KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I think KOTOR III should mainly be focused on the Exile and Revan meeting up with eachother, or having a third character go out and find them. At some point in the game Revan and the Exile should fight the Sith Empire together.

Meanwhile, I believe some of your KOTOR II party members should stay on Malachor V or Dantioone and start up a New Jedi Order. (The person depends on who is still alive after the TSLRP.)

This is just what I think may happen...

I just beat the game again and kreia said that the Academy on dantonnie would remain lifeless.

Dantooine shouldn't be in Kotor III, its fate would be all dependent on what the excile did, and a cheep explanation of why the mercenaries aren't on the plantet and ruling (if excile was ds) would just suck, and people would piss and moan. and they should include Dvakvar Grahrk (was the origanl charater intended in the disciples place) and Kaevee who was suposed to be in the game but was removed for time constraints (Lucas <_< )

we can only hope they will show up in Kotor III

they sound cool

Guest The Architect

I'll try and get to the point and avoid rambling on but if KOTOR III is made, well, first of all, it should wrap up the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch, it should be the final chapter of a wonderful trilogy, where permanent closure is brought about in an epic way.

I think we should go a new main character in KOTOR III with an optional gender and species. I could write an encyclopedia as to why Revan and/or the Exile should NOT be the main PC/s in KOTOR III. there is far more to it than powerlevels, but instead of unnecessarily rambling on, I'll leave it at that.

I beleive the developer of a potential KOTOR III must not neglect the variables of the previous KOTOR's, which means we simply 'MUST' be able to choose the genders/alignments of both Revan and the Exile and 'if' they are to make appearences in KOTOR III, then we must be able to select their appearences too and 'if' the devs take it one step further and make them temporarily playable characters then we need to be able to fully customize everything about them so they are YOUR Revan and Exile, no one elses.

Selecting the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile does not necessarily imply that fifty million plots have to be written to cater for all the variables, I'd only be expecting minor changes to be made, just like in KOTOR II, the devs of KOTOR III can not allow themselves to rely on the previous events of the KOTOR games too much, they must have their own freedom in terms of storywriting, but at the same time, they must respect the choices made from previous games, so if they can avoid forcing as many scenario's on us as possible, like Obsidian did, then I'll be happy, does this make sense?

The plot of KOTOR III should take place approximately '2-3' years after KOTOR III, where Revan and the Exile are still in the unknown regions, alone, no one else that we know of from the previous KOTOR's are with them. People say they want mystery, suspense, they want thrills and surprises in KOTOR III, well, I think if they keep what Revan and the Exile are up to in the dark until the later stages of the game, then there is potential for some plot twists, etc.

We definately need to learn more about the True Sith, such as who they are, how long they've been in the unknown regions for, why they didn't attack the Republic/Jedi after the Jedi Civil War when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state, what have they been doing in the unknown regions and what there plans/goals are.

So most of the events of KOTOR III should focus on a galaxy that is struggling and going through a rebuilding phase, both the Jedi and the Sith should be very weak, as the past few decades of war would have thinned their numbers dramatically, so the Jedi and the Sith should be both struggling to establish themselves in the galaxy.

The Republic should be weak, but we should see attempts being made by certain individuals to make the Republic strong again, the Mandalorians should be a force again, but under Mandalore, they shouldn't be causing any trouble, instead, they should follow under Revan's banner, acting on his/her behalf and the Exile's.

The HK-51 droids and the Mandalorians should have an important role in KOTOR III IMO, HK-47, T3-M4, Mandalore, Admiral Carth/Cede and Bastila all have potential for major roles in KOTOR III, as does the Exile's companions, for good or ill.

The new main character should be a new young force-sensitive who has joined 'The Order of Sasha' (for reasons which you should be allowed to decide). The Order of Sasha are a group of grey/neutral force-users, I think somehow, in some way, they should be dragged into this struggle that the galaxy is undertaking to recover from the past few decades of war, the story must be designed in such a way that it works out nicely in terms of roleplaying.

I'll stop here now...

Edited by The Architect

What do I think?

Well obviously I think some(or even all) of the characters from the previous two should at least cameo in one way or another, if not appear as playable characters.

The droids for one, would be easy in my opinion(can't help but love HK).

As for anyone else, I'd say...Atton might be good to have back as a Jedi playable. Or mabey Brianna, although that's less likely as she doesn't take up that sort of role according to the Light Side ending of KotORII. I'd also like to see Mira again. She also seems somewhat likely to be a playable Jedi. Plus I think it'd be interesting to see if any rumors that she is somehow distantly related to Mara Jade mean anything.

As for non Jedi...well, I'm not really sure. Might be interesting to bring Admiral Onasi back into the picture again.

And I could go down the list of all the notable ones, but no one wan't to see that. :rolleyes:

I also realize this may have been mentioned a hundred times before, but It's just my present thoughts.

I'll try and get to the point and avoid rambling on but if KOTOR III is made, well, first of all, it should wrap up the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch, it should be the final chapter of a wonderful trilogy, where permanent closure is brought about in an epic way.

I think we should go a new main character in KOTOR III with an optional gender and species. I could write an encyclopedia as to why Revan and/or the Exile should NOT be the main PC/s in KOTOR III. there is far more to it than powerlevels, but instead of unnecessarily rambling on, I'll leave it at that.

I beleive the developer of a potential KOTOR III must not neglect the variables of the previous KOTOR's, which means we simply 'MUST' be able to choose the genders/alignments of both Revan and the Exile and 'if' they are to make appearences in KOTOR III, then we must be able to select their appearences too and 'if' the devs take it one step further and make them temporarily playable characters then we need to be able to fully customize everything about them so they are YOUR Revan and Exile, no one elses.

Selecting the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile does not necessarily imply that fifty million plots have to be written to cater for all the variables, I'd only be expecting minor changes to be made, just like in KOTOR II, the devs of KOTOR III can not allow themselves to rely on the previous events of the KOTOR games too much, they must have their own freedom in terms of storywriting, but at the same time, they must respect the choices made from previous games, so if they can avoid forcing as many scenario's on us as possible, like Obsidian did, then I'll be happy, does this make sense?

The plot of KOTOR III should take place approximately '2-3' years after KOTOR III, where Revan and the Exile are still in the unknown regions, alone, no one else that we know of from the previous KOTOR's are with them. People say they want mystery, suspense, they want thrills and surprises in KOTOR III, well, I think if they keep what Revan and the Exile are up to in the dark until the later stages of the game, then there is potential for some plot twists, etc.

We definately need to learn more about the True Sith, such as who they are, how long they've been in the unknown regions for, why they didn't attack the Republic/Jedi after the Jedi Civil War when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state, what have they been doing in the unknown regions and what there plans/goals are.

So most of the events of KOTOR III should focus on a galaxy that is struggling and going through a rebuilding phase, both the Jedi and the Sith should be very weak, as the past few decades of war would have thinned their numbers dramatically, so the Jedi and the Sith should be both struggling to establish themselves in the galaxy.

The Republic should be weak, but we should see attempts being made by certain individuals to make the Republic strong again, the Mandalorians should be a force again, but under Mandalore, they shouldn't be causing any trouble, instead, they should follow under Revan's banner, acting on his/her behalf and the Exile's.

The HK-51 droids and the Mandalorians should have an important role in KOTOR III IMO, HK-47, T3-M4, Mandalore, Admiral Carth/Cede and Bastila all have potential for major roles in KOTOR III, as does the Exile's companions, for good or ill.

The new main character should be a new young force-sensitive who has joined 'The Order of Sasha' (for reasons which you should be allowed to decide). The Order of Sasha are a group of grey/neutral force-users, I think somehow, in some way, they should be dragged into this struggle that the galaxy is undertaking to recover from the past few decades of war, the story must be designed in such a way that it works out nicely in terms of roleplaying.

I'll stop here now...

quite well said, and we definatley have to have HK back. He's the life of the party haha :devil::rolleyes: plus there could always be a follow up on the factory place...

Hi Architect,

You might remember that there are some force sensitive factions with robes/armor we find in Kotor II:

Jal Shey

Matakui

Baran Do

Maybe one or more of those could be tied into the plot as some grey Force sensitives.

Master Vandar lives!

I have a feeling we'll see Korriban again in K3

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'll stop here now...

Well said. Though I do not believe the Mandalorians are going to be a major force as they were in the Mandalorian Wars. Though at this point Canderous' efforts in reuniting the clans have made the Mandalorians a small but potent force. The Mandalorians are more of a "Ranger" type of force in my mind. As Kreia says though, Mandalore has many battles left in him, and I'm sure the Mandalorians will have their glory once again.

Another faction I'd like to point out that alot of people seem to forget, the Exchange. With a shaken Republic & Jedi Order its easier for criminal organizations to take power. It becomes easier to corrupt politics, control citizens through fear and all of that good stuff.

Edited by Terranova

I was reading (again) this article yesterday, and:

As to how long-term, well, there

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hi Architect,

You might remember that there are some force sensitive factions with robes/armor we find in Kotor II:

Jal Shey

Matakui

Baran Do

Maybe one or more of those could be tied into the plot as some grey Force sensitives.

I doubt the jal shey or baran do would fight.

No maybe not, but the Matakui might, and then there are always a bunch of other "Grey" factions out there as well for LA to choose from. (Or whoever does the choosing)

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I have a feeling we'll see Korriban again in K3

Kreia said it would remain died

I would like to see most of the exiles team return

handmaiden,atton,mira(she should be active in your quest)kriea said she would live for a time and die protecting those she cared for on a forgoten planet and die with no regrets,Visas,T3(a must),mandilore,disipile(maybe)

your character should be look young and not be to stocky

Guest The Architect

I can only speculate but I get the impression that these KOTOR comics are being used as backstory telling devices, I'd wager that there trying to make things clear in terms of backstory as a buildup to KOTOR III, and the potential game developers could use information that is revealed in the comics as material to base their plot on.

I'm not saying that the devs will force a 'canon' Revan and 'canon' Exile on us in KOTOR III (which is the biggest 'NO-NO' of them all), however, it may become clear...

-Who the 'True Sith' are...

-What there goals/plans/intentions are...

-How long they've been in the unknown regions for...

-What they've been doing in the unknown regions...

-How and when Revan found out about the 'True Sith'...

-Who else (if anyone) apart from Revan, Kreia and the Exile know about the 'True Sith'...

-Why the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi after the Jedi Civil War when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state...

-What Revan has been doing in the unknown regions all this time...

-The 'True Sith's' connections/influence toward the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War and the Shadow War...

-The 'True Sith's' actions before and during the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War and the Shadow War...

I doubt whether most of these questions will be answered in these KOTOR comics, although, perhaps some of them will be, however, if KOTOR III is made and it is a sequel that brings closure to the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch in a 'finale to a trilogy' sort of way, then it is likely that at least some of the points that I made will become known before KOTOR III comes out...