KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

As Jason Jones (the mastermind behind Halo) once put it, we as people are going to adapt to a human character more so then a non-human character.  You can relate to the struggles and the obstacles that a human must overcome.  It becomes a challenge to game designers to make a lead charcter nonhuman, but still show that the nonhuman must go through the same things that we as humans are likelyto encounter.

So basically I'm just saying that a nonhuman lead is a gamble.  It would be hard for some peopleto adapt/accept playing an alien in a game that also has humans.  But it's a great idea if the guys at Obsidian can pull it off

EDIT:  this was in reference to the first/second post.  I haven't figured out how to quote and I didn't know the thread was this long :ph34r:

I'd agree on this point. Different aliens generally have different moral values and outlooks on life compared to humans. It would be a challenge to adapt to differnet alien cultures, but it would be a rewarding one if pulled off correctly.

Also, if your character is a Jedi (which it most likely would be), then the idea of being an alien species wouldn't exactly matter, and would only be for aesthetic purposes, since the Jedi have their strict moral code that all jedi abide to. (Besides notable exceptions such as Dark/Grey Jedi etc).

in kotor 3 you should be able to take what ever you want from the corpses like there armour and the light sabers you rarely get light sabers from corpses

kreia shows up in a new body, and she's evil!

no....... some one is in you're body and is evil, no that doesnt go with the game style and stuff that would be cool thow

and I dont think the force can do that, wait if you can get into poeples minds and read theres if you're that power full the you should be able to get in there minds and take over. Shouldn't you?

i agree u should be able to use there mnds to control them and u take over there caracter.

and if there was a new side of the force u lead i rekon it should be a kind of rebil jedi thing were people who dont belive in jedi teaching join you but u are not a sith either and at the begining u may spend the game building up ur rebil jedi army and then someone turns peoiple agaisnt you and you have to leave because it is to dangerous there (lol bad idea but it is a place for ideas)

in kotor 3 you should be able to take what ever you want from the corpses like there armour and the light sabers you rarely get light sabers from corpses

kreia shows up in a new body, and she's evil!

no....... some one is in you're body and is evil, no that doesnt go with the game style and stuff that would be cool thow

and I dont think the force can do that, wait if you can get into poeples minds and read theres if you're that power full the you should be able to get in there minds and take over. Shouldn't you?

i agree u should be able to use there mnds to control them and u take over there caracter.

and if there was a new side of the force u lead i rekon it should be a kind of rebil jedi thing were people who dont belive in jedi teaching join you but u are not a sith either and at the begining u may spend the game building up ur rebil jedi army and then someone turns peoiple agaisnt you and you have to leave because it is to dangerous there (lol bad idea but it is a place for ideas)

These "Rebel Jedi" you are talking about, who are nether Jedi or Sith are in fact Grey Jedi. Technically, that side of the force is already avaliable in both games, but the game itself almost forces you to pick a side, because thats the only way to gain a presitge class.

Still, I would agree that making the Grey Jedi way an official path to take - with prestige classes - would be a nice addition. Not every wants to be totally goody goody or totally baddy baddy.

Guest The Architect
These "Rebel Jedi" you are talking about, who are nether Jedi or Sith are in fact Grey Jedi. Technically, that side of the force is already avaliable in both games, but the game itself almost forces you to pick a side, because thats the only way to gain a presitge class.

Still, I would agree that making the Grey Jedi way an official path to take - with prestige classes - would be a nice addition. Not every wants to be totally goody goody or totally baddy baddy.

Yes. It sucks how you were forced to choose between the LS and the DS in KOTOR and KOTOR II, so in KOTOR III, it would be nice if you could reject both sides and become a Grey Force-User, but with prestige classes and perhaps a special force power that is assigned only to those who walk the 'grey' path, kind of like how in KOTOR II a LS'der gets 'Force Enlightenment' and a DS'der gets 'Force Crush'.

So the new choice would be to either become a servant of the light, or to succumb to the lure of the dark side, or to turn away from both paths and walk your own path...the grey path, I like this idea very much... :thumbsup:

Edited by The Architect

Well, as of right now, there weren't any "grey Jedi" in KOTOR. The two who came close to it (Jolee and Kreia) both lean to one of the two sides.

Someone who sides with neither side doesn't have to be "grey". Even a true lightsider could disagree with the Jedi. Because of that, you don't need to create a third side.

Besides, it would be very hard to create an ending for a grey jedi. It's very easy for a light- or darksider, you are either the saviour or the conqueror, but what kind of role does a grey Jedi have?

What's the fascination with all the planets from the movies?

-Tatooine: already been there, there isn't much left to tell. It's a remote system that no one cares about, and that's the way it should be treated. You put one story after another there and it's no longer a remote system.

-Hoth: There is absolutely nothing there, a remote world that no one was ever interested in, that's the reason why the rebels build their base there.

-Geonosis: A world without real civilization, no humans live there, nor are the geonosians technologically advanced at that point in time.

There are countless planets already in existence and you can always create many more, no reason to take movie planets and make them into something they are not.

It would be nice if you could start out in Jal Shey or the Baren Do or The order of Sasha and not just be forced to be a regular jedi. Planets i want in Kotor III are Ossus, Taris (new jedi temple there), Corresont, Mannan, and maybe Naboo. I want to see Jolee as a force ghost rather than alive because, if Revan was DS you killed him and Kotor III is probably set within 1 to 5 year after the Excile so he would probably be dead anyway. No Master Vandar, he had 2 opportunities to die so he probably did.

It would be nice if you could start out in Jal Shey or the Baren Do or The order of Sasha and not just be forced to be a regular jedi. Planets i want in Kotor III are Ossus, Taris (new jedi temple there), Corresont, Mannan, and maybe Naboo. I want to see Jolee as a force ghost rather than alive because, if Revan was DS you killed him and Kotor III is probably set within 1 to 5 year after the Excile so he would probably be dead anyway. No Master Vandar, he had 2 opportunities to die so he probably did.

I think the disciple already said that vandar died on kataar

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to find raw materials and then construct your own:

Robes

Lightsabers

all the other stuff you can build (like Kotor II)

I found breaking down a grenade and then with the simple "components" create an expert deflection emitter for example just a very lame thing. Look at SW galaxies then!!

Yes, not the best game but at least they will let you work and find (or buy) raw materials to convert them into an item which IMO is a far more realistic system then "make some life support packs from Thermal Detonators"

Please don't take this the wrong way, I wouldn't like to see Kotor III as an MMORPG.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect
Someone who sides with neither side doesn't have to be "grey". Even a true lightsider could disagree with the Jedi. Because of that, you don't need to create a third side.

True, but the point is, no one should be forced to side with the Jedi or the Sith. What if you don't want to side with either of them? Yes, it's true that someone who doesn't side with anyone doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be 'grey', but nonetheless, we still shouldn't be forced to side with the Jedi or the Sith. So even if your ultra LS, you don't have to side with the Jedi and even if your ultra DS, you don't have to side with the Sith.

Besides, it would be very hard to create an ending for a grey jedi. It's very easy for a light- or darksider, you are either the saviour or the conqueror, but what kind of role does a grey Jedi have?

Well, as you said, you can be LS, DS or 'grey' and still not side with the Jedi or the Sith, so a 'grey' ending/s would be to NOT side with either the Jedi or the Sith, but to abandon them and perhaps side with the Republic, the Mandalorians, a HK-Army, or perhaps other different groups, or if you don't want to side with anyone, then you'd simply choose to abandon the side that trained you to be a Jedi/Sith in the first place after the war ends, since, you cannot simply go into exile and abandon everything during a war can you? Especially if your character is important and is stuck in the middle of something that he/she cannot turn away from.

What's the fascination with all the planets from the movies?

-Tatooine: already been there, there isn't much left to tell. It's a remote system that no one cares about, and that's the way it should be treated. You put one story after another there and it's no longer a remote system.

-Hoth: There is absolutely nothing there, a remote world that no one was ever interested in, that's the reason why the rebels build their base there.

-Geonosis: A world without real civilization, no humans live there, nor are the geonosians technologically advanced at that point in time.

There are countless planets already in existence and you can always create many more, no reason to take movie planets and make them into something they are not.

Agreed. The only planets I want to see that were at least associated with KOTOR and KOTOR II are Slehyeron and M4-78 (Slehyeron was cut from KOTOR and M4-78 was cut from KOTOR II). I can see significance and plot potential for KOTOR III in visiting these two planets, besides Slehyeron and M4-78, the other planets I want to see in KOTOR III are Coruscant, Mykr, Khar Shian, Zonoma Sekot, Alderaan and Ziost.

If this stuff has been said, just ignore it... i didnt feel like reading 70 pages...

My idea for Kotor III would start off pretty simple... you are a young padawan at the jedi enclave on dantooine... some of the "Lost Jedi" make up the council... Atton, Brianna, Visas (yes, you turned her), Bao-Dur, Mira... curiously absent is Bastila...

Not sure on the story.. of course you are sent to find out what happened to Exile and Revan... why you are chosen to go is a mystery, seeing as you are just a padawan... Unknown to you is the fact that 20 years ago (at the end of Kotor I) Bastila had a child with Revan, before he left (another reason for him leaving.. wanting to save the galaxy for his child)... Your parentage gives those suprise elements along the way... first you find out who your mother is... then you find out who your father is (very star wars)... You find these facts out as you move through the game, eventually going beyond the outer rim to encounter the "true sith'... By this point you are pretty high level and you run into an old friend of ours... Exile... Since you are high level at this point, Exile joins your group... I dont know after that...

I think something that really should be considered is to have group members come and go... just because someone joins you at the beginning of the game, doesnt mean they should be killed in some plot cutscene, then have someone replace them...

hey iv got a suggestion how bout someone stops being gay and tells us if this game is even going to happen. its starting to piss me off. suspense is one thing but this is just stupid. its been long enough so instead of having people waste thier time with these suggestions how bout you just give us an answer

knights of the old republic III: the death of the exile, the rise of a new

knights of the old republic III: the last stand

knights of the old republic III: kreia's revenge

knights of the old republic III: revan's fall

knights of the old republic III: the exile's child

knights of the old republic III: rise of power

Knights of the old republic III: the new power

Knights of the old republic III: the new prohocy

Edited by chos echo

Kotor III: End of storyarch (finally)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Actually, what you mentioned sounds slightly like a possibility of how a revelation of a certain kind might unveil parts of what KOTOR could have left unexplored. There might be an alternative narrative as to how K1 and K2 have described Revan and the Exile's story in terms of character dialogue and background.

Just hope that K3's PC does not have a role for a name like Exile again. A name of some kind would suffice that related to personal meanings.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

They'll have to get some kind of name to character. It gets boring when NPC's called whole the time PC as "you". In k1 becoming boring was avoided with calling character mostly as Revan after Leviathan. In k2, it was avoided with "the exile will have to make the choice" instead of repeating "he/she must make the choice" etc. all the time.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Guest The Architect

Well, just like in KOTOR and KOTOR II, I think you should be able to choose your characters own name again in KOTOR III. Obviously no one can call you by your custom name (except for aliens) and obviously human characters have to call you by something, but what will it be this time in KOTOR III? Well, this one is tricky, because the Revan and Exile name idea has already been used, so I'm thinking that maybe your character could be called something that relates to his/her appearence, for example, you might be called 'Scarface' because your character has a large, visible scar on his/her face, know what I mean?

This would mean that every character face from the selection screen and/or custom screen would have to have a 'compulsory' scar on his/her face, but that wouldn't be difficult to do, but maybe instead of that idea, if indeed the new main character is to be a new pupil at the rebuilding Jedi Academy on Coruscant led by an inexperienced and youthful Jedi Council or a new pupil at the rebuilding Sith Academy on Korriban led by an inexperienced and youthful group of Sith Masters then maybe your new main character will be known as the 'padawan/apprentice' or the 'young Jedi/initiate', something like that? In fact, does anyone have any good ideas as to what the new main character of KOTOR III's name could be? (Assuming KOTOR III is made)

Heh, Scarface :lol: I want to be Godfather!