KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

If this message board is monitored by Obsidian, would it be possible to get them to comment on IGN saying they believed one of the games being worked on is rumored to be K.O.T.O.R. 3 ?

I have never seen such popular demand for a game go without comment by the developer this long. Surely the reason Obidian moderators insisted all topics dealing with K.O.T.O.R. 3 go on one thread is because of the overwhelming responce this game is getting and it isn t even annouced as official yet !!!

What possible reason could Lucas Arts have for not making this game ? Surely they don t believe it would not make them money do they ?

Edited by bigkotorfan

There are reasons for it that they don't announce the game you know. It's because when you announce a game too early there are a lot of cr*** , ar******, id***, fo***** shareholders who are then going to demand things, that's what I read in a post of one of the devs on this forum.

So yes, the thing is, Kotor III might be worked on right now but we wouldn't hear anything about it until it is close to the release date.

Master Vandar lives!

Even though discussion has apparently shifted to whether this game will ever happen, I thought I'd offer my take on how the next installment could start without having to go through the mess of making the Exile or Revan playable again.

You play as a Jedi student on Dantooine. The game opens with a "Galactic History" test in which you're asked questions concerning Revan and the Exile. Whatever answers you give are treated as correct, and you pass with flying colors. The action starts when a damaged freighter -- the Ebon Hawk -- makes an emergency landing on your planet. Sent out with your master to investigate, you enter the ship to find in the ****pit the body of the Exile, apparently dead from numerous wounds, having survived just long enough to set the ship down intact. (Yes, I'm killing the Exile right off the bat. I suppose I've watched too much 24 for my own good. Anyway, picture something like the moment in KotOR2 when you find Vash's body on Korriban.) About to leave the ship, you encounter T3, from whom you find out that the True Sith have chosen Dantooine as the initial target for their invasion, and that Revan had sent the Exile back with the Hawk to warn you. Taking T3 with you, you start back for the Enclave, only to see the dropships already coming down on your heads. The Sith land around you, and you have to fight your way back to the Hawk, where your master sacrifices himself to ensure your escape.

End of Act I.

Not bad, but why not just have it crashland into Dantooine instead? Then you can spend the first part trying to repair the ship...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Not bad, but why not just have it crashland into Dantooine instead? Then you can spend the first part trying to repair the ship...

This was actually my original thought, but a couple things convinced me the ship needed to reach the surface at least mostly functional.

1) After the Sith start landing, you're not going to have time for the kind of repairs you'd have to do if the ship crashed.

2) Before they start landing, you've got no real reason to repair the ship.

I wouldn't be averse to making the player/T3-M4 do a few minor repairs of the ship, just to heighten the tension, but anything more than that would be awkward.

Hello eveyone :thumbsup:

I PM'ed Feargus Urquhart from obsidian and asked about whether they will ever do Kotor III and this is a reply I got in my PM box from Feargus Urquhart:

Hi,

It's tough for me to talk about KotOR3 specifically. I can say that we are not working on it. However, when it comes to what LucasArts is doing or not doing - I can't really comment. To work with a publisher we have to sign contracts that say we can't talk about things that they tell us when they haven't talked about them publically yet.

Sorry,

Feargus

Any way I won't give up guys, I still hope for a Kotor III and I won't give up until there is an actual no from LA or George Lucas.

Any way read the quote above.

-Bas

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

K3 is doomed :ph34r:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Part 2. this is the remainder of the part i displayed earlier. Oh and critisize all you want. But please dont call me a liar.

Now before you can leave Khoonda city, a messenger has sent for you from the council. They have found a jedi master for you depending on which jedi classs you chose depends on your master. All of the Masters are Former sith. Jedi Guardian-Dustil Onasi, Jedi Sentinel-Yuthera Ban, Jedi Consular-Kel Algwin. Then they talk to you about the force and blah-blah-blah they say that you will quickly become a jedi knight then they say that have to accompany you until you acheive the rank of jedi knight <_<. Then you and your master go to find Master Vandar and Master Bindo :ph34r: . They are on Kashyyyk. You are also accompany'd by and HK-55 droid.

Kashyyyk: Now instead of near the great walkway you are in the Wookie Village of Bayniro which boarders the Bay Of Kashyyyk. They are currently preparing for a final battle against the czerka slavers, they have fought against the slavers for almost 10 YEARS!. You are immediatly greated by Both Master Vandar & Master Bindo (w00t). They talk with you for a while and you'll get a chance to ask them to come back with you to Dantooine. They say that if you help the wookies in the final assault they'll accompany you to Dantooine. Then you get a suprise guest BASTILA is here too. Then you all remember the Onderon Civil War, well that's pretty much how this is not the things you have to do but the fight itself. Then you leave and take the THREE jedi masters back.

Dantooine: The council thanks you and your master and grants you the rank of Jedi Knight and now you have to travel four worlds that are being manipulated by the sith. Mannan, Naboo, & 2 other's Kyle's dad didnt tell me. Then the council has decided to make a high jedi council and move it to Corusant. That new council will of Exile, Atton, Disciphle, Brianna, and other random people. The Dantooine academy will have a council of Mira, Bao-Dur, Bastila, Vandar, Jolee, plus the three jedi class masters meaning, Dustil Onasi, Yuthera Ban, Kel Algwin.

Mannan: You fight some sith help the Selkath government get rid of them. Fight in another civil war.

Naboo: The quenn of Naboo is gonna pay for your help to destroy the sith base using Naboo's resourses. Fight your way to the base maybe some corrupted gungans.lol. that would be funny.

Cant tell you about the other two planets cause i dont know them.

Sankora: The new sith foundry world. Here a lot of jedi knights are landing with republic troops to assulult the Sith Academy and HQ. But when they land there ships they all get destroyed. Or so you think there ships and everything inside them are being corrupted by the darkside. All I know about is that if your darksided you'll allready be on Sankora fighting with the sith against the republic. Anyways I'm gonna talk about this as a lightside charector. So then the Exile realizes that all the jedi masters from K2 were right this is no fight through weapons and machines, it is a fought through the force. So Bastila begins using her battle meditiation, Then the Exile leads a group of jedi knights blah-blah-blah. You land in your ship with about 100 jedi knights with you. The exile has another hundred in the ebon hawk. They land near the Sith HQ You and your "squad" land near the academy. You fight some sith maybe a couple sith lords and maybe a boss here and there, he didnt go into detail. Then you meet up with the exile and destroy the HQ but almost all o f the sith lords escape into space :) . Now you return to space and follow them to their flagship. Much like the leviathan in k1. You get to the bridge and fight the ALLMIGHTY SITH LORD. and endgame.

Thank you and once again i would like to point out you may critisize but dont call me a liar.

*cough* dawuss *cough*

K3 is doomed :ph34r:

K3 isn't doomed, it isn't been made at this present moment but we still have hope. I won't give up unitl I have a real NO from LucasArts or GL himself, even if it takes forever. I think I can see LucasArts focasing on the games that they decided to do this year (eg Lego Star Wars and Indy) and they might possibly anounce K3 down the track I think as many people said. But call me very persistent. :blink:

Whatever path a K3 story takes, concepts of choice and responsibility might be a means to advance its story. I find it hard to imagine a K3 PC without considering how choices, either through LS or DS, can be a story that is predictable in advance.

That is what KOTOR games have which other SW games might not include.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I sincerely hope, Darth Jarize story isn't what it is going to be. First we think the Exile is dead, then he/she is alive and what frustrates me most is that apperantly both Revan and the Exile are LS.

When Revan is DS, he would kill Yuthura Ban and Kel Algwinn. And even if Revan is LS, you don't know if Yuthura and Kel Algwinn would be alive.

Also, if the Exile is DS, Mira would be dead and the others would certainly not be Jedi.

No, if this story is true then I think I could make a better story then this!!

Sure, I don't call you a liar Darth Jarize but if this is true then I think I would write a story, PM it to you and if you would then please give it to your dad's best friend it might give them some better idea's.

Who made up this story anyway? A monkey?

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect
I sincerely hope, Darth Jarize story isn't what it is going to be. First we think the Exile is dead, then he/she is alive and what frustrates me most is that apperantly both Revan and the Exile are LS.

When Revan is DS, he would kill Yuthura Ban and Kel Algwinn. And even if Revan is LS, you don't know if Yuthura and Kel Algwinn would be alive.

Also, if the Exile is DS, Mira would be dead and the others would certainly not be Jedi.

No, if this story is true then I think I could make a better story then this!!

Sure, I don't call you a liar Darth Jarize but if this is true then I think I would write a story, PM it to you and if you would then please give it to your dad's best friend it might give them some better idea's.

Who made up this story anyway? A monkey?

Spot on hawk, that story sucks for those reasons you've mentioned, but don't worry, there's no way Obsidian or even BioWare would write garbage like that, Darth Jarize might not be lying but his friend certainly would be, you can tell that story is lazy half-baked fanfic, me and hawk could write way better stories than that and if you compare that story to Jediphile's, well that's like comparing a sewer to a multi-million dollar three-story mansion (Jediphile's story being the multi-million dollar mansion), besides, if you look at Bastila Skywalker's latest post, it gives you the distinct impression that KOTOR III is not in development, so don't worry hawk, that story couldn't possibly be the official story for KOTOR III, either Darth Jarize is lying or his friend is, I can guarantee you that Chris Avellone (judging by his posts) would never write something like that, besides, he's a very good writer IMO and I don't think BioWare would write a story like that either.

O.K.,

So what we do know is we want K.O.T.O.R. 3.

Obsidian has now officially debunked the IGN rumor and Lucas Arts HAS NOT given them the go ahead to make the game.

I am upset about George Lucas choosing to develope Lego Star Wars 2 before even talikng to Obsidian about K.O.T.O.R. 3.

I went to the official Lucas Arts site to see if they had a chat room like this one so I could ask the same question that another forum member posed to Obsidian a few days ago here and I couldn t find a chat room on that site to ask the questions all K.O.T.O.R fans want an answer to which is will you make the game and if so when and if not why not ?

By the way, thanks to the forum member who emailed Obsidian for an answer and thanks to Obsidian for taking the time to answer, I only hope Someone can get George Lucas to do the same sometime soon.

Edited by bigkotorfan

One thing of small note: Lucas has aboslutely zilch to do with LucasArts. What Georgie-boyo mostly does is doing jackcrap on his Skywalker Ranch and plannin wolrd destr...ehmm, destruction of his old movies on the pretense that they are then more true to his "vision". Nowadays he doesnt even check canon anymore, there's a department for that. I rather doubt he even cares about anything else than his dough. Gaahhh

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

i know u guys either don't want Zandar to die , me too also would like him not to die but is just only 0.999 pct he's alive unless u can state that he either used a decoy to go there to meet wif the other if he sense that Darth Nhlius will kill them but that's not possible. Or He escape by using all his force power to protect himself? but i dun think a jedi would be so selfish. but i really hope zandar would make a come back to KOTOR 3 if possible. but not in ghost form since onli a ghost form can be made after qui gon made a comeback at ep3. 

Suggestions like what about the  legendary Yendar Platis? maybe they should include it in there?

Darth Bane?

hmm.. wondering when will it take place whether 1,000 years before the phantom menace or 2 ,000 years...

in K1 Revan speaks with Ajunta Paul's spirit on Korriban when you go to git his sword

if ajunta Paul canreturn as a ghost so can anyone else, provideed they've learned to

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

what has happened to the ideas and suggestions threads...

I think he is refering to people like me bringing up reality about K.O.T.O.R. 3 s prospects of getting made.

Well he is entitled to his opionion as I m entitled to mine and mine is on tryin to find out if their will be a K.O.T.O.R 3 to have thoughts & ideas about in the first place.

After the events of the last couple weeks; first K.O.T.O.R. 3 not even getting a mention at E3 and then a spokes person from Obsidian coming on this thread the other day and TELLING us they are NOT MAKING K.O.T.O.R. 3

at least not as of yet. I think because of those two things people who feel as I do have just as much right to their thoughts & ideas as you.

For example, it was an idea to get Obsidian to comment here, and as much as I HATE what they told us, I m glad at least they told us the truth instead of brushing off the subject.

Here is another idea, if anyone knows of an email address with a person to contact at Lucas Arts to have as many of us express an interest in K.O.T.O.R 3 with them as has been done with Obsidian lately maybe the game will actually start getting made.

If you have that information pleaese post it here for us so we as customers can help..or should I say pressure Lucas Arts decide to give Obsidian the go ahead on the game.

Ajunta Pall's force ghost was one of these "EU mistakes". There wasn't episode three when Kotor was published, so Bio couldn't know whole force ghost concept

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

All we need for KotOR III is an open galaxy similar to what Bioware are doing with Mass Effect. The Player Character can go planet hopping, either bringing Salvation or Destruction for LS or DS. I would love it if they had some planets that were not *quest* related, just planets that will either 1) give you huge bonus' like advanced lightsaber crystals, robes etc, or 2) planets that can lead to extra crew members. Letting us go to Slehyron would be good, just to muck about in the deul rings and doing hutts dirty work, and Corruscant is a must :wacko:.

And I do hope they dont bring the Ebon Hawk back as the main ship, the Player Character should get something bigger and more spacious. (Although having the Ebon Hawk make a cameo is something I wouldnt object to, like you board it to rescue someone? etc)

Whaddya hopin' for? Something bigger than Goto's Yacht?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It might help if quests were related to each other in some way. Basicaly, overlapping in terms of storyline that shows some commonalities across various quests in certain parts of the story. So, an example might be if a PC were to descend from a level to another to search for something as part of a main quest, between those two points, there might be something else of another quest that has to be initiated, something like a side quest, but which does not need to be completed. This allows an opening of other story alternatives rather than merely linear advancement. Just an idea.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

It might help if quests were related to each other in some way. Basicaly, overlapping in terms of storyline that shows some commonalities across various quests in certain parts of the story. So, an example might be if a PC were to descend from a level to another to search for something as part of a main quest, between those two points, there might be something else of another quest that has to be initiated, something like a side quest, but which does not need to be completed. This allows an opening of other story alternatives rather than merely linear advancement. Just an idea.

Good way to introduce extra quests,

I will lol if the people who do KotOR III use any of this material :D (I dont mean this specific quote, I mean all of the theories in these K3 threads :-)

Heya

found this on another forum.

Q: John of Oak Creek-Stanley, Has there been any word of a new Knights of the Old Republic game for the 360? Also, I don't know about you, but I would like to see a Knights of the New Republic (post Return of the Jedi). What do you think?

A: Stanley Miller II - John, no word on a new Knights of the Old Republic game, although that would be pretty sweet. I asked the people at LucasArts specifically about that effectively got a non-answer at e3. I hope they are working on one, though. It would behoove them to make another -- it would be profitable. A Knights of the New Republic would be cool, especially if it was loosely based on the Zahn series of books. I don't think that would be very likely though. I've also daydreamed of a Knights of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game that avoided all of the many mistakes in Star Wars Galaxies. Again, that is pretty unlikely

linkie:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=424562

Feel free to leave a little comment if you like.