KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Guest The Architect
yo, the next one does not need to be a continuation of the lame story of KOTOR 2.

PREQUAL----setting--MANDALORIAN WAR----perfect setting for the game to thrive, ALL OF THE CHARACTERS relate and were involved in this time period. Tell a different part of the same story, my point--the base story of KOTOR 1 was perfect, 2 went in a direction that was a fun game to play, but once i beat it, I didnt want to play it again.

Go with everything like influencing people and choosing saber and color, just go with a better story and get back the game of the year status.

What is it with all these 'KOTOR storyline' worshippers? What do people find so great about the storyline of KOTOR? Seriously. This doesn't mean I hate or dislike KOTOR, but come on, if you ask me, as far as a plot goes, what KOTOR had to offer was pretty weak and dodge.

And what is it with this 'anti KOTOR II storyline mob'? Sometimes it gets on my nerves how some people fail to recognize Obsidian's brilliance in terms of the plot, god damn cut content, LA basically cut KOTOR II into shreds, if only Obsidian had the time to finish KOTOR II properly with all the stuff they were planning to include, I wonder what most people would like more?

Also, a lot of people seem to forget that Obsidian had a much tougher job than BioWare, BioWare didn't have to cater for some previous PC's gender/alignment and two LS/DS endings, BioWare didn't have to somehow put four plots into one workable plot, BioWare didn't have to come up with a legit excuse as to why the previous PC is not 'visually' in the game and BioWare didn't have to explain why the main PC (as an adult) learns to use the force so quickly instead of the mindwiped ex-Dark Lord crap.

If you ask me, if Obsidian made KOTOR, it would have been better than BioWare's KOTOR and if BioWare had to make KOTOR II based shortly after the events of Obsidian's KOTOR then it would suck IMHO as they would probably come up with some corny way to make you play as the previous PC again, or they'd cheaply kill off the previous PC to take him/her out of the equation or worst and most likely, they'd base the events off a fixed previous PC and force the previous PC's gender and alignment on you rather than letting you decide, no, I don't think they would of had the writing ability to tie in four plots into one plot like Obsidian did.

Obsidian were brilliant in the way they handled everything from KOTOR, a lot of people complain how everything was confusing and that you don't see enough of the previous characters from the first KOTOR, well for a start, considering the plot and the planets you visit, why would the Exile see Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee and Juhani? (If Revan was LS). They were so much more creative and deeper than BioWare, KOTOR II pwned KOTOR IMHO, I'm sure plenty of people beg to differ and well, fair enough, I can see why, with the cut-content, bugs/glitches and all and the fact that it wasn't so flat, simplistic and cardboard cut-out as KOTOR and it seems like most people want everything fed to them with a silver spoon, even when at times it is not necessary and is just dodgy.

So when you look at it, BioWare had an advantage, they had more freedom than what Obsidian did to tell their story, Obsidian had to be careful and think about different ways to create as much freedom as possible for their own story.

I don't understand how anyone could demand a prequel. Why would you want one?

There is nothing to be gained by a prequel, the story is told, you know the ending. No matter what you character does, it has absolutely no meaning on the story. If you choose a known character, you can't do anything either, as the choices the characters made were already decided by KOTOR I and II.

On the other hand, you have a story which needs to be finished.

If I have the choice between finishing a great storyarch and playing a story already told, I'll always choose the first one. You simply don't let a storyarch go unfinished. Or did you see Lucas go and create a prequel after Empire strikes back came out?

Edited by Dark Wastl

I dont really want a prequel before you know how the story ended even then i may not really want one. Like Dark Wast said you already know what is going to happen.

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

What should be added is lip sync.(Getting tired of the same mouth movements from every character <_< )And emotions on the characters face to match the tone from the voice actor.New planets such a Corosant,& some Sith planets such as Vjun,mayble Thule.Bring in some new characters & some old.(especialy the droids)

What should be added is lip sync.(Getting tired of the same mouth movements from every character <_< )And emotions on the characters face to match the tone from the voice actor.New planets such a Corosant,& some Sith planets such as Vjun,mayble Thule.Bring in some new characters & some old.(especialy the droids)

amen to that

I think Vjun was vaders homeworld and didn't come to promenince until AFTER He achieved the throne.

Ziost is another matter. I'd also like to see onderon done similar to the comics rather than the wierd amalgamation of comic and "earth" we have now.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My big thing is i want to find out what happen to revan

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

The storyline of KOTOR 3 would have to answer the questions from the first 2 KOTORs. It would have to tell us what happened to all of the characters. KOTOR 2 kind of left many things unanswered so they would need to answer the questions in KOTOR 3.

I just want a good name for it. I mean, K1 = Kotor, nice enough K2= Kotor 2 sith lords, nice enough. But what the heck will k3 be?

Kotor 3: The ultimate

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

hmm i lost the quote i had while reviewing my statment but in short it says that how u leave the acadamy effects your alignment. Then it has a wish list for hoods and such.

I thought Fable really had something with starting as a child and growing from there(academy be it sith or jedi by choice).

You begin as a child recruited by either dark or light by your choice and then you are taken to the academy. I thought KOTOR had the right idea when you trained to become a jedi because you actually learned what a jedi was. This could be that much better by making the training realistic by having at times tiresome and repetitive or in other words having training feel like training, as well as life during down time. By having more realistic training the player can get a feel of what it is to be a jedi or sith and can personally become that character. Better training also offers a chance to form bonds with your master and possibly fellow students,that can effect gameplay later such as Malak and Revan.

And to stem the tide of requests for more models when making a character I say this, i do agree i like games that have custom character makers and you have good choice of looks. However, this game isnt about that, (this isn't GALAXIES) its about shaping the star wars world as we know it and learning the history and future of certain characters and worlds. When you played ground-breaking games like FF7 and in my opinion Kingdom Hearts i can bet that 99% of all players did not think twice about the hero's(Sora/Cloud) looks nor did they stop and say hey i want to make them look my way, aside for the occasional costume change that somes games offer you dont even think of that as a factor for a top notch game such as FF7.

i love customization as much as the next gamer, but as someone said in an earlier post, this isnt the sims.

hmph that sound good enough for now :thumbsup:"

I just want a good name for it. I mean, K1 = Kotor, nice enough K2= Kotor 2 sith lords, nice enough. But what the heck will k3 be?

Kotor 3: The ultimate

1. Well, Lord Revan went to the unknown regions to fight te True Sith. Than the Exile went after him. Now the true sith are just a Force-sensitive species that interbred with the Force Users that went to the Dark Side after the Great Schism. A few examples of those sith are: Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kresh. But they are all dead.

While i was reading Clone Wars(Light and Dark) there was a scene where Darth Tyrannus gave Quinlan Vos the crystal of Darth Andeddu, who looked like a true Sith.

Now i red on Wookiepedia that they have plans for him. Maybe they will use him a leader of the True Sith. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Andeddu

2. Although the likehood of the things that i'm going to share is very small, i just want you to read it: In the new comics, Knights of the Old Republic the protagonis is Zayne Carrick. Zayne was a Padawan who was not very talented and always came to late. On the night where he was supposed to be a Jedi Knight he witnessed how his master and the other Jedi Masters of the council kils his fellow Padawans, shocked by this he runs away. While he runs away his masters tells the authorities it was Zayne who killed the Padawans and that they'll deal with him. After a little research he finds out, that his masters thinks he is going to be a Dark Lord of the Sith, a Destroyer of Worlds. Could this referring to Darth Nihilus?

Many fans have speculated about Zayne's future. If the Jedi Masters' fears turn out to be accurate, there is a possibility that Zayne could become one of the characters from the Knights of the Old Republic games. In particular, many fans predict that Zayne may become the Jedi Exile. Others theorize that Zayne may be Darth Nihilus, judging by the "destroyer of worlds" prophecy. Darth Sion is a more remote possibility

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zayne

Or Darth Nihilus could be his friend, Squint

Just as some fans believe that Zayne Carrick and the Jedi Exile can be the same person, so is it theorized that Squint may be Revan. However, it should be noted that "Revan" is a real name, not an alias or nickname, so "Squint" should be an alias for this theory to work. Also, given that Squint was captured and Nihilus was known to have been a prisoner of the Mandalorians, it is also possible that Squint and Nihilus are the same person.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Squint

So maybe a game about this?

Greets, Darth Nihilus

1. Well, Lord Revan went to the unknown regions to fight te True Sith. Than the Exile went after him. Now the true sith are just a Force-sensitive species that interbred with the Force Users that went to the Dark Side after the Great Schism. A few examples of those sith are: Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kresh. But they are all dead.

While i was reading Clone Wars(Light and Dark) there was a scene where Darth Tyrannus gave Quinlan Vos the crystal of Darth Andeddu, who looked like a true Sith.

Now i red on Wookiepedia that they have plans for him. Maybe they will use him a leader of the True Sith. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Andeddu

2. Although the likehood of the things that i'm going to share is very small, i just want you to read it: In the new comics, Knights of the Old Republic the protagonis is Zayne Carrick. Zayne was a Padawan who was not very talented and always came to late. On the night where he was supposed to be a Jedi Knight he witnessed how his master and the other Jedi Masters of the council kils his fellow Padawans, shocked by this he runs away. While he runs away his masters tells the authorities it was Zayne who killed the Padawans and that they'll deal with him. After a little research he finds out, that his masters thinks he is going to be a Dark Lord of the Sith, a Destroyer of Worlds. Could this referring to Darth Nihilus?

Many fans have speculated about Zayne's future. If the Jedi Masters' fears turn out to be accurate, there is a possibility that Zayne could become one of the characters from the Knights of the Old Republic games. In particular, many fans predict that Zayne may become the Jedi Exile. Others theorize that Zayne may be Darth Nihilus, judging by the "destroyer of worlds" prophecy. Darth Sion is a more remote possibility

Just as some fans believe that Zayne Carrick and the Jedi Exile can be the same person, so is it theorized that Squint may be Revan. However, it should be noted that "Revan" is a real name, not an alias or nickname, so "Squint" should be an alias for this theory to work. Also, given that Squint was captured and Nihilus was known to have been a prisoner of the Mandalorians, it is also possible that Squint and Nihilus are the same person.

Greets, Darth Nihilus

This is interesting

Greets, Darth Nihilus

This is interesting

Are you sarcastic?

Edited by Lord Nihilus

ummm why is revan KNOWN to be a name? after all dont' darth's change their name after their fall?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Mabye due lack of inspiration?

Well he wasn't the only one, the names after Darth usuall means something

Vader: Invader, or in dutch is means dad

Sidious: Insidious

Nihilus: Nihil means nothing in latin

Malak didn't changed his name, just as Darth Andedu, because i don't know that hidden message in Andeddu!

Greets, Darth Nihilus

<_<

I'll stick with my own theory that Nihilus is really the evil self of the Exile that he rejected on Malachor V.

Does anyone think we'll see Kreia as a Force Ghost in K3?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Greets, Darth Nihilus

This is interesting

Are you sarcastic?

No wasnt trying to be i never read any of the clone war material and i found it interesting srry wasnt trying to be sarcastic.

I'll stick with my own theory that Nihilus is really the evil self of the Exile that he rejected on Malachor V.

There had to be someone to "hear the echo" to twist one of the themes of K2 ... Nihilus may have been limited in power prior to M5, but when the Exile cut himself off from the force, the power was transferred into ...

We can hope that it will

In other news SOE is possibly give the rights to SWG to BIOWARE in austin and Might make a KOTOR MMORGP but its just a rumor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions

Customize your hilts

More Faces for both genders or a more complex customization system(but not to complex)

More content for Hand to Hand combat(I like to not use the lightsaber some times and just the force)

Start of with no force power( Like in KOTOR 1)

Game use Previous data to chooses a Revan and Exile

Thats all I have for now at 1:39am