KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Well, preferably have a name that is not classifiable as a word. An example: Exile can be a word as much as it can be a name. I doubt a name like Revan could be a word itself.

Scarface can also be a word, as long as it can be linked to some kind of physical idea.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I just hope that whatever the story is that it wont mess up any of the choices I made in the first 2 games. I want to be able to continue the storyline with Revan being Male Lightside and Exile being Male Lightside.

Oh but I do have a few requests for KotOR III:

A. I want a telekinesis power! It isn't Star wars unless your character loses his or her lightsaber and then has to go and use the force to call it back.

B. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated combat system, perhaps based off some consultation with Nick Gillard the farther of lightsaber combat as we know it.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

We all know that in K3 there's going to be someone with the last name of Skywalker, and he will be more powerful than Revan or the Exile (combined?) :o" >_<:o

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

We all know that in K3 there's going to be someone with the last name of Skywalker, and he will be more powerful than Revan or the Exile (combined?)  :-:rolleyes:  :ermm:

that would definately be an interesting person, but is the time period accurate for a "skywalker" to pop up? :huh:

I think he was kidding

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

We all know that in K3 there's going to be someone with the last name of Skywalker, and he will be more powerful than Revan or the Exile (combined?)  :-:rolleyes:  :ermm:

that would definately be an interesting person, but is the time period accurate for a "skywalker" to pop up? :huh:

I think he was kidding

He has to.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Where is the Tainted Lake, where ever it is you should be able to go there and either get ds power from it or call your emotions and get ls power (just like Freedon Nadds tomb on Dxun), and maybe you can make more nath cowling, or at least some how make certain robes more powerful.

We all know that in K3 there's going to be someone with the last name of Skywalker, and he will be more powerful than Revan or the Exile (combined?)  :-:(  :ermm:

I think he was kidding

He has to.

I dont think he was..

Guest The Architect
Heh, Scarface o:) I want to be Godfather!

:- The Godfather eh? I can just see it now, in KOTOR III...

The Godfather's padawan: Oh, Godfather, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

The Godfather: [shouts] You can act like a man!

Mandalore: How do you plan on convincing the head of Systech Corporation to give you control of the entire HK-Army?

The Godfather: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

(The Godfather, Revan's brother finds out that Revan killed his wife during the Mandalorian Wars. The Godfather finds Revan on Ziost).

The Godfather: I know it was you Revan. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

(The Godfather, against all the odds, kills the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith')

The Godfather: If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.

Edited by The Architect

Heh, Scarface :) I want to be Godfather!

:huh: The Godfather eh? I can just see it now, in KOTOR III...

The Godfather's padawan: Oh, Godfather, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

The Godfather: [shouts] You can act like a man!

Mandalore: How do you plan on convincing the head of Systech Corporation to give you control of the entire HK-Army?

The Godfather: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

(The Godfather, Revan's brother finds out that Revan killed his wife during the Mandalorian Wars. The Godfather finds Revan on Ziost).

The Godfather: I know it was you Revan. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

(The Godfather, against all the odds, kills the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith')

The Godfather: If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.

http://www.moviemusic.com/audio/godfather_7.mp3

I would like to start off at a secrete academy on a distant planet. Just like telos was the main starting point for k1 and peragus was for k2. This academy could have plenty of missions and plenty of knowlege we can find out as we continue through. At the end of the main sequence i would like to see the sith attack the accademy. And if you choose to go darkside you may help the sith or lightside you may defend the academy,

choosing light allows you to get a light master to accompany you on your journey while choosing dark gives you a dark master to train you.

Just an idea that i would like to see

I would like to start off at a secrete academy on a distant planet. Just like telos was the main starting point for k1 and peragus was for k2. This academy could have plenty of missions and plenty of knowlege we can find out as we continue through. At the end of the main sequence i would like to see the sith attack the accademy. And if you choose to go darkside you may help the sith or lightside you may defend the academy,

choosing light allows you to get a light master to accompany you on your journey while choosing dark gives you a dark master to train you.

Just an idea that i would like to see

That a good idea but maybe insteid of a master maybe a padwan friend thats the opossite gender your playing joins you instead of a master.

I like the idea.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to find raw materials and then construct your own:

Robes

Lightsabers

all the other stuff you can build (like Kotor II)

I found breaking down a grenade and then with the simple "components" create an expert deflection emitter for example just a very lame thing. Look at SW galaxies then!!

Yes, not the best game but at least they will let you work and find (or buy) raw materials to convert them into an item which IMO is a far more realistic system then "make some life support packs from Thermal Detonators"

Please don't take this the wrong way, I wouldn't like to see Kotor III as an MMORPG.

It is an irony having to use materials derived from something as a weapon to something that is for treatment. I think I see what you are getting at. Quite a simplistic way of relating items to other items without adequate relevance or considering other alternatives that could be involved.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Most certainly. An improvement to this system would be a good improvement to the game. While I can see at least one or two components from a grenade able to be incorporated into a lightsaber emitter, I can't see anything from a grenade used in medical practices. (Unless, that is, they've found a way to use harmful chemicals for such things.)

I can also think of an improvement to the "apprentice system". In the game, once you got a character - such as Mira for example - force sensitive, that was the end of it... besides assigning her force powers as he/she leveled up. What I would like to suggest for this is two things:

1 - Only have one apprentice under you. This way, you can develop a closer and much more personal relationship with you're apprentice, as is sometimes the case with Star Wars, perhaps even form a bond with that apprentice over time. (Though, obviously, on a much lesser scale to the Revan/Bastila bond and the Exile "instant bond maker.") (This can also be swapped around so you are the apprentice, and have a master, like the Kreia/Exile relationship.)

2 - Help them learn along the way of their apprenticeship, rather than having a "now you're force sensitive, sod off" way of doing it. It would add extra depth to a Star Wars RPG of any sort. Develop your own style of teaching, choosing to either lead by example, or provide your apprentice(s) with cryptic messages for them to figure out. Be your own Kreia. :D

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Hm. The only thing I'm really hoping for improvement on is the module system. I want an internal clock for all times of the day. For the last two games, it seemed like you completed all the quests in one hour based on the position of the sun. Gives it a feel that time is actually going by.

I have heard that they're planning on announcing k3 in september.  I could be wrong, take it as rumor cus I have nothing to back this up sept the word of a friend. He is reliable tho....

I hope your right about this One thing i would like to see in the game is different hilts to the lightsabers they were all the same in both games

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

I like the different hilts idea. One of those 'minor' touches that can yet feel more immersive.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm. The only thing I'm really hoping for improvement on is the module system. I want an internal clock for all times of the day. For the last two games, it seemed like you completed all the quests in one hour based on the position of the sun. Gives it a feel that time is actually going by.

Exactly.Set your time,and when it's night in your area,it's nighttime in the game,same with daytime aswell. :thumbsup:

Edited by jodo kast 5