KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

No more turn based combat. I know Kotor is about story and plot moren than combat, but still turn based combat gets stupid and annoying sometimes.

I don't agree. I want turn-based combat to stay. How well a battle goes should be determined by the skills I'm building for my character, not how good I am at pushing buttons - that's what FPS is for.

I'd agree more that the turn-based combat, as it is now, could use improvement and be better implemented, though.

I agree to that as well. There are quiet a number of combat games out there and at least in Kotor I (and in Kotor II or dif.lvl. Hard to a ceratin extent) you don't just kill everything in sight with the push of some buttons and watch the show.

So turn based combat? Yeah, it's okay to stay in Kotor III. All we need is some tougher to beat opponents. Why was the Trayus academy so much easier then the Star Forge? Why was Malak so much tougher then Kreia and could Malak stun you in one attack.

Why are the Terentateks and Naga Sadows tomb so much tougher then Jekk Jekk Tarr or the Royal Palace?

Other then that, I have heard so many complaining about the Ebon Hawk turret gun in Kotor I each time they leave a planet. I also imagine that there are a lot of old or maybe disabled people playing Kotor. Give these people a fair chance please!!

Master Vandar lives!

No more turn based combat. I know Kotor is about story and plot moren than combat, but still turn based combat gets stupid and annoying sometimes.

I don't agree. I want turn-based combat to stay. How well a battle goes should be determined by the skills I'm building for my character, not how good I am at pushing buttons - that's what FPS is for.

I'd agree more that the turn-based combat, as it is now, could use improvement and be better implemented, though.

Then it should be a FPS. I believe speed is the most important skill needed in battle.

Then it should be a FPS. I believe speed is the most important skill needed in battle.

Fair enough in the jedi knight games. Not okay in KotOR. KotOR is a CRPG, not a FPS, and I want it to remain as such.

ok my ideas.

1.make the game good! [the most obvious point]

2.make different races chooseable [iridonions, yoda's race, twiliks]

3.improve the battle system, make it so that in lightsaber combat the lightsaber clashs with the other weapon and causes damage [a lightsaber hitting a person and them not dieing makes no sense]

4. make the armor look alot less stupid [the mandolorian armor and a few others looked alright but some of the armor types looked like a running tracksuit with a shiny piece of metal on the chest]

5.make the enemies harder

6.have it so that at certain points in the game you have to use your non-jedi characters alot more often [why would i use hk-47 and mandolore when i could use visas and kreia?]

7.more planets, corusont would be a big plus.

8.have a choice to be revan, exile or a completely new character [not sure how dat 1 would work out and its probably a bad idea]

9.really improve combat [like have it so that a good hit knocks the enemy back so that you'd be moving around while fighting, in lightsaber combat have it so that you'd be jumping and doing flips or something crazy]

10.have actual starwars music in it like di di di dI! di di [cos the music in kotor 1 and 2 r crap]

11.don't run out of ideas like i have just now

12. oh and of course good graphics [but not so good you'd need the most recent hardware for it, some of us have bad pcs here]

i wish that the animations for the characters would flow better i also wish their was a option for turn based and combat like their is in the jedi knight series space combat needs to be adjusted becuz it was just plain boring

agreed

I agree and I think if they looked at the fight scenes in Episode 3, IE Yoda and Palpatine, Mace and Palpatine, Anakin and Obi-Wan, they could apply those types of fights into a game. Being able to block Force Lightning with a hand or lightsaber would be way sweet. Too have actual FIGHTING AND NOT STUPID HACK AND SLASH is another. Different fighting styles and lightsaber forms clashing in a beautiful flurry of light and sound are my Knights 3 dreams. Say someone uses a fencing style against someone who focuses on power hits, the fencer is going to mess him up in real life (Dooku and Anakin) so why not in the game?! One other thing...hoods. In the movies the Jedi and Sith always would put up their hoods whilst wearing their robes, to me that is a must option for any charcter in a Star Wars game. I have to admit that Knights 2 improved on this but the robes blowing in the wind in the same way got really old. Why not use the modern game physics of X Box 360 or a graphics card to make them move with the environment?

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

i wish that the animations for the characters would flow better i also wish their was a option for turn based and combat like their is in the jedi knight series space combat needs to be adjusted becuz it was just plain boring

agreed

I agree and I think if they looked at the fight scenes in Episode 3, IE Yoda and Palpatine, Mace and Palpatine, Anakin and Obi-Wan, they could apply those types of fights into a game. Being able to block Force Lightning with a hand or lightsaber would be way sweet. Too have actual FIGHTING AND NOT STUPID HACK AND SLASH is another. Different fighting styles and lightsaber forms clashing in a beautiful flurry of light and sound are my Knights 3 dreams. Say someone uses a fencing style against someone who focuses on power hits, the fencer is going to mess him up in real life (Dooku and Anakin) so why not in the game?! One other thing...hoods. In the movies the Jedi and Sith always would put up their hoods whilst wearing their robes, to me that is a must option for any charcter in a Star Wars game. I have to admit that Knights 2 improved on this but the robes blowing in the wind in the same way got really old. Why not use the modern game physics of X Box 360 or a graphics card to make them move with the environment?

This is all because KotOR is based on WotC's d20 RPG system. And yes, I would agree that it sucks. It may be that the games are tied to that system and may not be altered too far away from it. Don't know...

All I do know is that I'm fine with changes, but I want it to remain turn-based or at least "semi-turn-based" - I don't want real-time fighting. If I wanted that, I would play another game and not a CRPG. KotOR fighting *must* be based on the stats of my character and *not* on my own ability to sit here and press buttons, because then it stops being a CRPG, and that is unacceptable! Then it is no longer KotOR!

They've just put up a webpage, just in case there ever will be a KotOR III. As the page itself tells, they know nothing.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1: You should have alot more people on your team. (Think about Suikoden [sp] but they have like 60+) Just so you can have alot of people with different skills. All should be able to become Jedi, or if they are dark become Dark Jedi. Not saying 60, maybe 20 with five person team

2: A bigger ship with some sort of training room. Where your computer generates random enemies and you have to fight (alone or with a group) and kill what ever the computer puts out (heh, I just said 'puts out')

3: Larger battles, have a special battle if all your PCs become Jedi, where based on their skill in fighting, determine if you win or lose. say 20 PC Jedi against 20 Dark Jedi. Or if you train your squad in fire arms then have a large battle where you and a few of your jedi run out and meet the oposing jedi on the field while the rest of your team shoots at the soliders from the Sith. (or republic depending on what your alignment is)

4: More types of sabers. Saber Nunchucks, Saber Sythe, Saber Katars, Saber Dagger.

5: Implanent a Mira type wirst launcher as a perminant on either your PC or on another char.

6: More wookies on you team. Say 3?

7: Mandalorians are great, why not more of then also, 3?

8: Handmaiden or Disciple, Mission, Visas, Mira, Atton, Jahuni, Bao-Dur, HK-74, TM-34, Zaalbar, Canderous, Jolee, Mandalore. (Handmaiden if your male, Disciple if your female.) [Even if they have to be secret characters for you to recruit] Create chars from there on.

9: Able to Recruit Revan and the Exile if you played and beat both games light and dark side. With them keeping the stats from the previous games + however you play them now. And whatever your char alignment is how they join you.

10: Better weapons, and vehicles with weapons. [sometimes you wanna take that land speeder and run over a few, even if it is just an animation, jerry rig it to blow up or run them over (bad guys)]

11: A new droid maybe (G0-T0 shouldn't be there.)

12: Larger Teams. Say 5 Two melee, two ranged and one healer, that'd be great.

13: More planents, say 20 planents to go to. And if you complete them all you get like an extra 5?

14: More races to create a main character from. Male/Female Miraluka, Male/Female Twi'lek, Male/Female Falleen, Male/Female Mandalorian... (ect..ect)

15: The choice to just be a soilder not Jedi. [soilders are hero's also right, Plus you'll have enough jedi on your team.]

16: If your DS you should be able to raid small villages/homes.

17: If your DS you should be able to use your powers on anyone, like choke or lightening, or push. Just to get your point across to them. Able to steal from the vendors, or threaten them into giving you real good discounts [DS]

18: LS get discounts by persuasion or helping the merchant do quest, say open trade route, get items for inventory from another planet....ect..ect

19: Have a driod like on Ep3 Be an ally. Able to hold four weapons (not really an idea, just something that'd be cool)

20: Able to fly a republic or sith war ship, as a special ship for beating the game as LS and DS. (Comadere it?)

21: Better looking head gear, I hate the way it you look like a backstreet boy with some of the head gear.

22: Secret armor, say full body mandalorian armor, full body repubic commando outfit, better jedi robes, robes with better armor class.

23: Armor doesn't restrict use of force powers. Sucks to be getting your tail kicked becase you have +4 robe with hood and your fighting a mandalorian when their suits have like +10 armor with a 15% damage decrease againt all types of weapons.

24: Pod Drops into battles. Last battle can be a massive war field (like the Mandalorian wars) and you have to drop into the battle via Balisk droid or excape pod. that'd be cool.

25: I'm running out of idea, so I'll stop here and post when I get more.

Those won't work as an RPG...More like Warcraft 3 with that many ppl in your team! :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

2: A bigger ship with some sort of training room. Where your computer generates random enemies and you have to fight (alone or with a group) and kill what ever the computer puts out (heh, I just said 'puts out')

i like the training room idea. It would be cool if the cast (NPCs) could spar together and learn to better coordinate and function as a team, giving gradual team bonuses or improved skills (ie stealth) when in battle in the field with their practice group.

Well I'd like more worlds such as Coruscant, Hoth, Dagobah, and others.

AWlso like mnay other people have said I would like the option to be an alien such as a Twilek or a Rodian. I'd like more optons for party members and miore alien party members

Well I'd like more worlds such as Coruscant, Hoth, Dagobah, and others.

AWlso like mnay other people have said I would like the option to be an alien such as a Twilek or a Rodian. I'd like more optons for party members and miore alien party members

Hoth and Dagobah are remote worlds. No reason to go there.

Coruscant - Why the heck not

Hoth - What am I going to do there? Shovel snow? Hunt wampas and tauntauns?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I wanna' see Kuat and some planet ideal for romance

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I wanna' see Kuat and some planet ideal for romance

Ithor would be nice. As well as the temples on Yavin 4. Coruscant is a MUST if 3 is to be the last game. I wonder what the Jedi Temple looked like 2000 years before the Battle of Yavin... Not to mention how the capital would look then as well. To have a big Masters of The Force fight scene in the Senate Rotundra would be very awesome, just like in Episode 3.

Does anyone besides me think that the Exile or Revan could have schooled Sidious or Yoda? Definately not in lightsaber battle but in Force Powers.

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

I think , to start the game, the main character is on Coruscant in the Jedi Temple & the main character goes around to a jedi master, the same species as Yoda & Vandar, & continues his/her training, but something happens & the temple has to be evacuated. So then you & your master go travelling around the galaxy gathering more characters & stuff. But near the end the main character has a confrontation between his master & an extremely powerful Sith Lord ( me ), then when he/she makes their decision they follow that path they've chosen, & what of your allies? do as you please, kill them, let them live whatever. ( KILL, KILL, KILL )

Guest The Architect

I'm sick of reading the posts that say I want K3 to have 'more planets, party members' and all this stuff, no! Do you want another rushed, incomplete game with lots of bugs and glitches? Because put it this way, LucasArts are far too greedy and impatient to give the game dveloper of K3 enough time to make the game huge, etc, and besides, I want quality over quantity, I don't care if K3 is not as long as K1 or K2, it's what in the game that counts, not how long it is.

What would you rather have, seven rich, well detailed, long, interesting and highly explorable planets or twelve unfinished, rushed, short, crappy, boring planets? Would you rather have eight interesting, well-written, detailed and useful party member characters or twenty (like some guy suggested recently) useless, waste of space, rushed, boring characters? I think the answer is a no-brainer, I want quality over quantity in K3, and if possible, qualit and quantity.

So LucasArts, you bloody well god damn give the game devs of K3 anywhere between 2-3 years to make the game, if you do, both you guys and us fans will benefit.

I think that it would be okay not to have to go along the story with a full party of people. Make it optional. Sure the game would be extremely difficult but one of the best known things about Jedi is that they are loners when on a mission. Jedi are suppost to be capable. I agree about not too many planets as well. Making the planets look really good and have a bunch of storyline is better compared to a flurry of random planets. To have a training system on the ship sounds good and repeating enemies on planets is what Im looking for. We might finally be able to get past level 30.