KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I think that it would be okay not to have to go along the story with a full party of people. Make it optional. Sure the game would be extremely difficult but one of the best known things about Jedi is that they are loners when on a mission. Jedi are suppost to be capable. I agree about not too many planets as well. Making the planets look really good and have a bunch of storyline is better compared to a flurry of random planets.  To have a training system on the ship sounds good and repeating enemies on planets is what Im looking for. We might finally be able to get past level 30.

I agree with you Dace.

When you compare Kotor I with Kotor II there are some things in II which improved but the let's call it experience itself was far worse then Kotor I. Sure, you got the influence system, new items, the ability to create powerful upgrades, random items, improved datapads but it was somewhat porely done and it was so very rushed. Not to mention that we had so many party members:

Kreia

Atton

T3-M4

HK-47

Mandalore

Handmaiden

Mira

Hanharr

Visas

Disciple

Go-To

Bao Dur

Quiet a bit. Did I miss one?

If there were less party members they could have made the development a lot better. So why not have less party members then Kotor I (how about 7) and truely see them develop their characters. What is better? Hiring 7 voice actors who should speak more lines or have 12 or as some suggested 20 and make them underdeveloped. I think hiring 7 for a longer time is also cheaper then hiring 20 for a short time.

And about the planets? Yeah! Make them big and have a lot of time to explore, do quests and they don't have to add a planet because they think it would otherwise be a too short game.

How about making use of a speeder to get from one side of the planet to the other. It would make the planet feel much more real IMO. I think you then really feel that you are on a "planet". Maybe the landscape changes. Telos in Kotor II was a good example. We need more of that.

Master Vandar lives!

I believe they have begun work on K3, it's been over a year since the second one came out, K2 was started months after the first came out, and wasnt announced till later, K1 was announced a year before the xbox even came out, and then forgotten about, and then announced again within the year it was to be released...I think with all the negative hype and over hype leading up to k2, they have been working on it in secret as they did with K1....

...not saying it's obsidians project, it might have moved to another developer, but they probably dont want to mention it until within a year its ready to come out...so for the hell of it, say its been in developement this past year 1/2, I give it another year 1/2 before they start mentioning it, then about 6 months or more until its released....

EDIT: Otherwise, K3 is never going to come out, end of story.

Edited by Lord Satasn

Hey, the more the merrier. The way I see it, if you can create alot of well detailed characters then do it. I'd just like a choice other than having say Joeb you can chose to have Mandi. Instead of Susan you can chose to have Doug. Say 10 chars with a equal yet oppisite counter part. Kinda like Mira and Hanharr. Yea you could chose which char would be with you but if you wanted something truely to work then you'd have something like that.

More planets, at least x-box live upgradeable. yea i know 15 planets sound like a lot. (and I'm sure its hectic planing that many planets with something different to do on each) But I think it'll be a lot better, IMO, to have more planets, I don't care how long it takes them to bring the game out, I never really have. As long as the KotorIII doesn't blow.

I know many compaines that try new things, expand to other groups by changing just a little. Different setting, different time, different fight system. It should keep all that. But the Ebon Hawk has gotten old now, it should be 'spoded on an astroid. Keep the same basic things of the game, just expand on more chars. More planets, better faces/character creation. There are tons of games out there with character creation sections that allow great customizeation. yea you can change their faces, how about if you want bruce lees face with blue elvis hair and bright orange eyes. I mean, yea it's good to have bruce lee with bruce lee face and hair and eyes.

Why doesn't anyone care if you run around in your undies. They should be all like "Hey you be decent" or if your a chick char and in a cantina the guys should be all like *Hic* "hey baby.. I like you chesticals" and if your dark side you could like, force choke their chicken, or if your light side you could say 'thank you, you drunken slob of a man' ya know, things like that. <~~ yes this is random, but it'd be funny to see.

*Edit* And a better romace line. I thought that KotorI was alright. But you should be able to get further into the line. Like by the third planet it's all gravy and you got a chick/dude on your arm. And have a special ending of some sort. Ya know the cool stuff. Anyway, thats about all I needed to say. for now.

Edited by timberwolf0924

Hey, the more the merrier. The way I see it, if you can create alot of well detailed characters then do it. I'd just like a choice other than having say Joeb you can chose to have Mandi. Instead of Susan you can chose to have Doug. Say 10 chars with a equal yet oppisite counter part. Kinda like Mira and Hanharr. Yea you could chose which char would be with you but if you wanted something truely to work then you'd have something like that.

The difficulty i see with more characters isn't just with the player character having to interact with them all, but they also have to interact with eachother, as well as reacting spontaneously to things that occur throughout the game. It becomes a big mess sorting all of that out and to allow each character the time s/he needs to be done justice. And the more people there are, the less time within the game there is to devote to each character, especially if there is an influence system. And if each of them had counterparts... that makes for alot of dialogue and also alot of work to program in the outcomes of those interactions with all those variables ...

More planets, at least x-box live upgradeable. yea i know 15 planets sound like a lot. (and I'm sure its hectic planing that many planets with something different to do on each) But I think it'll be a lot better, IMO, to have more planets, I don't care how long it takes them to bring the game out, I never really have. As long as the KotorIII doesn't blow.

i don't see the need for more planets, but that rather depends on the plot. It gets a bit tiresome having alot of planets with lots of filler. i don't mind having to go on long forrays to get places, as long as there is a point to it eventually.

I know many compaines that try new things, expand to other groups by changing just a little. Different setting, different time, different fight system. It should keep all that. But the Ebon Hawk has gotten old now, it should be 'spoded on an astroid. Keep the same basic things of the game, just expand on more chars. More planets, better faces/character creation. There are tons of games out there with character creation sections that allow great customizeation. yea you can change their faces, how about if you want bruce lees face with blue elvis hair and bright orange eyes. I mean, yea it's good to have  bruce lee with bruce lee face and hair and eyes.

Although i understand the appeal of that, i think that is more of a cosmetic issue. Yeah, if they have time to make a detailed customizable appearance option, great. But i'd much rather see them fix the basics of how the interface works and getting things to run better. i was sick of the Ebon Hawk in the second one already, but since it had a plot tie-in, meh, what can ya do? If it is in the 3rd it would be a bit annoying but it would mean less for the devs to do with not having to make a new ship. i assume there are players who really like the Ebon Hawk too and want to keep it in, so that is one of those things that is alot like having only humans as NPCs because it makes writing the dialogues, putting in romances, and all that whole heck of alot easier.

Why doesn't anyone care if you run around in your undies. They should be all like "Hey you be decent" or if your a chick char and in a cantina the guys should be all like *Hic* "hey baby.. I like you chesticals" and if your dark side you could like, force choke their chicken, or if your light side you could say 'thank you, you drunken slob of a man' ya know, things like that.  <~~ yes this is random, but it'd be funny to see.

:devil: While it would be funny to see, it may be a bit much for them to add that much detail. But it would also be priceless to see the NPCs reactions to those remarks as well...

*Edit* And a better romace line. I thought that KotorI was alright. But you should be able to get further into the line. Like by the third planet it's all gravy and you got a chick/dude on your arm.  And have  a special ending of some sort. Ya know the cool stuff. Anyway, thats about all I needed to say. for now.

yeah, i agree with, shall i say, more detailed romance stuff. i always found it odd that all this interaction gets built-up over the course of the game, then comes the confession and the refusal or the getting together, and that is it. Hun? Isn't that when things just get started? i found it odd how wtih LS Revans at the end of KotOR, how after defeating Malak and finally being free, all they say is "yay! Malak is dead. We're about to become space dust. Let's go." and that's it. i'm curious what makes post-getting together relationships so difficult to put into a game...

I think voices would be good for your pc...for other people as long as you could pick no voice for your character it would be fine because i just find it better with no voice for your pc

Heres how i think the story should go

It has been 2 years since the sith and jedi were wiped from the galaxy and there hasnt been any mysterious sith planetary life wipes.Since the disappearence of Jedi Master Revan 7 years ago most have forgotten of him.The galaxy is still falling apart and the republic is beginning to lose hope of keeping an intergalactic society and is thinking of separating but still keeping current technology

Meanwhile above a small rock with minimum atmosphere a chase is taking place

Some red Eclipse trandoshan assassins are chasing a small cargo freighter in a stolen republic fighter.The small cargo freighter is loaded with stolen spices for vogga the hutt.You awaken in a tipped over crate to loud blaster noises and an explosion, you grab a peice of debris and go and find the ****pit.You dart down the corridor and hear voices behind a door "Those red eclipse thugs are really obsessed with their spices" says a male voice "yes and...oh no there docking!" says a female voice "Great angry trandoshans what can get worse" says the male voice "well atleast they dont have some psychotic wookie right?" "yeah atleast we might not die too painfully".You then whack one trandoshan and pick up his blaster and shoot the rest "i heard strange noises in the corridor as if someone was killing the thugs, ill go check it out"."Oh my god thank you you have saved my life..and my wifes" he says to you

you reply with

1.who are you? no points

2.i did didnt i :D ? no points

3.better be careful or your next ds points

The red eclipse ship leaves then fires a torpedo at the engines and the ship crashes.It gets wrecked real bad but everyone survives and then the male guy gets out and yells WOW that was close :blink: and an underground carnivouros plant pokes out of the sand and eats him :) (well we do need a bit of humor right :) ) "aaaaagh im a widow" his wife cries out

and thats the intro and you then find an ancient rakatan outpost and discover something amazing and then you get eaten by the plant worm thingy and then you rescue the guy cause the thing doesnt have a digestion system and you both escape on a rakatan ship and you find the ebon hawk later in the game

other planets include

Corellia

Coruscant

The Unknown Place (it isnt really a planet) (you find revan here but some strange things happen)

Taris

Naboo (gungans are here :) and you can kill some of them if you want (w00t))

Dxun

and i cant think of many more useful ones

It should have large seamless planets

One thing: I've seen some 10 x 10 "plots" for Kotor III. Why people are making them? Obsidian will surely make their own plot

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

in kotor III they should have an advanced character creator

and it should have a better editor like in other rpg's so that you can make your own campaigns.You should have a space limit in your inventory but plenty of storage compartments in your ship

Other worlds should include

Ithor (you get to visit a city and the surface)

Myrkyr

First off...

KOTOR I AND II were so awesome, the story, dialog, atmosphere were just off the charts in everything. However, It concerns me some in terms of continunity with the Star Wars universe. The New Order books are notorious for this and any real fans avoids them, they know to.

** SPOILER ALERT **

Now, I think it goes with out saying to PLEASE make KOTOR III. II even ends where Kreia (favorite character, hey, she's just misunderstood!) tells us that Revan is fighting the TRUE sith, beyond the outer rim, and that she thinks I will join him.

You have so much material to work with for KOTOR III and you guys at Obsidian ended it perfectly in terms of continuing on with the story, I only ask you remember the continunity with the Star Wars universe in general.

What I'd like to see? CUSTOM characters, maybe not something as detailed as Oblivion, but at least a little something like hair choices, a few faces, come on. I'm not upset about hte one race thing, just spice it up a bit.

Improve on the engine, it's nice, but ageing.

oh ya... and dont sell out to xbox, please release for PC as well with advanced graphics options.

Thats about it... get to work guys, please?  :D

Edited by Michcool125

Just played a bit of KotOR on the pc for the first time, and i really was annoyed by the method of controling character movement. Playing it on the Xbox was relaxing, using a keyboard and not having the 'click on the screen to make the character go where you want' as the BGs and NWN did, just really is terrible. Thus i suggest:

1. make the pc version controller friendly/compatible, at least for movement if not for the other controls
  2. put the 'click to where the characters should go' method of movement back in
  3. improve the ease of use for the interface screens, they sub-menued too much
  4. improve the combat action interface. Having to click on the little boxes with the mouse to scroll for which attack to use every time is very frustrating.
  5. have the movie resolution match the rest of the game's resolution. Such nice movies were so blurry because the monitor's resolution is different than the movies' resolutions.

i'm not a computer competent so i'm stating this from the point of view of a person who can't just tweak things and resolve these issues.

Edited by Hekate

Just played a bit of KotOR on the pc for the first time, and i really was annoyed by the method of controling character movement. Playing it on the Xbox was relaxing, using a keyboard and not having the 'click on the screen to make the character go where you want' as the BGs and NWN did, just really is terrible. Thus i suggest:
  1. make the pc version controller friendly/compatible, at least for movement if not for the other controls

2. put the 'click to where the characters should go' method of movement back in

3. improve the ease of use for the interface screens, they sub-menued too much

4. improve the combat action interface. Having to click on the little boxes with the mouse to scroll for which attack to use every time is very frustrating.

5. have the movie resolution match the rest of the game's resolution. Such nice movies were so blurry because the monitor's resolution is different than the movies' resolutions.

i'm not a computer competent so i'm stating this from the point of view of a person who can't just tweak things and resolve these issues.

I guess it's a way of what you are used to do really. I didn't have much problem with the control system on the PC but I don't own an Xbox so I don't know much about the difference. I do agree with you about the movie resolution though.

Edited by hawk

Master Vandar lives!

Why dont we petition Obsidian for KotOR? I mean, if we can get a large number of people to "sign" it then they will see that what the people want is KotOR 3. We could get people to put down their E-Mail with their screename and have something sent to their mail that confirms their allegiance to the petition.

Just an idea...

Edited by Dace_Acier

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Obsidian has already expressed interest in doing K3. So there would be little point in petitioning them for it. No, the matter is on Lucasarts' table, and since they own Star Wars, whatever they say goes. But they seem to have some policy about not bringing out too many Star Wars games over a set period of time, so it'll probably be some time before we see K3.

Still, I do think they could at least announce it. It'd still be ages before the game comes out...

I found this on theforce.net, still a little disapointing though. :?

But so far nothing has been seen or written in regards to KOTOR III, Republic Commando II, Star Wars Galaxies' future, and the rumoured title based around Darth Vader. All of those, of course, have never been completly confirmed nor denied by LucasArts as yet ... but we're still hoping.

linkie:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/E...itles_98419.asp

After the text crawl, I wanna be thrown into a huge battle with the largest fleets my comp can handle. One where I'm trying to catch my breath in but never seem to be able to do it...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The eveyone would say...oh look it's Episode 3 all over again...whooooo.

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

That might be cool. I think the large space battles are nice to see but how big a force can the Republic create at this time? What we saw in KotOR 2 was probably the whole fleet. I think it would be nice to have a beginning with more story movies in it instead of a prologue where you move T3 around the ship doing random things. A small space battle to set the mood and story would be nice though. Nothing too large, like an assault cruiser versus some smaller sized smuggler craft and maybe a Goto space yaht. That's one more thing. Who the heck was Goto anyways? He was an Exchange Crime Boss yeah, but how important was he behind the scenes? Anyways...to me, the story should be later with the Order reborn. It would be nice to see the Lost Jedi as teachers to you, a young Jedi Padawan. Working your way up the ranks to a Knight in the game instead of being some all-powerful former Sith Lord or Jedi Master right out of the gate who just forgot how skilled he was. The Jedi Temple is where I think KotOR 3 should start. Why not go all-out for the final installment? I say final because no games should ever really go past 3. There wouldnt be much reason to do a 4 anyways because you would be close to Episode 1 in about a thousand years anyways. We all know that in that 1000 years there were only two Sith at a time due to Bane.

Edited by Dace_Acier

That might be cool. I think the large space battles are nice to see but how big a force can the Republic create at this time? What we saw in KotOR 2 was probably the whole fleet. I think it would be nice to have a beginning with more story movies in it instead of a prologue where you move T3 around the ship doing random things.

I think most of us didn't like how K2 began (prologue or Peragus), so I doubt will see anything like that again in a potential K3.

A small space battle to set the mood and story would be nice though. Nothing too large, like an assault cruiser versus some smaller sized smuggler craft and maybe a Goto space yaht. That's one more thing. Who the heck was Goto anyways? He was an Exchange Crime Boss yeah, but how important was he behind the scenes?

Goto was

GOTO. There is no human Goto - it's just a hologram that GOTO created. That's why nobody ever meets Goto in person - he doesn't exist. If you build influence with GOTO and pass an influence check with him during your conversations, he even admits this. The Goto persona was created only because GOTO found that nobody would accept a droid "liberator". Indeed GOTO was the initial droid sent to orchestrate matters on Citadel Station over Telos and which "disappeared".

Anyways...to me, the story should be later with the Order reborn. It would be nice to see the Lost Jedi as teachers to you, a young Jedi Padawan. Working your way up the ranks to a Knight in the game instead of being some all-powerful former Sith Lord or Jedi Master right out of the gate who just forgot how skilled he was. The Jedi Temple is where I think KotOR 3 should start.

Agreed. I'm sick of being this "chosen uber-jedi". I want to be the smart, young jedi. Not sure what you mean by how it should take place "later" in order to have an Order reborn. My own proposal was to have the Exile's companions be the teachers of a new "order" that was really just trying to pick the pieces of the old one by training the younglings that were left on Coruscant. The new PC would then be one of the oldest who was just about to become a padawan. But I still had the jedi order in shambles. We need to see that the jedi order really have been hurt by recent history before we allow the order to grow strong again, I think.

Why not go all-out for the final installment? I say final because no games should ever really go past 3. There wouldnt be much reason to do a 4 anyways because you would be close to Episode 1 in about a thousand years anyways. We all know that in that 1000 years there were only two Sith at a time due to Bane.

That doesn't seem particularly relevant, since there is plenty of time in which to let whatever take place. Still, I too want K3 to be the last part of a trilogy, and I want closure of the characters of Revan and Exile. That doesn't preclude a K4, but it should then be the first chapter of a new trilogy, I think.

Wouldnt it be cool if when they made it they put all our screenames in the special thanks section of the credits? (w00t)

I think each time you visit a different planet a different day time or night time would be nice, you know each time you visit the same planet over a number of period time it would change to make the game more interesting. and different whether patterns would be nice too, maybe it rain one minute then the next time round it thunderstorms or something to make it more realistic, of couse adding all these real like things in to a game like this would take time and a ot of money and LA would have to have the gut to do it, and if all this happens maybe they might jusrt get a 9.6 or higher.

While that would be nice it would need to be completely online. It would just be another Galaxies. What about time limits to things? If you dont perform a certain objective in due time the story of that planet changes. Say in 2, when you have to rescue Queen Tallia from Vaklu, say you dont get the door open fast enough. She dies, you can no longer meet with that Jedi Master guy(cant remember name) that way and have to find another IF he wasnt captured.