis that there will otherwise be too many Star Wars games that compete with each other, and so hurt sales figures. Yes, I'd agree that Lego Star Wars 2 does not target the same demographic as KotOR3 would, but whatever LA says goes, so...

Obsidian really doesn't have much choice here. They've said they'd take on the challenge of KotOR3 in a second, which is about as much as they can say, since it really is not up to them. LA owns Star Wars and gets to call all the shots. Obsidian gets to accept it or not do further Star Wars games...

Hello everyone,  This is my first post here which happened because I am starved for news about K.O.T.O.R 3 and I am extremly bitter at Lucas Arts for not throwing us a few crumbs of information at E3 and instead they talked about Lego Star Wars 2. Cute kiddie games aside....I couldnt give a rats ...never mind

Anyway, even if Obsidian wants K.O.T.O.R. 3, it is still a Lucas Arts property, the game will not be developed by Obsidian or anyone else unless/untill George Lucass pulls the money bag trigger & says yes.

Speculating about what you want in the game is fine BUT first, lets worry about the game getting made.

The X Box version of K.O.T.O.R. 2 came out in November or December of 2004 and its past the middle of May of 2006 without so much as an official hint that the game will get made.

If Obsidian had been given the go ahead to start development for George Lucas, surely we would have heard about it at E3.

Their is a little news blurb dated February 1st. at the IGN site when you try to put K.O.T.O.R. 3 on your games wish list that says game developer Obsidian is working on 3 un announced titles and one of them is rumored to be K.O.T.O.R. 3.

But again, why didnt Obsidian or Lucas Arts bring this up at E3 if it were true ?

Les

Yes, I brought this up earlier, but why if this story dated February 1st by IGN is true didnt we hear one sngle word about this from either Lucas Arts or Obsidian at E3 ?

I still am hopefull that the game might get made, but after the silence at E3 I am skeptical that what IGN printed was anything more then a rumor that isn t true....at least not as of yet.

Les

Even though discussion has apparently shifted to whether this game will ever happen, I thought I'd offer my take on how the next installment could start without having to go through the mess of making the Exile or Revan playable again.

You play as a Jedi student on Dantooine. The game opens with a "Galactic History" test in which you're asked questions concerning Revan and the Exile. Whatever answers you give are treated as correct, and you pass with flying colors. The action starts when a damaged freighter -- the Ebon Hawk -- makes an emergency landing on your planet. Sent out with your master to investigate, you enter the ship to find in the ****pit the body of the Exile, apparently dead from numerous wounds, having survived just long enough to set the ship down intact. (Yes, I'm killing the Exile right off the bat. I suppose I've watched too much 24 for my own good. Anyway, picture something like the moment in KotOR2 when you find Vash's body on Korriban.) About to leave the ship, you encounter T3, from whom you find out that the True Sith have chosen Dantooine as the initial target for their invasion, and that Revan had sent the Exile back with the Hawk to warn you. Taking T3 with you, you start back for the Enclave, only to see the dropships already coming down on your heads. The Sith land around you, and you have to fight your way back to the Hawk, where your master sacrifices himself to ensure your escape.

End of Act I.

There were several technologies shown behind closed doors that could be related to a Star Wars action game/RPG of some sort.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705550p1.html

Neat stuff. Only problem with it being K3, is, well - it has stormtroopers. But those could be placeholders for the demo. They may be trying to avoid saying anything about K3 at this point, for any number of reasons.